Sign in to follow this  
kukulino

No trees after patch

Eh Eh Eh....Is this an anti environment Patch? :rofl:

They call it progress....WTF

And the next patch will put all concrete and asphalt maps?

LOL relax man, here's my way of sorting things with this game:

1. Try to solve it on your own

2. If #1 fails consult other people on CA

3. If both, #1 and #2 fail, go bitch on TW forums for TK to see and fix it :D

Seriously though I have no doubt this was simply a mishap and will be solved ;)

LOL relax man, here's my way of sorting things with this game:

1. Try to solve it on your own

2. If #1 fails consult other people on CA

3. If both, #1 and #2 fail, go bitch on TW forums for TK to see and fix it :D

Seriously though I have no doubt this was simply a mishap and will be solved ;)

Yes I think as well is a simple mishap, it is something so big and evident that is not in TK's style to be left untreated.

On the other hand, Brain have you looked at the terrain Data? I am checkin WOI's one since is the only one I patched so far. I can't see any real difference regarding alpha object entries compared to the sept08's one. Which what led me to thinkt hat it is a code problem. what do you think?

Tk is advised, someone already posted at TW's forum

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5816

(a shame because I liek the label-thing, especially in later days campaigs, they make a good Awacs-simulation and inprove your SA; and god only know how many other goddies are hidden in the patch..if it wasn't for this tree thing(

Edited by Canadair

I compared Alpha object entries between CA_Stary's GH2 DATA.ini and new WoV data.ini and they are quite different however - using new entries does not help.

As for TW forum for osme strange reason I can't access it right now :dntknw:

I compared Alpha object entries between CA_Stary's GH2 DATA.ini and new WoV data.ini and they are quite different however - using new entries does not help.

I meant alphaobject entries between preoct08 and postoct08 entry...

Well anyway, I'm pretty sure this is something only TK can fix...

Well anyway, I'm pretty sure this is something only TK can fix...

I got no treeeeeeeeeees in Vietnam, I got no treeeeeeeeeees in Europe, I got no treeeeeeeeees......correction......bushshshshshshshshshs in Israel.............

Poor pitiful me..................

There are a LOT of differences between the Apr. 08 and Oct. 08 Terrain data for First Eagles but so far I haven't found anything that makes the trees come back. Minor inconvenience AFAIC. It'll get fixed, I'm sure.

I hope that once TK does fix it, he'll tell us what files need to be specifically updated so we don't have to do a 3rd complete re-install in 1 1/2 months.

Edited by malibu43

I hope that once TK does fix it, he'll tell us what files need to be specifically updated so we don't have to do a 3rd complete re-install in 1 1/2 months.

Don't you keep a back up fresh install handy on a disk, back up HD, data stick or something? Here is a hint folks, it took me all of 15 mins to get all my installs patched. In the pic you will see I have zipped installs ready to go. New patch? unzip the install, add patch....done. It took longer for me to get the pic and type this post then have to unzip and patch a new install.

I'm guessing it' something in the terrainengine.dll, but I'm a dumbs**t....

As long as TK knows about it, he can find the answer and fix it (that's the diagnostician/technician in me speaking). We just must concentrate on finding our 'happy place'....deep breathing and relaxiation excercises...thinking calming, soothing thoughts...

ah, carp...hell with that!!! I'm gonna blow the living f***ing daylights outta something!!!!

In my NOT 10/08 updated version!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

Well I like AI better in this patch, or to me it seems better. But here we go, one step forward, two steps back. I really liked the tree mods too. Oh well I can live without them.

Don't you keep a back up fresh install handy on a disk, back up HD, data stick or something? Here is a hint folks, it took me all of 15 mins to get all my installs patched. In the pic you will see I have zipped installs ready to go. New patch? unzip the install, add patch....done. It took longer for me to get the pic and type this post then have to unzip and patch a new install.

Creating a new clean install and patching is no problem. But by re-install I meant mods and everything else. I had pretty much everything added and just had the terrain mods left when I found out about the tree issue...

Creating a new clean install and patching is no problem. But by re-install I meant mods and everything else. I had pretty much everything added and just had the terrain mods left when I found out about the tree issue...

Adding mods was a drag and drop affair after I patched, I grabbed my effects folders, aircraft, weps, and ground objects. Minus any .dll's and that took me about 25 mins because the amount of aircraft transferred over was hefty.

I wondered how i was getting better frame rates with Labels added, didn't notice the trees missing. Not sure i want to fix it for my low end computer, but i hope TK gets it worked out for the rest of you.

After having a day to cool off, i am very glad that TK keeps updating these sims, i was just a little frustrated last night because i had finally worked out the September patch issues and outta the blue here comes another patch. It turns out that the Oct08 patch is very simple to add your mods to and worth using.

My bad, and Thanks to TK and everyone at CombatAce! :good:

Adding mods was a drag and drop affair after I patched, I grabbed my effects folders, aircraft, weps, and ground objects. Minus any .dll's and that took me about 25 mins because the amount of aircraft transferred over was hefty.

Yeah, I could probably do the same. Especially since I added all the mods so recently, I know exactly what to grab :biggrin:

It's all good... TK will take good care of us... :good:

Well the new patch fixed the trees in First Eagles. . Thanks TK.

I also discovered that trees really affect framerates. :blink:

Are the Trees the only change in the new patch version?

If so, im going to skip it because i'm really enjoying the better framerates, but i don't want to miss out if something else has been added.

Thanks!

Are the Trees the only change in the new patch version?

If so, im going to skip it because i'm really enjoying the better framerates, but i don't want to miss out if something else has been added.

Thanks!

Think so, as it seems that only one file has changed compared to the earlier okt patch, being: wox\system\TerrainEngine.dll

Still no trees....

The B patch won't install coz it says the game is already up to date.....

boo hoo hoo, I'm miserable.... sniff sniff

I made fresh instal from backuped WOE (unpatched) and works good after newest patch:

fresh.jpg

the 2008 B verisons are replacements of the original beaver infested versions, a new install of the game sis required.

The b versions can't be installed over a game which is patched with the first version of the October 2008 patches.

you have only to reinstall the terrain files of the mod u used and the treemod that`S it, had the same prob after the patch!