Operation Desert Storm:

My F-16 package takes off.

twosairborne.jpg

The carnage begins. One enemy air base attacked.

runwaybombed.jpg

shock.jpg

shockandawe.jpg

Top Cover is watching:

topcover.jpg

Getting home is always cool:

gettinghome.jpg

:salute: :salute:

Ew Sundowner got an F-4 pregnant. You pervert! :lol:

The hurt over Afghanistan.

img00003.JPG

img00006.JPG

img00013.JPG

All is not what it seems......... :whistle:

post-841-1265495683943.jpg

post-841-12654957105325.jpg

what in gods name is that thing :dntknw:

looks like a shortened version of the one they experimented with on the super phantom test aircraft in 1984. The sparrows were mounted to the conformal tank sides much like the way the F-15 carries its sparrows. The conformal tank made the test aircrafts belly look some what similar to the F-3 demon. It was said to actually improve the f-4's aerodynamics while adding 1100 gallons of fuel.

Is it from the same pack I've got and I was just fooled by the lighting on the specific screen?

Its the same plane from the pack. Its just the lighting. Those in the SF2 section are the same, same skins, etc from the SF1 pack.

post-841-1265495683943.jpg

post-841-12654957105325.jpg

Well... Your loadout looks like if you were going to attack an enemy airbase. Did you put the Mehrzweckwaffe 1 on a phantom?

Greets, Uhu

Well... Your loadout looks like if you were going to attack an enemy airbase. Did you put the Mehrzweckwaffe 1 on a phantom?

Greets, Uhu

that relly doesn´t look like an MW-1.... :blink:

Too much jibba-jabba, not enough Mudhens!

Lovin' this new SF2 flock of Eagles.

Out on a test run at the range;

post-310-12655667854041.jpg

Nice background contrast, I thought;

post-310-1265566807576.jpg

And a close tracer round taking `em out on the ground;

post-310-12655668511638.jpg

Super Etendard (Modernisé) over Afghanistan. Due to some troubles on the "Charles de Gaule" aircraft carrier that forced the ship to go back in France, a few SEM were sent on Kandahar to maintain a French Navy presence in association with Mirage 2000D of the Armée de l'Air. For this occasion they were specially painted in light grey.

1265567977372.jpg

• Like 3

hmmmm damn I was trying to avoid upgrading to sf2 but I want the F-15SE....I think its time to upgrade anyway

Great shot fougamaster!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INDIAF-14ATOMCAT02.jpg

Grumman Tomcat F-14A of No.26 squadron 'The Warriors' Indian Air Force

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Great shots both Spinners and fougamagister! :good:

WOK(Wings Over Korea): Day 2, flying CAP looking for commies.

img00008.jpg

We didn't have to wait long. :rofl:

img00005-3.jpg

Flying CAP with HVARs? :blink::dntknw:

you'll never know when you will finde one of those flying near you

323354226_ab08f589a0.jpg

Commies, Commies...

INDIAF-14ATOMCAT05.jpg

Grumman F-14A Tomcats of No.26 Squadron 'The Warriors' Indian Air Force

I always do. I once read a book about a pilot in the Korean War who was in a desperate situation with a mig. He had run out of ammo but did have a quad of HVAR's on for a close support mission. He was flying for his life but managed to get around on to the tail of the mig just once, and decided to fire his rockets. None of them hit, but the mig pilot saw them flash past his aircraft and thought "what the hell(in Korean)" and bugged out. So now I always carry a quad of HVARS's on my caps. I don't make my wingman carry any, but I do coz I am in charge and what I say goes. :salute:

Dogzero1..........out.

I also really often take some rockets (HVAR, Zunis, the LAU 3/A pods...) on A2A missions... If you're running out of missiles or gun ammo or getting targets of opportunity, they come in really handy. I know that rockets are "not really useful" for A2A work, but for attacking some heavy Russian bombers with a tailgun or to scare off a MiG in a A-6, they're convenient. Or to destroy a Shilka in the egress way of your wingies, or to get some tanks when you have to fly a CAP over the CAS planes in WoE and already destroyed the adverse fighters...

I bet that Lieutenant Commander Theodore R. Swartz of VA-76 was glad that his A-4 was carrying some Zunis...

Greets, Uhu

I don't make my wingman carry any, but I do coz I am in charge and what I say goes. Salute.gif

Dogzero1..........out.

:lol:

Good idea, and I think I may for now on too. Good story.

I bet that Lieutenant Commander Theodore R. Swartz of VA-76 was glad that his A-4 was carrying some Zunis...

Greets, Uhu

Talk about a one in a million shot! For those that do not know:

On 1 May 1967, an A-4C Skyhawk piloted by Lieutenant Commander Theodore R. Swartz of VA-76 aboard the carrier USS Bon Homme Richard, shot down a North Vietnamese Air Force MiG-17 with an unguided Zuni rocket as the Skyhawk's only air-to-air victory of the Vietnam war.

Also:

In May 1970, an Israeli Skyhawk piloted by Col. Ezra Dotan shot down two MiG-17s, one with unguided rockets, the other with 30 mm canon fire over south Lebanon, even though the Skyhawk's heads up display has no "air to air mode".

I think I will carry rockets for now on.

Greets, Uhu

Yep.. 4 pods. Flak surpression mission.

He set one pod to single fire by own iniative. In his attack he fired 3 full pods in ripple mode and a single Zuni from the pod set to single fire.

All in a single attack run/firing . Thus he had 3 Zunis left.

He caught some bad words for that .. 'cause he was supposed to surpress AAA with ALL of his Zuni's .. and not going after MiG's

But Swartz was a fighter pilot ( F-8 community )

Good thing that he got the MiG with his 3rd and last Zuni ...

:skull: