Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

What do you think is missing from this sim?

Simple enough, what aircraft or helicopters do you think or missing from the sim. And who knows, if there is enough interest in a certain aircraft, Modders on this webiste may try to make it. Well thats if they have the spare time :biggrin:

Personally, i think the chinook and the E-3 sentry are missing. It would be cool to fly a recon over enemy territory in an E-3. Oh and also the Nimrod, Anti Ship on one of those would be ace!

The F-117 Nighthawk!I've been wanting some of those for a long time! :grandpa:

If they make it, Im going nuts! :crazy:

Scouserlad, I don't mean to depart from what you meant by this thread.. but with all due respect to TK, I feel that there is something majorly majorly missing or even wrong with all flight sims and it isn't the lack of aircraft, rather it is the completely unrepresentative way that we use them. Take a look at this link "Things that are sorely missing in all flight sims". The simple unpalatable fact of the matter is that dive bombing was an ineffective means of putting your crew in the biggest possible threat envelope for the longest amount of time. Some sort of fire control has been used in almost all aerial bombing since the Korean war to avoid putting aircrew in unnecessary WWII dive bombing scenarios.

Now how hard would it be to add into the flight engine a parameter that models dive toss bombing, your target passes the pipper, you pickle and pull up, the weapon releases at the point where it's calculated velocity vector intersects the target and for realism you add a probability of error of say 10%, you may not get as many bombs on target... but you would be doing it (wasting bombs) more like they were in reality.

Just think of the difference having a marker on the hud showing you where the enemy radar is emitting from would do, or flying at two and three thirds of the speed of sound at 60 thousand and pickling a stick of bombs from a MiG 25 BM.. They had a fire control system for that too in reality.

Again, sorry if I haven't replied in the spirit that you meant, but in another way I think maybe this is the larger lacunae out of any sim, not just thirdwire's and i'm not bashing TK in any way. Just sick of reading how it was done compared to how it's simmed.

E-3??? as far as i know it will be include in DS-Mod.

F-117? it is on Marcellos Project List.

The aircraft are fine, if anything there needs to be more action on the ground, and on the water.

The stock aircraft are sufficient, but they should all be flyable *on both sides*

but i guess maybe, the F-5 tiger for dog fighting and F 117 for late night solo stealth bombing would be awesome

The aircraft are fine, if anything there needs to be more action on the ground, and on the water.

The stock aircraft are sufficient, but they should all be flyable *on both sides*

but i guess maybe, the F-5 tiger for dog fighting and F 117 for late night solo stealth bombing would be awesome

Well, there is already an F-5 tiger out, i think anyway, and i did see a F-117 in development in a thread, but have no idea how that is going.

I'd like more on the MP side, but TK has apparently already nixed that idea.

I would love the ability to fly a campaign or single missions in MP instead of the modified quick-mission format with mandatory air starts and no-surprises 16 airplanes/4 types max scenarios.

I admit AG bombing is made harder than it should be by the lack of systems for it, but you can learn to get around it and just dumb bomb relatively well.

Well, there is already an F-5 tiger out, i think anyway, and i did see a F-117 in development in a thread, but have no idea how that is going.

Yeah i downloaded the F-5 tiger the day it came out, but i thought this discussion was more on what we'd like to see in the current/future game campaigns

I guess every thinkable plane and lots of terrains and campaigns and many more wonderfull things will turn up somewhere downn the road, due to the tireless work of all the modders. Fantastic job they did during the past years and they made this sim into something great.

But my very first sim, Airwarrior II , had a very nice litlle gadget: one could drive around in a jeep, a truck or even a T34/85 tank. That included the full use of the 85mm gun. Had a LOT of fun with it !! One could think of AA vehicles with guns and missiless too.

Since we have moving ground objects.......

Aju,

Derk :smile:

3D Viewport integrated MISSION EDITOR and terrain/target areas editor Lol

Realistic ground and sea operations/combat

More A2G, EO modes/FLIR

Full ejection and chute sequences

AWACSswitchablecrewpositionsmanningallgunsonbombersbombsightsrealswitchableMFDsLORANlabsDIANEnewterrainengineandsoon

Ok, I'm really happy with what we have now :smile:

I guess every thinkable plane and lots of terrains and campaigns and many more wonderfull things will turn up somewhere downn the road, due to the tireless work of all the modders. Fantastic job they did during the past years and they made this sim into something great.

But my very first sim, Airwarrior II , had a very nice litlle gadget: one could drive around in a jeep, a truck or even a T34/85 tank. That included the full use of the 85mm gun. Had a LOT of fun with it !! One could think of AA vehicles with guns and missiless too.

Since we have moving ground objects.......

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Yeah i know what you mean, ive got a game called aces high two, which is like a WW2 online game, no missions or anything, but yeah, when you play you can choose to be in either an aircraft, an AA gun, land vehicle and even a boat. And i can tell you now, sneaking up on the enemy in a sherman tank is ace. :biggrin:

LORAN, CA_Stary? So you can fly from TD to TD (Time Differential), and bomb yet another TD? :biggrin:

The LORAN "A" used back then had 50-meter accuracy (at best). By the mid-1980s, I was using LORAN "C", with 10-meter accuracy. OK for navigation on the water, but over land, even the LORAN C signals developed parallax errors, on the order of up to 10-microseconds.

Different planes or planes versions in squadrons (mean in one squadron in the same time) in campaign (I did not tried it on newest patch, but pre patch it was not possible).

And I am missing new hig detail Mil Mi-24 helicopter model. I know that we have one (OK, there are more models, but based on the same 3d source I think). I did not said that she is bad. I mean new model with current detail standards (and they are higher that previous standards).

Edited by kukulino

" What do you think is missing from this sim?"

free downloads of beer and women(or whatever your into)

XB-70, Bone, Lavi (the real one not the J-10),A-4N, Mirage 4000, SR71, Apollo 11 :biggrin: .

Campaign mission-planning editor,so each aircraft in your flight can be assigned their own waypoints.

Datalink, Standoff jamming (IE so it actually matters if there is an ECM A/C with you) better wingman interaction.

But I'm satisfied with everything there is now.

I'd like to see a little bit better navigation avionics, like using carots(sp?) in the heading ribbon on the hud of the aircraft to locate waypoints, or when you cycle through radar options, one option should be a moving map(GPS)with waypoints (a la nav mode in LOMAC) I dont really like those triangles floating around in space.

The other big(HUGE) miss is an ILS

CA_Stary hit the nail right on the head:

3D Viewport integrated MISSION EDITOR and terrain/target areas editor

THAT is the single, most important element missing from this series. How many of you remember that superb mission builder in Fighters Anthology? Where you could 'virtually' step right into the 3d world, and place an object exactly where you wanted it to be???

Everything, and I do mean everything else is a moot point; aircraft, ships, vehicles are USELESS without being able to locate them properly, and 'tell the story'; that's what I used to do with FA -how many of you remember all those Novel Conversions I've done? - and what the YAP guys are doing now.

Wrench

kevin stein

THAT is the single, most important element missing from this series. How many of you remember that superb mission builder in Fighters Anthology? Where you could 'virtually' step right into the 3d world, and place an object exactly where you wanted it to be???

Everything, and I do mean everything else is a moot point; aircraft, ships, vehicles are USELESS without being able to locate them properly, and 'tell the story'; that's what I used to do with FA -how many of you remember all those Novel Conversions I've done? - and what the YAP guys are doing now.

Wrench

kevin stein

I have no Idea how many really fun missions I created with that mission builder. It did have it's limits, but it was simple and easy to use and you could create complicated ops using it.

What I really think is missing in this game, is a more emersive and dynamic world. Everything right now feels a bit too staged - which I know what it pretty much has to be, but not to where it's very obvious/predictable.

Have you, guys, flown a mission in wich you REALLY need fighter support and all of you know what will be the answer from red crown, it would be nice that they can divert or even send fighter support when one really needs it.

Have you, guys, flown a mission in wich you REALLY need fighter support and all of you know what will be the answer from red crown, it would be nice that they can divert or even send fighter support when one really needs it.

I don't even know why the option to call for help is even given...

Wrench

kevin stein

Right on...

I don't even know why the option to call for help is even given...

I know a reason, for us to lose the faith icon2.gif