Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider883

Indian Air Force on high alert

India has deployed naval ships and put fighters on standby across the country as it waits for definitive Pakistani action to bring the terror brains to book.

Indian Air Force had fully armed its strike fighters as well as interceptor combat aircraft. The fighters are in scramble ready mode with pilots on standby in operation rooms. The state of readiness, referred to as Passive Air Defence in operational jargon, is the highest that the force has seen since Operation Parakram. The next phase — and the penultimate before a strike is ordered — will be the Active Air Defence.

While all squadrons along the western border are maintaining a high alert, Air Force assets in Bangalore and Chennai have also been put in flight-ready mode.

“The fighters are fully armed with various types of attack missiles. The southern stations will play an interceptive role in case of any intrusion from the Pakistani side,” sources said.

The Air Force is not allowing its personnel to avail leave. Leave granted to personnel handling crucial operations has been cancelled. Top sources also told Express that several batteries of surface to- air missiles have been moved to forward areas from the Gwalior base.

“They are not offensive weapons. The deployment is part of a standard drill aimed at insulating air stations that are in operational readiness,” sources said.

In a related development, the Indian Navy has deployed 18 ships capable of playing combat roles in the western theatre.

Though the deployment is under the guise of a stricter scrutiny of vessel movement, sources said the strength is far greater than that needed for such an operation. “Eighteen ships in an area can be effectively used to slap a sea-denial on Pakistan in case of any escalation of the situation. During the height of the Kargil war, the Navy adopted the same strategy to transmit a clear message. It is a repeat, minus the Army movement, of operation Parakram,” sources said.

Operation Parakram, launched immediately after the Parliament attack, saw massive troop mobilisation from all over the country on the western border. The tension prevailed for a couple of months before it fizzled out due to American pressure. But this time there is not much mobilisation of ground forces as the bid is to project power through sophisticated weaponry like BrahMos rather than rev up battalions along the border.

Since I live very near to the coastline, I have seen an increased number of fighter sorties, mainly Fulcrums & the maritime strike Jaguars.

Wow - lets hope its just a move to get Pakistan going after the Terrorists!

Since I live very near to the coastline, I have seen an increased number of fighter sorties, mainly Fulcrums & the maritime strike Jaguars.

If you are gonna start a war, wait until i get my reporter license so i can cover it.

Seriously, you should get some quirurgical when in response of the bad guys

If you are gonna start a war, wait until i get my reporter license so i can cover it.

Seriously, you should get some quirurgical when in response of the bad guys

Both sides have nukes. Still want to cover that war?

*not that any war is a joy to cover ofcourse lol

Both sides have nukes. Still want to cover that war?

That´s why there won´t be any war to cover

I believe that in case of war no one will use nukes

Pakistan, India row over 'violation' by fighter jets

ISLAMABAD (AFP) — Pakistan accused India's air force of violating its airspace, drawing a swift denial from New Delhi, as Britain's visiting prime minister sought to defuse tensions on Sunday.

Pakistan's statement that Indian jets made an "inadvertent" intrusion threatened to further harm ties between the nuclear-armed South Asian states, whose relations have plummeted in the wake of the Mumbai attacks.

"There has not been any airspace violation as has been alleged," Wing Commander Mahesh Upasani, spokesman for the Indian Air Force, told AFP.

The row broke out as British leader Gordon Brown , who will visit Pakistan later, held talks with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on regional security after the assault on Mumbai.

Relations between India and Pakistan have deteriorated in the wake of the devastating siege on India's financial capital, which New Delhi has blamed on "elements" in Pakistan.

Pakistan's air force said Indian jets had Saturday flown over the Pakistani-administered part of Kashmir and the eastern city of Lahore, both places where the militant group India blames over the attacks is active.

The government said it had confirmed the incident with India.

"We contacted the Indian air force and they said the violation was inadvertent. We don't want to escalate the situation," Information Minister Sherry Rehman said.

A total of 172 people died when gunmen ran riot in India's financial capital last month, leading to a 60-hour siege in which hundreds of others of terrified locals and tourists were caught up.

India this week called Pakistan the "epicentre" of terrorism and demanded it do more to crack down on militant groups on its soil, but ruled out military action.

Pakistan has arrested key leaders of Lashkar-e-Taiba, the group India accuses, and shut down a charity accused of being a front for the organisation, freezing its assets and detaining dozens of members.

But it says it will not hand over any suspects to India, which it says has not yet provided any evidence implicating Pakistanis in the attacks.

Pakistan's air force said Indian planes entered Pakistani airspace in two different locations daytime Saturday and were repelled by its air defence system.

"Indian aircraft entered into Pakistan's airspace... at two different sectors and were swiftly responded by the efficient Pakistan air defence system, forcing them to return to their own territory," said spokesman Air Commodore Humyun Viqar in a statement.

India and Pakistan have fought three wars since independence from Britain, and Brown's visit is part of a concerted international effort to ease the pressure between the two nations.

Brown met with India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh early Sunday and will travel to Pakistan later in the day for talks with President Asif Ali Zardari, an AFP correspondent travelling with him said.

one of the objectives of the terrorist b@$t@rd$ who carried out that butchery was to incite a war between India and Pakistan - triggering an environment of chaos that they will thrive in.

Let us all hope they do not succeed in suckering our two friends into a war that neither wants and both will suffer from.

and yes - two countries with nukes can most certainly go to war - the possession of nukes merely puts a check on how far the defeated will accept reverses on the field and how far a prudent victor will push it.

I honestly hope that Pakistan will finally do something about the Terrorists who are using that country as a haven. What happened was horrible and for it to lead both countrys into war would just accomplish what the Terrorists want. I don't blame the government of Pakistan for the attacks, but by doing so little to stop the Terrorists they are inviting more attacks like this.

I know they don't have the resources to track them all down, but how long has it been since we have seen them do anything at all to stop these groups? I have been lucky enough to know people from both nations and they were good and honorable people. I know you can't judge them all by the few i have met, but i don't consider either nation as evil. It just amazes me that Pakistan allows these monsters to operate within there country.

I know these people don't get along well with each other and there are many issues that threaten the peace between them, but i hope they find a way to place the blame on the Terrorists and actually do something about it. Maybe a common enemy might help them realize that the true threat is coming from these terrorists who will stop at nothing to create chaos in the world and the two nations can work together in some way to stop these killers.

I know alot of this is wishful thinking, but hopefully Pakistan will become angry enough about being used like this to at least push these groups out into the open where they can be dealt with.

I urge you people to read about the events that preceded the 1947, 65

,71 & 99 wars. One can easily draw parallels to events from those wars. History is witness to the fact that the indian armed

forces have acted in self-defence in all the wars. The IAF does not

want a repeat of the supposed "israel like pre-emptive strikes" on

indian airfields by our adversary. That they failed miserably in the

previous wars is another matter. This time, their allies are not with

them. Besides, india has an openly declared non-first use of nukes

policy.

As for pakistan doing more against terrorism, i consider it no longer

appropriate to comment on this forum. Eventhough the whole world knows

how sincerely that country is acting against terror!!!!

Ghostrider hope to see the situation controls itself, nut in any case I'm with India now and forever

I'll cross my fingers that they won't go to war. We don't need more wars we have/has had too many wars already.

anyway....i don't wany any radioactive Clowd flying over my city :fuk:

anyone want to start a pool on how long before this thread gets banned?

24 hours :biggrin:

24 hours :biggrin:

Ghostrider, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your countrymen as well as with the Pakistani people. Leaders start wars, not people trying to earn a living. My hopes are that cooler heads prevail, because a nuclear cloud is not discerning as to who it envelops. Wars need to be fought on the CA site, not for real.

Ghostrider, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and your countrymen as well as with the Pakistani people. Leaders start wars, not people trying to earn a living. My hopes are that cooler heads prevail, because a nuclear cloud is not discerning as to who it envelops. Wars need to be fought on the CA site, not for real.

Not at CA but in TW titles :good:

All good for you and i hope nobody do a unknow shot.

US : Indian's air force 'on alert' after Mumbai attacks

India's air force geared up for possible missions against suspected terrorist camps in Pakistan in the immediate aftermath of November's Mumbai attacks, U.S. military officials told CNN Monday.

Three Pentagon officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, have individually confirmed to CNN that the United States has information indicating that India began to prepare air force personnel for a possible mission.

The officials offered few details, but one said India's air force "went on alert."

A second official said the United States concluded these preliminary preparations would put India in a position to move swiftly against suspected terrorist camps and targets inside Pakistan, before adding that a number of senior U.S. officials urged India to exercise restraint during this time.

CNN sister network CNN-IBN reported last week that the air force had been put on its highest level of readiness and that the aircraft had been armed.

"We are certainly against terrorism, but that doesn't mean that we go at war with any country," Indian Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major told CNN-IBN Thursday, adding that any decision on military action would be "up to the government because the air force and the army are there only to carry out the will of the government."

The question how many innocent Indians must die and how many times our country must be attacked before some sort of concrete action is taken against the terrorists? None of my countrymen have forgotten attacks on India's parliament, Jaipur, Delhi bombings and the Mumbai train bombings, all of which had.................

I mean look at Israel for an example or look at what President Bush did with Musharaff after 9/11 -"either you are with us or against us. if you are against us, prepare to face the consequences".

Events in the past couple of days haven't helped things either.

Sparko,

You think its a joke? Its easy to sit in your home and say what you want and place bets. But what if your country faced continuous attacks of these sorts from a neighbour and what if you had concrete evidence of of your neighbour's involvement just because they don't like the way you live?

Edited by ghostrider883

I see India and Pakistan are at loggerheads again.

Edited by Longestpants

humm

but if India Strike inside Pakistain territory without permission.... it's a soberany Violation and it's very clear since it happen this side of the world 10 month ago...that is a terrible diplomatic incident that may cause conventional war between 2 natons.... when it happen here Chavez and he's girls movment the troops to the border for an quick Military action if it's necessary....

humm

but if India Strike inside Pakistain territory without permission.... it's a soberany Violation and it's very clear since it happen this side of the world 10 month ago...that is a terrible diplomatic incident that may cause conventional war between 2 natons.... when it happen here Chavez and he's girls movment the troops to the border for an quick Military action if it's necessary....

If both countries collaborated, there wouldn´t be any trouble: paks would go after ´em and they wouldn´t have as much bombings as

now. But if i were Inds,and paks did nothing, mirage 2000D would get the job done, and i´m just arrived from my International Law Lesson!!. It seems to be covered by the doctrine "Caroline", allthought that is discussed hard:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Caroline

The problem is Pakistan isn't really that different from Afghanistan. The idea of everyone within its borders being united is totally alien to them. The tribal mentality is far too strong. That makes it hard for a central gov't to do anything when you risk 1/3 of the country rebelling every time you try and take a stand on something. So instead they just sit there and do little while making bold pronouncements.

I never thought Pakistan a serious ally anyway. They simply figured it was easier to go along with us than not to, they never truly believed that eliminating the terrorists was the right thing to do. "Well, we don't want to get bombed, so we'll sort of go along with their idea."

Honestly, I don't see why we don't push them harder to do things. If the gov't should fall, well, it can hardly become any worse there, can it? It's already the top central location for terrorist training, it can't go anywhere but down on that list.

Some of the post on this topic, really get me worried. Are we people so stupid???? Do you really think that a war will fix India's problem? Israel has been bombing and fightin with palestina allmost half a century and what they got? Absolutley nothing but a pile of deaths....both sides.

This is serius sh..t!!!! To many people have their mind wasted by videogames. You can't get up on a mirage and erase 2000 pakis from the face of the earth. Thast wrong no mather your reasons...

The only winners ta war are the defence contractors all over the world...

I hope that everyone cools down and begin to think a little instead playing with their guns...

Real life is not a fu...ing game, people die for real, you cant insert another coin and continue playing...

PD: Im sorry for my english

Good luck