Sign in to follow this  
Stary

Seasoned WOE: Autumn edition

Seasoned WOE: Autumn edition

This package includes all the files necessary to transforn default summer GermanyCE terrain into fall one.

Incuded are all tiles repainted, new tod files and objects graphics.

Part of this package is brand new version 2.0 of "Forests and Farms" mod, with added cities and scaled down trees. Also new variables reduce the pop-ups of trees.

It's part of a bigger project called "Seasoned WOE", after finishing all four seasons I'll release data files and instructions needed to create true four-seasons Germany terrain.

Damn would be nice to have that terrain... but you planning on doing that for the Black Sea map?

Damn would be nice to have that terrain... but you planning on doing that for the Black Sea map?

Eric,

Should work without problems. I wrote in the readme.

Install normally as in readme, and then rename GermanyCE_data.ini to BlackSea_data.ini (of course back up the Black Sea data first!)

Thanks you very much! :fans:

Brady

awsome job man!

there was once a snsus a while back about what the sim lacked the most and pretry much everyone said the sim was lacking a good terain. Your tree mods deffinatley raised the bar. Thanks alot man

Very nice! Adds a lot of immersion now... the terrain actually looks real :)

Kinda large problem with the runway... not a good place for a tree to thrive :wink:

treerunway.jpg

treeairbase.jpg

Seems like your airbase texture .TODs might need repositioning :)

EDIT- this is with your 2x trees if that helps any.

Edited by jtin

"Seasoned with salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika"

been wanting to say that since the project started! :wink:

Great work!

Wrench

kevin stein

Very nice! Adds a lot of immersion now... the terrain actually looks real :)

Kinda large problem with the runway... not a good place for a tree to thrive :wink:

Seems like your airbase texture .TODs might need repositioning :)

EDIT- this is with your 2x trees if that helps any.

Delete GermanyR1.tod and GermanyR2.tod, these are not needed, and are included only in 2x trees version.

Cool it's a fantastic mod! Thanks.

Jtin, can you destroy with the warthog's Gau8 that trees? it's a solution to the problem XD

By & Thx

Fred

Hey CA,

I seem to have an issue with the trees showing up through clouds. I didn't have this problem with Forest and Farms or Green Hell. I tried changing some parameters to make the new alpha object data section match the old, and it made no difference:

img00001-5.jpg

img00002-4.jpg

Anyone else had this problem? Any idea what's causing it, CA?

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

*edit* - switching to "super blending" data.ini corrected the issue...

Edited by malibu43

*edit* - switching to "super blending" data.ini corrected the issue...

That old alphaobject rendering bug. "Superblending" or "sharp" settings solves it as you know already, but causes other side effects: white outlines in "super blending" or shimmering, solid tree look using "sharp" settings.

Allways a compromise. I think TK never considered the posibility of using the alphaobjects in such variety and complexity :wink:

I expected to see an autumnized version of the stock terrain, but WOW! terrain that actually looks alive, with cities, settlements, and trees that don't seem to be placed in a totally haphazard fashion :good::ok::clapping: 15 out of 10 possible points :yes:

My only beef with the Germany terrain now is that the Autobahn still doesn't look like the real thing. I suppose there's a limit to the detail imposed by the size of the tiles, though, right?

Is this normal or I am doing something wrong?

Those very extended featureless spaces are normal or I am doing something wrong? I noticed them in the standard tiles for WOE, and not in the brain 32 set

gallery_8037_43_67995.jpg

And this is the "map" screenshot

gallery_8037_43_269987.jpg

Actually they are normal, they come with stock tiles too. When I was making my set I didn't like it so I created featureless(no vegetation or houses) farm tiles.

Anyway I just tried this mod and as usual it's top notch, I wish we arranged something for the tiles though, but this is still exceptional :notworthy:

Edited by Brain32

Actually they are normal, they come with stock tiles too. When I was making my set I didn't like it so I created featureless(no vegetation or houses) farm tiles.

Anyway I just tried this mod and as usual it's top notch, I wish we arranged something for the tiles though, but this is still exceptional :notworthy:

ahem brain,,in your tiles there are NO featureless areas that I noticed..

As Brain says they are stock. His version has slightly retiled TFD file included. NO I don't plan to do seasoned version for Brain's tiles. At least not now, not in near future, sorry.

@Canadair, Brain32:

Hmm, seems I'll have to do alternative GermanyR1, GermanyR2 (and transitions) tiles with "empty" fields like Brain did for one to choose. Now finishing winter version.

@Royohboy:

How exactly would you like them to be? I know these are way to 1) narrow and 2) featureless for German autobahns.

@Canadair, Brain32:

Hmm, seems I'll have to do alternative GermanyR1, GermanyR2 (and transitions) tiles with "empty" fields like Brain did for one to choose. Now finishing winter version.

@Royohboy:

How exactly would you like them to be? I know these are way to 1) narrow and 2) featureless for German autobahns.

Now I understand why I did not like WOE stock. Those featureless spaces look to me,, very "weird"; do I understand well CA, are you making alternative R1 and R2 full of features? I am confused.. I have a brain32 with forest and farms terrains(great! and no featureless areas) and a Max188 with forest and farms (great! and no featuress spaces)

Are you sure Max188's comes without it? As far as I understood he just enlarged and adjusted the default set...

Are you sure Max188's comes without it? As far as I understood he just enlarged and adjusted the default set...

You're right Brain, Max188's version has large grass areas like the default WOE version, on which my autumn repaint is based.

Frankly i like those empty spaces... :wink:

Those two pretty much sum it up, and they should be grey instead of brown. I think the two defining features about autobahns, especially when seen from above, are the strip of greenery in the middle, and the markings seperating the individual lanes (and the breakdown lane to the right). BTW, most German highways featured two lanes + breakdown lane in each direction until the about the 1990s, when three lanes started to become very common. Here are two photos I found on the web which should give a bit of a clue about what I'm after:

http://www.vohwinkel.net/pics/ortsteile/da...47-autobahn.jpg

http://www.welt.de/multimedia/archive/0059...tsc_597839g.jpg

http://www.schulbilder.org/phpThumb/cache/...1189087166.jpeg

The lane-markings would pretty much make up for the lack of features, I think.

Highway airstrips would usually consist of a straight stretch of highway without any bridges crossing, and with the greenery-strip in the middle replaced by a removeable metal fence of sorts.