Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-111A Version 2.3

F-111A Version 2.3

F-111A Version 2.3 By FastCargo

Skin by Jat81500

Decals, Hangar Screen by USAFMTL (also Ant)

Original model by Paco and Wpnssgt

Original FM by Column5

Sounds by the Mirage Factory

Avionics by MJ.

Pit by NormanKnight

28 Jan 09

Avionics upgrade and ini fixes.

Read the readme!!!!!!

25 Jan 09 Update

Added resized tank texture.

New drop tanks data. Thanks MJ.

Added Chaff and Flares stations.

26 Jan 09 Update (Version 2.2)

OpenCockpit modification added...you will now see your EWO in the cockpit with you! (Requires Oct 08 patch or later)

Body position lights reintroduced, updated with correct lighting rules (no flash) and colors (red is right).

Nose wheel steering works.

Airbrake will not deploy with weight on wheels.

Non-decal exported LOD included (F-111A.LOD) as an option if you have problems with frame rates (slower computers).

Gunsight glass built into model.

I'm grounded until lunchtime but would just like to thank everyone on the F-111A 'upgrade' team - it's great to have this as a complete package and I can't wait to fly this in the new WOV.

Chapeau!

Excellent work my friends! Excellent! :good::clapping:

ECM and Gun loaded fine before we released it. So what are you doing? Picking it part?

If you make those modifications, you will start getting weirdness on single missions (having a gun and having a full bombbay)...which wasn't the case (the gun took up a lot of space in the bay).

You shouldn't have to make those modifications.

FC

Because Editor I said not to use that weps pack!

From the read me.

If you don't have a weapons pack, use the one listed below, delete the old F-111 drop tanks folder and replace with the folder in this download.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7791

Dang nab it guys, you should of given me a heads up, I would of called out sick! Gotta wait 5 hours now....

downloaded at work (don't tell the boss) looks damn fine! Got the tanks to show up (sometimes I am .ini challenged) great work team. The old man had some buds that got to fly the -111 in anger. It can NOT be a good thing to be at the receiving end of whatever this bird might hurl on ya......

I for one am very grateful for the work you've done: this is an excellent addition, and a perfect compliment to the previous release. BZ gents...

SB

thanks for this fine work :good: and now i have new gunfighter :biggrin: excellent

did the f-111a use this gun-pods or was that something they could use and never did ???

Is there a better aircraft for taking out runways?

And those Dhimaris in the evil Comm building had better look out too :wink:

Adding it to SFG now. Can't wait to fly this girl. I think a new unit may be heading to Dhimar to help stop the Parani threat.

Adding it to SFG now. Can't wait to fly this girl. I think a new unit may be heading to Dhimar to help stop the Parani threat.
My thoughts as well! a dedicated strike wing oh yes! :good:

Took her for a bomb run. Everything runs fine.

Can't wait for the others.

Edited by kct

Just reading the readme and following the instructions :good:

I will say that flying this plane made me think of Red Storm Rising though...

post-5735-1232902575_thumb.jpg

You all want some fun?

Load up with M-111R's or Snakes, take it in at 700ft, 650 to 700 kts and when the reticule gets over your target, pickle off the bombs. You will never miss your target.

Hey folks,

We all are glad that you're enjoying the updated F-111A. The readme mentions it, but I want to reemphasize it here. If you have old versions of the F-111, the weapondata.ini entries included in the update are meant to overwrite the entries you already have. If you have duplicates within your weapondata.ini, it could cause unexpected problems. Please scour your weapondata.ini first before you add in the F-111 entries.

And a personal note. The modders like contributing to the community, we don't want undying adulation for just anything we put out there (that would be kind of creepy). Errors will creep in...you can only look at something so much before you start missing stuff. However, please be careful and give us a chance to respond and narrow down any issues you might be having before starting to post fixes. The restrictions that were put in place on the model may have been done for a specific reason...and any fixes posted may actually break something else if the problem was unique to your install.

Please enjoy the updated F-111A...think of it as a taste of what you'll see for the others coming down the line and in the DS mod...

FC

Hey here is a resized drop tank BMP. I forgot to resize it from 2048x2048...its 512x512 now. Sorry.

Hey here is a resized drop tank BMP. I forgot to resize it from 2048x2048...its 512x512 now. Sorry.

That's it! This download sucks! :lol: :lol:

From an ex-Aardvark armorer, many thanks.

As to the internal gun, it was tested at the 431st Test and Evaluation Squadron in the bay of the "D." We were getting things tweaked to test the "E," "F," and even

had an "A" AMP jet to test, but then the Pave Tack program came along, and the gun just wasn't really as groovy as some had envisioned.

I am sure that if the F-111's were used again in a protracted war at the time, all would have had the option. Operation El Daredo Canyon was anything but protracted.

Downloading as soon as I hit the reply button. Many thanks gentlemen...

:good:

It's all good Dave, first Cold War Era bomb truck I love to fly :good: Had a good time until I got shredded by Shilkas (my fault for running in but I'll be allright)