Sign in to follow this  
Anthony W.

Legalizing Pot for Money?!? What Has Happened to America?!?

The last time I drank whiskey, it was my moniker, with USAF fighter pilots. Never again...

Well the last time I drank whiskey it was with a couple former B-1 pilots.....man that was some couple days. :biggrin:

Drug of choice for me is gin and vermouth, 5:1 (read one shot gin to 1/5 shot vermouth, increase factors by two for double, etc.) ratio approximately, usually with a "Texas Martini Olive" (bigass olive with a jalepeno stuffed in it) or 2.

Edited by Caesar

As a military cop, I will say this. I have seen more harm done to people who are intoxicated from alcohol. Even one glass of beer can get a person buzzed, and being buzzed is being drunk. And you can easily over dose on alcohol. Very rarely have I ever encountered a situation where someone has gotten seriously injured due to the involvement of marijuana. Now what I don't know is how quickly one can get buzzed from marijuana, and how much it affects there perception and reasoing skills. But from what I've seen, it's danger level is lower than that of alcohol because you can not over dose on it. So havig the consumption of alcohol being legal, but the use of mairjuana illegal doesn't make much sense to me, which is why most cops don't really give a rat's ass about it. Infact, most cops (not me - that stuff stinks!) have done some weed prior to being a cop (and sometimes with a few while they have been in the department). Now, if marijuana has been legalized, it will do three things. One, it will put a massive dent to the illegal underground marijuana manufaturers that have ties to crimianl organizations. By legalizing marijuana, you will effectively shut down cirmianl organization's (such as the Mexican Mafia and white supremacy groups) main source of revenue. Without a main source of revenue, the more difficult it is for them to carry out their violent operations. Also, with the use of marijuana no longer being illegal, it will allow law-enforcement agencies to redirect their attention to more serious crimes, and allowing quicker responses to much more serious calls. Second, it will increase the number of jobs in a crippled economy. With the way things are going right now, jobs are very few and hard to come by. With the legalization of marijuana, this would open doors to employments at a wide range, and considering how addicts are, I don't think there would be any concern of a slow market. Third, it may possibly reduce the usage of other narcotics that DO have a history in which people have gotten seriously hurt and killed. If drug-A is easier to get becaue it has been legalized and more affordable than drug-B, then which one do you think the addict would go to?

Now as a Christian, I am opposed to the abuse of any substance whether it being drug or non drug related. The good book does teach against the use of anything that facilitates an altered perception of reality. Infact, it discusses this as away of stepping into demonic possesion. However, I do have a realistic perception on the world, and that not everybody is a Christain nor do they share and accept Christain ideals. So I'm not going to force my faith down somebody elses's throat and say, "hey tough, I dont' care what your feelings are on it because my faith comes first before you." My faith does come first before a lot of things, but I don't think that shoving it in everybody else's life is the correct way of going about it. God gave us choices for a reason. Heck, he allowed the two morons that he first created a choice between two trees - one bad, one good. He didn't keep them from using the bad one, but did proclaim a consequence if they decide to go ahead and eat from it. Legalizing marijuana is allowing a choice for people to make. If there is a way to help reduce violent crimes, keep people from ODing, stop drunk driving, and make it difficult for gangs and mafias to do what they do best, I'm all for it. In this world, you sometimes are left with chosing the lesser of the two evils. Legalizing marijuana is unfortuantely the lesser of the two evils. I also think the concept of it being such a bad thing really has to do with state and federal fear based propaganda exagerating how bad it is when it really isn't compared to other things that have been legalized (alcohol). I would never smoke, as I said that I think it stinks, and I don't like having my perception of reality being altered. Yes, life sucks... deal with it, but deal with it like a man.

And the biker gangs that sell weed would just go ahead and sell more illegal guns and more meth and other drugs. So in reality, legalizing it wouldnt make that much of a difference with organized crime.

Well the last time I drank whiskey it was with a couple former B-1 pilots.....man that was some couple days. :biggrin:

I just FED-EXed my passport to the Russian Consulate, if my visa is approved, the 9th of May is probably going to be a rough one, or maybe more the 10th of May.

I envy you all... So many of you have done things I've only dreampt about... Hangin with fighter and bomber pilots, leaving the continent... Wow... Only in my dreams so far... Well, I did get to hang out just a bit with Jim Kasler at a local air show. I got him to sign my copy of his book "Tempered Steel"... And got to hang with a Goshawk pilot at an air show. That and a few PBY pilots at the same air show... Well, actually, it isn't that hard to meet pilots. But all the rest I haven't done... And I envy you for your experience.

And the biker gangs that sell weed would just go ahead and sell more illegal guns and more meth and other drugs. So in reality, legalizing it wouldnt make that much of a difference with organized crime.

You never know. It could have an impact, and believe it would.

Since the thread has been hijacked, deturpated and gone nonsense.....

my brotherhood is called: "Brothers in vodka" specially the swedish one , we're happy and we never gonne to the hospital, get coma or something like that.

the major problem with people is: don't know when to stop, i've lost the count of how many times i've took friends and know people throwing up the alcool and everything else that was in stomach in my car's seats .

when you're having fun enought is the time to stop, after that you'll behave like an crazy monkey , vomit, or get coma stay on the edge or gonna be owned.

Edited by Silverbolt

I envy you all... So many of you have done things I've only dreampt about... Hangin with fighter and bomber pilots, leaving the continent... Wow... Only in my dreams so far... Well, I did get to hang out just a bit with Jim Kasler at a local air show. I got him to sign my copy of his book "Tempered Steel"... And got to hang with a Goshawk pilot at an air show. That and a few PBY pilots at the same air show... Well, actually, it isn't that hard to meet pilots. But all the rest I haven't done... And I envy you for your experience.

I got to hang out with the Blue Angels.

Well, give it some time, you are pretty young. Some of us have careers where these things happen often.

I think a big reason for the still standing ban is the scar left on the world from the 70's. Atleast, imo it's a scare

What scar? Think of all the music we wouldn't have had without pot in the 70's, imagine there being no Dark Side of the Moon!...well then again there was that whole disco thing :biggrin:

I wouldn't particularly care whether they did or didn't legalize it, but I'm extremely surprised the thread has managed to stay open for 3 pages!

Actually, scratch that, they should legalize it. That way musicians would begin to have talent again....there's a reason we haven't seen talent of the caliber of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd in 30 years :tongue:

Seems to me I vaguely remember that weekend....

:biggrin:

FC

Some of us have careers where these things happen often.

Indeed, It also helps if your father was a military man too...

Instead of spending million's of the tax payer's money trying to fight it,all of the states should follow in California's footsteps and legalize it.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I remember when I was in school I wrote a document portraying the advantages of it being the State itself to allow to produce marijuana and selling it in a controlled fashion. It would give the agriculture a boost (giving them an alternative objective not regulated by the european agricultural plans), lower crime through sheer price competition (through mass legalized production) and create jobs and tax money to be invested on better things. Of course, my country being Portugal and not Holland (where both sale and production are permitted), I don't think it will work, but not due to retrograde catholicism but rather because of corruption - since this country's security is laughable since it's an admitted entry point for drug distribution into all of Europe. The police here actually do seize large amounts of drugs, but it's known that those stocks aren't all destroyed. Some amounts do... "vanish" from their storage places, if you catch my drift, and they make a nice profit from it, I guess... I'm not a cop myself but I do know people that have cops in their families. I mean, there's always the excuse that drugs would be needed for covert operations, but there are no strict records of the amounts...

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

I don't mind if people want to drink or smoke in their own homes. Just keep them 1) off the roads and 2) away from me. I loathe people that are drunk or high. Their behavior is so disgusting...

I could hit them in the head with a hammer and cause equivalent brain damage so they'd ALWAYS feel that way and it wouldn't cost them a thing or fund any criminal activities. For some reason, they never want that...

Frankly, I don't understand the desire for either and I never will. It is perfectly easy to enjoy yourself without either.

I don't mind if people want to drink or smoke in their own homes. Just keep them 1) off the roads and 2) away from me. I loathe people that are drunk or high. Their behavior is so disgusting...

I could hit them in the head with a hammer and cause equivalent brain damage so they'd ALWAYS feel that way and it wouldn't cost them a thing or fund any criminal activities. For some reason, they never want that...

Frankly, I don't understand the desire for either and I never will. It is perfectly easy to enjoy yourself without either.

So I take you wont be coming for the CA get together in Sept? We did a little drinking with a lot of BBQing.

I remember when I was in school I wrote a document portraying the advantages of it being the State itself to allow to produce marijuana and selling it in a controlled fashion. It would give the agriculture a boost (giving them an alternative objective not regulated by the european agricultural plans), lower crime through sheer price competition (through mass legalized production) and create jobs and tax money to be invested on better things. Of course, my country being Portugal and not Holland (where both sale and production are permitted), I don't think it will work, but not due to retrograde catholicism but rather because of corruption - since this country's security is laughable since it's an admitted entry point for drug distribution into all of Europe. The police here actually do seize large amounts of drugs, but it's known that those stocks aren't all destroyed. Some amounts do... "vanish" from their storage places, if you catch my drift, and they make a nice profit from it, I guess... I'm not a cop myself but I do know people that have cops in their families. I mean, there's always the excuse that drugs would be needed for covert operations, but there are no strict records of the amounts...

That's not true. The sale is allowed, although forbidden by law. Production is still forbidden except for medicinal use AFAIK. So coffeeshops have to get their marijuana from criminals. It's a weird situation.

Actually, the typical drunken behavior is all socially and psychologically caused. They did a study giving non-alcoholic beer to people who thought they were having alcohol, and they acted like drunken idiots without a drop of booze in their system. I can vouch for that personally, as I don't act any differently drunk, except laugh a little more. And high people are hilarious to watch, if you can ignore the smell...the smell of plain tobacco makes me want to vomit, weed just smells like those two mixed.

Driving while high is actually more dangerous than drunk, and the effects last much longer. Legal pot would make it safer to use, since it would be controlled and pure...now, you never know what is getting laced into it.

Well I can speak for a few of us here, we have simmed and drank.....

Okay, time for the comment from the high school student. Now of course, I hear about "deals" that are going down (I saw one happen in my math class), I smell the cigarette smoke from morons who hopelessly try to smoke in the bathroom stalls, and I hear people talk about how they got s**tfaced at a party and nearly got laid.

I'll start off with my own personal thoughts. I have not, and will not smoke pot or do any other illegal substance. Never done tobacco, and the only alchohol I ever had was champaigne, which was nasty. I don't see a point in it, and would not do it becuase I would be setting a bad example to my cadets at Civil Air Patrol. Also, it smells. I think the rest of my thoughts are like Jedi Master's on this.

Now, pot has led to some nasty stuff at school: Violence. Last year a kid was beaten by almost 10 people with lead pipes, over something to do with a "deal". And mind you, this isn't some gang ridden area.

Though for interest. We all know about second hand smoke and now third hand smoke. But is there second hand high or third hand high?

There are two things you should never do drunk:

1. Drive

2. Try and play your guitar. Especially if friends are around. Seriously, just don't do it.

Legalization of drugs is supposed to have some advantages: first of all, the

money flow to the State, by taxes or by dealing. Other would be that drugs would

be of a better quality, controlled by health departments. It would screw up with

dealers, and given that most of robbery and a lot of violent crimes are related to drugs are

claimed to be solved this way,this solution has been proposed frequently.

I´m not such optimistic. As Verve said "Drugs don´t work"

Well I can speak for a few of us here, we have simmed and drank.....

Yeah, I've been under the influence playing this sim. My aim with dumb sticks improved, but damn if I'd land like Roger Ramjet... :dntknw:

There are two things you should never do drunk:

1. Drive

2. Try and play your guitar. Especially if friends are around. Seriously, just don't do it.

Every high school has its scum population no matter what, the drugs are irrelevant.

1. I can agree

2. Hell No! The best guitar players have all been stoned while writing and playing. That's one social effect statistics can't measure.

I remember either John Lennon or Paul McCartney stated the Beatles NEVER played while high because "you'll sound like crap." They would write the initial passes of songs while high, then polish them up and play them later when straight again.

In other words, it was great for the initial ideas, but you can't be "professional" when high which is what a good song requires for polishing up.

As for the CA get together, I won't be going anywhere until my daughter is at least a couple of years old! She's not ready for travel and the wife won't accept me going off by myself while she has to stay home with her.

I've been around people who drink many times, I just don't like it when they get drunk. :wink:

Indeed, It also helps if your father was a military man too...

Probly would. My dad would've signed up for Air Force ROTC, but then he got some girl pregnant and couldn't. In a way I'm glad he didn't sign up. It was during the Vietnam war, and who knows what would've happened had he joined.