Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Volunteers needed for DiD campaign.

Strange how unwilling you krumpets are to fly your excellent DH2's and Nupes and whatnots - we'd welcome you with open arms and twin Spandaus. grin.gif

We've got a cracking bunch of fellows in our squadron and we'll be coming at you day and night, night and day. Well you get the picture.. grin.gif

Edited by Ras

Hmm - I had thought, personal skins should come only after being an ace / having 5 kills?

On the other hand, they do look nice...

Sorry Olham i must of missed that rule,it makes sence though, my ground crew are pushing her back to the hanger as i speak.... Salute.gif

Guest British_eh

An excellent choice RAF. My second favorite aircraft. Tally HO!

British_eh

Back to the idea of us flying the Tripe. If we do, we could make use of the new skin I did for it a while back at the request of Ras.

post-45680-1254055661993.jpg

Cheers!

Lou

Guest British_eh

[quote name='Stiffy' date='28 October 2009 -

TrackIR = 1 months food. Not a hard choice for me lol

I say olde boy, my dear wife, who thinks of everything is going to be presenting me with TIR 5. I will have TIR 4 available, for a very good offer. Email me at my new address whilst I am in the far North of BC, @ rs_earnshaw@yahoo.com. You will have to wait ( survive) until I return to my residence, ( alas not till Nov 17), but I'm sure you'll survive till then,LOL.

Regards,

British_eh

Ras: We've got a cracking bunch of fellows in our squadron and we'll be coming at you day and night, night and day.

Uuuuuhhhh!!!! Now I'm frightened!

Well, you'll have to do so, day and night (when we prefer to feast or sleep), to perhaps have a slight chance. :grin:

Red-Dog, I wouldn't mind any personal signs, but better ask Siggi - he made the rules.

Edited by Olham

Ras: We've got a cracking bunch of fellows in our squadron and we'll be coming at you day and night, night and day.

Uuuuuhhhh!!!! Now I'm frightened!

Well, you'll have to do so, day and night (when we prefer to feast or sleep), to perhaps have a slight chance. :grin:

Red-Dog, I wouldn't mind any personal signs, but better ask Siggi - he made the rules.

Personal markings/colour-schemes are the C.O.s' business.

I say olde boy, my dear wife, who thinks of everything is going to be presenting me with TIR 5. I will have TIR 4 available, for a very good offer. Email me at my new address whilst I am in the far North of BC, @ rs_earnshaw@yahoo.com. You will have to wait ( survive) until I return to my residence, ( alas not till Nov 17), but I'm sure you'll survive till then,LOL.

Regards,

British_eh

Will do!

Stiffy, on the topic of using padlock.

I too am without the use of track IR. Using padlock is a bit tricky but i've adjusted the ingame settings to make it work for me.

First of all you can cycle through the different target types that show up on the TAC buy pressing T. I usually adjust to only show Aircraft.

Secondly, you can adjust the distance at which the TAC displays targets by pressing ctrl + shift + T. Again, I usually adjust mine to 1NM(nautical mile)

Thirdly, turn OFF the TAC with Shift + T. Now when you cycle targets you will only be cycling between aircraft, and even then, only aircraft within 1mile.

Sometimes switching between targets doesnt work without TAC up. In this case bringing TAC up for a split second to cycle to your enemy, then hiding it again.

This is the only way i have found to be able to effectively fly without TAC and without track ir using the padlock function. As any other type of view is totally ineffective in combat.

S! hope this helps you sir

PS-im in the same boat on the t-ir as you. I spent my tax refund on a new computer. Im domestically "restricted" on any further purchases of electronic 'toys' for the rest of the tax year. LOL

Edited by Macklroy

Stiffy, on the topic of using padlock.

I too am without the use of track IR. Using padlock is a bit tricky but i've adjusted the ingame settings to make it work for me.

First of all you can cycle through the different target types that show up on the TAC buy pressing T. I usually adjust to only show Aircraft.

Secondly, you can adjust the distance at which the TAC displays targets by pressing ctrl + shift + T. Again, I usually adjust mine to 1NM(nautical mile)

Thirdly, turn OFF the TAC with Shift + T. Now when you cycle targets you will only be cycling between aircraft, and even then, only aircraft within 1mile.

Sometimes switching between targets doesnt work without TAC up. In this case bringing TAC up for a split second to cycle to your enemy, then hiding it again.

This is the only way i have found to be able to effectively fly without TAC and without track ir using the padlock function. As any other type of view is totally ineffective in combat.

S! hope this helps you sir

PS-im in the same boat on the t-ir as you. I spent my tax refund on a new computer. Im domestically "restricted" on any further purchases of electronic 'toys' for the rest of the tax year. LOL

I didnt realise you could customise the TAC like that! That will certainly help as a temporary measure, thanks!

I didnt realise you could customise the TAC like that! That will certainly help as a temporary measure, thanks!

Yup, I too got tired of cycling between the hundreds of ground targets while i was trying to track that Hun behind me. blink.gif

good.gif

No, nope, nein, nix, niet, nada, nish-nippori. grin.gif

yess.gif I guess that means : not in this life Hun? rofl.gif

Did some more test flying the DFW. We had a SCRAMBLE with them. First I thought, it must

be an error, but there where Fees overhead. Okay, I thought, Fees I will take on!

And up we went!

First I shot one down with my front gun, and damaged another severely. But then my ammo

was out (haven't yet found the spot, where the bullets go - the F6 gunsight is bulls**t).

So I followed underneath and sidewards, and my observer gave them some.

But they fought back and hit us twice. I switched Labels on, and found, that was an ace craft!

Aha!

My gunner was doing very well, and we got them. But short after that, my engine stopped again!

The DFW is more difficult to sail than an Albatros; you got to push the nose down more, which

shortens the descend quite a bit. But we landed next to a farm house, and a beautiful French

girl came running out with a freshly baked pear tarte with almonds; she had black hair, and she

said she liked Germans, for their country's poetry and music, and then she kissed me on the cheek

and said, her parents where of to visit an uncle in Aix-en-Provence, which meant, they wouldn't be

back until Sunday, and she asked me, if I would like to have a glass of wine with her...

Well-ll - the last bit could have been a dream. But the DFW and my observer are doing great!

I can't seem to get a grip on the FF MG's fall of shot either, Olham.

Its ok though, I plan on avoiding as much trouble as I can and hopefully ease my way through the first 17 hours. On the 'scrambles' my roleplay thinking is that we've had the warning from the Flugmeldienst and the Hauptman has ordered us to 'Get them up! Get them to safety!!" so I'll fly low to the neighbouring aerodrome if its the blasted French N17s or just fly away and up if its the FEs and BE2s of the RFC-- if you suspect bombers you could 'milk' the flight time a bit, but if you suspect scouts I'd advise taking off and landing a.s.a.p to ensure survival. Might sound a bit...cheesey...but its not the role of these two-seaters to defend the field, and it gives the local airdefence lads a right good bit of practice. grin.gif

Baldric, I think if I were to find myself in a scramble with the DFW I would long delay take-off. I would switch to the observer position, watch and wait for opportune times to take some shots at the E/A. Let the ground fire chew them up and not let them get on you by getting airborn. After the E/A get damaged by groundfire why not take-off and let the Observer finish off the wounded ducks. :dntknw: Just one approach.

To all Officers and Pilots of #2 Squadron, RNAS:

It has come to my attention that there has been some discussion in the ranks about the use of a flyer's personal markings on his aeroplane and the idea that he should wait to display such markings until after he has achieved "Ace" status, (i.e. 5 confirmed kills). As I have already stated in a previous communique' I strongly encourage all RNAS flyers to have a personal emblem or insignia painted on their kites as it helps build a sense of pride and esprit de corps. I believe anything that gives a pilot a stronger sense of belonging and purpose to be essential. Therefore, let me state plainly, that all pilots are allowed and advocated to have their personal emblems and insignia displayed on their aeroplanes, regardless of the number of hours they have flown or kills they have attained.

For King and Country!

Capt. W.L. Elder

#2 Squadron

Royal Naval Air Service 

RNAS3_CO_01.jpg

Salute.gif I say, bit of a sticky wicket wot? All that paint and stuff on t he airframes. Thanks Awfully,but I am a no fills type pilot so its a plain jane kite for me mon Captaine.Salute.gif

Apart from a few people who haven't yet submitted their persona names, which can be done with their first live combat-report anyway, I believe everything is done and ready to go. So I can see no reason why this can't go live right now and in good time for this weekend. For those who have already set their campaigns up to start from nov 5th, Creaghorn has outlined earlier in this thread (PAGE 10) the simple method of editing a text-file to input a different date (a 30-second job). The RNAS, up to nov 4th, are flying the earlier-model Strutter but it's pretty much the exact same plane as the 1 1/2-Strutter.

So chaps, from this day of our lord Oct 29th 1916/2009, sync your game-date with today's and have at it. :salute:

Edited by Siggi

Best of Luck Chaps... I would of course join the fray..but I have 2 lorry loads of Paperclips coming in Tomorrow, and need to triple count them.

Best Wishes

Capt Darling

Apart from a few people who haven't yet submitted their persona names, which can be done with their first live combat-report anyway, I believe everything is done and ready to go. So I can see no reason why this can't go live right now and in good time for this weekend. For those who have already set their campaigns up to start from nov 5th, Creaghorn has outlined earlier in this thread (PAGE 10) the simple method of editing a text-file to input a different date (a 30-second job). The RNAS, up to nov 4th, are flying the earlier-model Strutter but it's pretty much the exact same plane as the 1 1/2-Strutter.

So chaps, from this day of our lord Oct 29th 1916/2009, sync your game-date with today's and have at it. Salute.gif

That is good news, Siggi. And the web site looks very nice. It will be interesting to see the numbers as they are recorded. I shall start out today, even though my personal plane is in the hangar getting a new paint job. I'll use one of the other "crates" Many thanks to you for getting this started

Best of Luck Chaps... I would of course join the fray..but I have 2 lorry loads of Paperclips coming in Tomorrow, and need to triple count them.

Best Wishes

Capt Darling

It just doesn't seem right that you aren't flying with us Widow. Perhaps you will join as a replacement when the time is right?

Oops. Ahem. Bit of a cock-up. It would appear the RNAS-2 bombers are single-seater Strutters until nov 5th. I had assumed, while testing in QC for 29th oct, that the planes to choose from in the list were the Strutter and Strutter-B1 (early Strutter 2-seater and late Strutter 1 1/2 2-seater). I chose the Strutter, thinking the B1 was the 1 1/2. Turns out the B1 is a 1-seater bomber.

So first mission, it's a scramble. I take off and get clear, look over my shoulder to check my tail and..."WTB?! Where's my bally gunner?! :yikes: " Major consternation, I'm flying a barge in the middle of a hornet's nest and have no rear defence. Sorry chaps, if you choose to fly from now you might find it a bit hairier than it should have been until nov 5th. Fog of war and all that though, pip pip!

I did get two claims in however. :heat:

That is good news, Siggi. And the web site looks very nice. It will be interesting to see the numbers as they are recorded. I shall start out today, even though my personal plane is in the hangar getting a new paint job. I'll use one of the other "crates" Many thanks to you for getting this started

It just doesn't seem right that you aren't flying with us Widow. Perhaps you will join as a replacement when the time is right?

Yes, I agree, what's up with our famous Flash Braveheart? Too many young fillies on the go, not enough time to fly I'd wager.

"But we landed next to a farm house, and a beautiful French

girl came running out with a freshly baked pear tarte with almonds; she had black hair, and she

said she liked Germans, for their country's poetry and music, and then she kissed me on the cheek

and said, her parents where of to visit an uncle in Aix-en-Provence, which meant, they wouldn't be

back until Sunday, and she asked me, if I would like to have a glass of wine with her..."

Wow Olham, the "ground effects" in your version of OFF seem a whole hell of a lot better than they are in mine....has someone released a patch I wasn't aware of....I gotta get this one! rofl.gif

ZZ.grin.gif

:rofl: Good one, Zoomzoom.

Siggi, you mess it all up for me with your new starting time, as I still need to finish our DFW skin for a bit.

Couldn't you give me at least a little more time - and start on November 1st?

That's saturday. Everyone may have a bit more time there anyway?

Here are the German names I got so far. VonGuber, I know you wrote yours somewhere, but can't find it.

Baldric = Leutnant Rolf Meyer

Blue781 = Leutnant Wilhelm von Konigstein

Creaghorn = Leutnant Daniel Wolf

Hasse Wind = Leutnant Friedrich Wilhelm Freiherr von Roeder

Mr. Lucky = Leutnant Johann 'Lucky' Perrmann

Olham = Leutnant Juergen Jeschonnek

Rickitycrate = Leutnant Johann Handlich

Rooster89 = Leutnant Rudol Spaatz

77Scout = Leutnant Max Muehler

Velvet = Leutnant Albert 'Velvet' Kreipe

VonGuber =

Zoomzoom = Leutnant Argus Starke

i would also suggest to start on 1st nov.

i know, that's war, but i'm a rookiepilot who entlisted in a two seater squadron. train from flyingschool in johannisthal leaves saturday so i wanted to spend the remaining days with my lady. she came extra from nürnberg via train to johannisthal, so please no scrambles now this.gif

It's not a race or competition chaps. Imagine you are filtering into the squadron/Jasta over a period of days, you're not all obliged or expected to start on the exact same one. If you don't arrive at your unit until 1st nov (or later) that's ok. :good: