Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Call of Duty, Modern Warfare 2

So who all is going to be getting it? I will be getting the PC version. Anyone for a CombatAce team?

i'll probably get the xbox version but not sooner, and i ned to wait for the 2 weeks shipping xD

I will be getting the PC version and the PS3 version to play with co-workers.

I'll pick up the PC version. Hopefully my video card will be able to take it along with this new monitor I'm going to order today.

PC version. Not terribly happy about them jacking up the price, I may wait til it's priced normally for a game.

Seeing as I have no taste for that kind of MP anymore, paying that much is ludicrous for the SP side. I still haven't bought CoD4 or WaW yet because I'm only interested in the (very short) SP side and anything over $25 is too much for less than 10 hours.

When the first Modern Warfare came out. Man we played it for a year straight. God we had fun. Whole bunch of us from CA. I didnt even play the single player part until I had it after 2 months. The MP was just too fun.

When the first Modern Warfare came out. Man we played it for a year straight. God we had fun. Whole bunch of us from CA. I didnt even play the single player part until I had it after 2 months. The MP was just too fun.

Multiplayer in this one looks even better, seriously loved the videos they released of that aspect. Just ordered my new monitor too! Now I seriously can't wait for COD2, and my next paycheck since I just blew the one I got today.

Getting it for the box.... just got my son and my best friend into CoD4 so I'm hoping to get them into this one too lol.... MUST addict more people lol :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Not buying it, no dedicated server software. Not worth playing a game with someone hosting on their home connection. I tried that with OFP DR and it sucks more than I can put into words.

Rugg

You know that wont last long. It will be in the first patch.

Im sure I seen somewhere that one of the kill perks (i.e 3,5,7 kills you get a special weapon) is the ac-130. Can you imagine owning people online with that beauty!!!!!rofl.gif

Im sure I seen somewhere that one of the kill perks (i.e 3,5,7 kills you get a special weapon) is the ac-130. Can you imagine owning people online with that beauty!!!!!rofl.gif

There's also a coop mode where one guy is on the ground with a IR designator and the other player is up in the AC-130. Can't freaking wait.

Rugg

I don't think so - they canceled the dedicated server (and say it doesn't need one :blink:), killed the possibility for using mods and custom maps, and simplified the MP (identical to the console one)...

...looks like they really like their customers... :no:

i'll order the PC Version tomorrow

cant wait

Rugg

Shaolin is correct. There will be no dedicated server software. Period. CodeMasters said the same thing over on the CM forums, but they were smart and waited till after the game was released. Either way, no more of my money goes to Activision until they represent.

Brilliant. MW2 devs managed to piss Russian authorities off. In the country where we don't even have a content rating board it's reported that they've cut the Russian airport civilian massacre scene from the Russian PC version (compulsory web activation downloads a little patch to block the episode). Console versions sales have been halted altogether for now.

I got it today, alls i can say is..... WOW! ITS AMAZING, MULTIPLAYER IS AMAZING, SINGLE PLAYER IS ACE! MAN WHAT A GAME. I picked it up $79 AUD at K-mart, everywhere else its like $108 AUD.

Picked up my copy yesterday. Gotta say it is the most awesome singleplayer campaign that Ive ever played. Apart from the ending which I wont mention. Multiplayer is brilliant too. Anyone in the UK who doesnt have it yet you can get it for £26 at your local sainsburys store. BARGAIN

Mike

Yeah I picked up my copy yesterday and HOLY SEIRRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to try it on mp!!!! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: