Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Best Game of 2009

Which game did you buy this year and find yourself unable to stop playing it?

I would say Call of Duty MW2. Hands down my favorite game of the year.

There were alot of games released this past year so I am interested to see the variety of which we all play.

Well in response... I have a few...

SF Europe NATO IV I keep coming back and having fun and finding new things.

And from last Year X3 Terran Conflict.

But I think my Vote has to be even though I have only had it 3 months give or take...

Over Flanders Field Damn is it good...

MW2 gets my vote also. Assassin's Creed isn't far off either.

If L4D2 didn't get ripped apart before release here in Oz, I would have voted for that. As it is, MW2 (despite it's flaws), gets my vote. Multiplayer's been pretty awesome, although the 2 player co-op is a helluva lot of fun too. Especially that Gunship mission...

hands down hannah montana the video game...so much better than mw2 lol..

to many to mention..GTA episodes from lib city,prototype...but id go for Batman arkham asylum as my fave.

i do love MW2, and had the huge war child event playing it,but as much as i love it,theres always the total dick online who ruins it lol

xx v xx

oh and so disapointed with left4dead2 x

Yeah I have to go with CoD MW2 as well.... Batman was awsome but single player and the coop missions kept me going till i could play on live... now the fun is just starting all over again lol :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

My best singleplayer experience would be with Assassins Creed 2. Multiplayer gotta be MW2.grin.gif

Mike

Probably Fallout 3, I'm playing it again with an add on pack, I am gonna install the other add on pack soon (got it for Christmas).

Falcon

Probably Fallout 3, I'm playing it again with an add on pack, I am gonna install the other add on pack soon (got it for Christmas).

Falcon

There all good... got all 3 :good:

But this is about games that came out in 2009.....thus the title, Best Game of 2009......

L4D2 is good, improves upon the original, but in some ways is less impressive because it breaks little new ground. Well, except the melee stuff which is pretty fun. :grin:

Arma2 came out this summer, a great game after a few patches have put down the worst bugs.

FEAR2 came out in Feb I think, good game, but somehow fails to achieve what the original did despite looking better.

I didn't get MW2 because I don't play MP that's not coop vs bots (ie SP with other humans on my side, like L4D), so $60 for that short SP game isn't worth it. I still don't have CoD4 or CoD:WaW because of the same thing, I'm waiting for them to be cheap.

DCS: Black Shark was released on DVD this spring, but was technically released digitally the end of last year (although I think few people bought it then), so you could put that in the running.

SF2 was released around the same time, with SF2V/E/I this year, but they're also improvements upon SF2, which is in turn an improvement over WoI, which is in turn...

For driving fans, Race On is good, but Race 06/07/GTR Evo/STCC/Race On is pretty much like the SF2 series...each release is standalone yet will merge with the previous. Each comes with a new set of cars and tracks as well as many from previous releases if you only bought the one.

I'm trying to remember what else came out this year...

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'd consider the best!

to many to mention..GTA episodes from lib city,prototype...but id go for Batman arkham asylum as my fave.

Cheers Hawtness, totally forgot about the GTA episodes. I love The Ballad of Gay Tony. Totally rekindled my interest in the GTA IV series. I've really gotta give those Saints Row 2 episodes a go...

Non-sims, it would be Europa Universalis III Complete with all add-ons. (Eu:Rome's quite cool too)

Sim: TK's Gen2 for sure! If my borrowed computer was strong enough to make them work presently...

I'm having a blast with Mini Ninjas. It has really awesome art direction; much better than MW2 IMO.

Never heard of Mini Ninja's.

Sim: TK's Gen2 for sure! If my borrowed computer was strong enough to make them work presently...

Best game of 2009 is Classic SF 2006. Its the only game I spend time with. I may again Patch up to 2008 but its what you spend the time with the most that is always the best no matter what year it is now. :good:

As I said, I never heard of it but it has my attention now, I think I am going to get it. PM and tell me more if you please?

for console, I have to say, Halo 3 ODST! I am a Halo junkie! Other than Halo wars, that one just wasn't for me. Also Operation FlashPoint, wasn't sure if I'd like the console version after playing on PC but I did.

Edited by Dagger

I think it was 09...but if it's 08 I apologise!

But without doubt (IMHO) Brothers in Arms Hells Highway

and OFF of course...but thats been out a while now :)