Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Calling all Modders for a KAW Mod

Yeah the Sabres is well covered :good:

Actually I use "Korea_xx" naming on the latest(which is now uber old lol) version...

The last version you send me has Vietnam_xx naming, perhaps I've missed newer one. The one I have is the version I did trees for around May or June '08 -dull brown one (not in a bad sense, still looks good)

As for models -I think Zur's or GMG's models are of enough fidelity, in fact Zur's Sabre was the best looking aircraft 3D wise for this series for years!

Looks like a great team is being assembled for this mod. We still have open seats for anyone who feels they can contribute with something. Even small additions.

Our team is aiming for a all in one High Definition installler like ODS, NF4+, OTC and eburgers and malibu43 Enhanced expansion pack for SF2V. We have no time line and no rush.

We still need some new freeware Aircrafts.

the current wishlist:

Aircrafts

Il-10

Tu-2

F2H2 Mcdonnell Banshee

A-26B/C Douglas Invader being worked on

F3D Douglas Skynight

Supermarine Seafire mk47

Fairey Firefly

Ships

Straight deck Essex class Carrier

Bombs

More detailed 250lb AN-M57, 500lb AN-M64, and 1000lb AN-M65.

Good drawings can be provided for the Aircrafts if someone want to build them but lacks drawings.

Edited by hgbn

hgbn:

I´m not a modder.

I just want to say thanks to you and all the modders here for your interest in Korea.

Me and a lot of people here are with our hands sweating just thinking about to fly in Korea in the SF2 universe.

I can´t mod anything, but I can show my support for you guys.

The F-86 is not forgotten! ;)

Volker is working on some details for the USAf Skins.

But Volker is not really feeling good...

How serious are you guys about this? If so Wrench requested a separate forum. I think we shouldn't do that and keep it open like we did NF4+ and give regular updates etc. Just my 2 cents though.

Also I can get serious pics of the birds at the USAF Museum for serious detail work on the skins. They have a whole Korean War section. I could go there and take video too. I think this is the spark I needed to get back into this.

We are dead serious Dave :good:

BTW it would be nice to have some pics from the museum

BTW it would be nice to have some pics from the museum

Can do easy, I will make a trip this weekend. They have the F-86A, Mig-15, F-80C, F-82, F-84, RF-86F, A-26, a B-29 fuselage, B-45, F-94B, and some helos. A good collection. Do we want video as well?

How serious are you guys about this? If so Wrench requested a separate forum. I think we shouldn't do that and keep it open like we did NF4+ and give regular updates etc. Just my 2 cents though.

Also I can get serious pics of the birds at the USAF Museum for serious detail work on the skins. They have a whole Korean War section. I could go there and take video too. I think this is the spark I needed to get back into this.

Serious enough for me to come out of retirement. hehehehehe. I was looking into some of the AAA used by the UN side,not serous research but a start,do you think it would be worth the effort to ask that some of the larger caliber guns used by the UN be moddled or just reskin the russian ones made by Pasco?

Serious enough for me to come out of retirement. hehehehehe. I was looking into some of the AAA used by the UN side,not serous research but a start,do you think it would be worth the effort to ask that some of the larger caliber guns used by the UN be moddled or just reskin the russian ones made by Pasco?

Don't see why not, maybe Rebleryder could make them.

Can do easy, I will make a trip this weekend. They have the F-86A, Mig-15, F-80C, F-82, F-84, RF-86F, A-26, a B-29 fuselage, B-45, F-94B, and some helos. A good collection. Do we want video as well?

A video would be cool to :good:

Yeah we want Buster. He doesn't scream when he hits the deck :lol:

Serious we are a long long long way from even putting a beta together.

TK posted some pics from March Field AF museum on his Facebook, including some Korean era planes.

Thanks Allen, can you shoot a link??

Alternatively to a private KAW forum, how about just a seperate KAW, like my PropHeads??? Keeps it in the open, etc.

The only problem would be posts for links for file sharing amongst the Production Team, in particular the terrain -and the string of updates it'll be getting-, but that's handled quite easily via PM to the relevant persons. Same for aircraft/skins/objects, etc.

and then when the mod is released, you can delete that forum.

wrench

kevin stein

ps: btw, Dave, I'm rebuilding ALL you 'stang skins to use all decals for markings, as the painted on stuff looks very fuzzy in-game. Same for pappychksix's Corsairs -- all redone, just need new correct modex numbers (note: navy squadron are color coded, and the modex series matches the color. Havin 80+ gigs of books on pdf helps...<grin>)

ps: btw, Dave, I'm rebuilding ALL you 'stang skins to use all decals for markings, as the painted on stuff looks very fuzzy in-game. Same for pappychksix's Corsairs -- all redone, just need new correct modex numbers (note: navy squadron are color coded, and the modex series matches the color. Havin 80+ gigs of books on pdf helps...<grin>)

They are only fuzzy if you have a low end machine or low graphics settings. I was already in the process of updating them to Wolf's new P-51 but keeping the insignias painted on, I just prefer it that way.

Very good idea this project!!! Of course, you have permission to use/modiffy my MiG-15 Fagot A FM if you like. I have in my HD some .INI work (only little touches in weight, engine, etc, because I'm not expert) for some planes as: F-84E, F9F-2, IL-10 with historical payload, etc. I supposse they need some work, because I'm using them in .06 SF1 game, but if you need them, I'll send to you.

I know this is very soon to think of, but I suggest to you not to make an only campaign covering all the war. Instead I'd like the war split between smaller campaigns covering different phases and making both sides flyable.

Edited by ojcar

I agree with ojcar... :good:

This way you can simulate tours of duty also.

I want to contribure as I can to this project so I started skinning pilots with historically correct for the period uniforms and equipment...

Here is a first WiP of a USAF pilot for 1950-52 wearing P1-B helmet with B-8 goggles.

usafkorea.jpg

Looking forward to the eventual release. Btw Wrench, are you going to do all Corsair units for this mod? :grin:

Any contribution is very welcome for this mod. It's going to be loaded with High Quality stuff. :grin:

Any contribution is very welcome for this mod. It's going to be loaded with High Quality stuff. :grin:

More Infos Henrik!!! :lol::lol::lol: