Sign in to follow this  
Kulbit80

Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA - first flight!

Pak-fa,welcome to flight demonstrators paradise!

Now Yf-23,Su-47,I-44 aren't alone,they found a new great companion to play!

I got serious doubt if this new pretty bird walks off this stage!

too many expensive!

Next fighter become the 35BM (in a few planes) Pak-fa will be a victim of "we can make it" policy.

With funding from India, it may yet reach a production status. Or if they offer this bird to China in exchange for uber cash assistance. Just a thought, but it could happen.

Otherwise, I think it's an outstanding achievement for Russia. It may make those guys on capital hill here in the U.S. of A lose a little sleep over killing Raptor production. :drinks:

yeah,I think next fighter will be the su-35BM in a very small number,the Pak-fa will be Berkut's great companion in the flight demonstrators paradise together with the I-44 and YF-23,I really don't know if Russian government would take these steps away in this world's crisis situation,anyway is a great model,nothing compares to berkut,but I like it.

maybe a flight simulator will be it's right habitat!

Indeed,you got a big mistake....

i really think this will be next Russia's fighter, Su-35BM will fill the gap between Su-27SM and PAK-FA VVS was already brought 39 Su-35BM IIRC, they're just finishing the plane before go in production.

also, there is the Indian Market....they have to worry about china and possibli its J-XX/J-12.

i really think this will be next Russia's fighter, Su-35BM will fill the gap between Su-27SM and PAK-FA VVS was already brought 39 Su-35BM IIRC, they're just finishing the plane before go in production.

also, there is the Indian Market....they have to worry about china and possibli its J-XX/J-12.

Su-35BM is totally a aircraft for export,same as Su-30MKI IMO...

VVS have waitted PAK-FA for 20 years...

What VVS need is more PAK-FA...

Allegedly India wants 250 of theese babies, how's that for production cost reduction?

Good, something else to shoot down. :lol: It's a damn fine looking aircraft.

It's a F-22/F-23 love child. But its a damn fine looking plane. Congrats to the Russian. I can't wait to see some high res pics of it.

Su-35BM is totally a aircraft for export,same as Su-30MKI IMO...

VVS have waitted PAK-FA for 20 years...

What VVS need is more PAK-FA...

not really, they need to fill the gap...Su-27 is getting old and there is just a small number of SM's ....also, VVS closed a deal some months ago, IIRC it was 2 or 3 weeks after the Su-35BM Crash.

This is the first Russian Stealth fighter, i doubt they can put it full operational on the front lines till 2015, on the other hand Su-35BM Schedule is to get in production 2010 and operationally 2012.

Meh, I'd still have preferred the Su-47 to have been the basis for a production fighter, but what the heck... at least close-in there may be some confusion about visual IFF now, between this and "the other" 5th gen fighter...

Russia used to make sexy birds... :sad:

Hey Nils, in a weird turn of events, apparently you've already featured with this aircraft before you made your announcement post! :grin:

(Scroll down to post #609)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/25061-indo-russian-pak-fa-fgfa-41.html

You also get called an artist here... :tongue:

http://jasonjeffrey.wordpress.com/2009/10/08/indias-first-stealth-fighter-to-fly-in-4-months/

Pak-fa,welcome to flight demonstrators paradise!

Now Yf-23,Su-47,I-44 aren't alone,they found a new great companion to play!

I got serious doubt if this new pretty bird walks off this stage!

too many expensive!

Next fighter become the 35BM (in a few planes) Pak-fa will be a victim of "we can make it" policy.

It's not a demonstrator - it's a prototype. Big difference.

Meanwhile the Berkut was never intended as anything other than an FSW demonstrator.

The Russians could make a lot of money from this - selling to other countries - so I dont see funding being an issue - and I know the SU-35 is based on a tried and tested airframe - but I cant see any way the Russian AF wont get as many of these babies as they can - and then use the SU-35s for target practise. :grin:

Didn't think I would ever see it - but its a great looking bird - and surprised to see its video on the BBC first this morning.

the Jet is HOT that's for sure...

the question is how good it flies against it's rivalries cool.gif

The Russians could make a lot of money from this - selling to other countries - so I dont see funding being an issue - and I know the SU-35 is based on a tried and tested airframe - but I cant see any way the Russian AF wont get as many of these babies as they can - and then use the SU-35s for target practise. :grin:

Didn't think I would ever see it - but its a great looking bird - and surprised to see its video on the BBC first this morning.

Don't forget the Raptor Restrictions to allied nations, plus the fact that Russia is not anymore the old and evil Soviet Union, i see US losting some good 5th gen sells to PAK-FA.

Russia isn't buying the Su-35BM, it's buying the Su-35S.

This looks like a Raptor from the front and a forced-perspective Flanker from behind. I really don't see the YF-23 at all, other than the aft fuselage area but that's straight Flanker-derivative far more than the 23's odd sinusoidal curves. The 23 didn't have separate stabs, it was more like the F-117 in that way, but this one does just like every other non-delta plane out there.

The interesting part is the vertical (well, off-vertical) stabs look a little small for a plane that size. Compare them to those on any other twin-finned plane and you'll see what I mean.

The whole nose and cockpit area is really reminiscent of the YF-23.

Russia isn't buying the Su-35BM, it's buying the Su-35S.

This looks like a Raptor from the front and a forced-perspective Flanker from behind. I really don't see the YF-23 at all, other than the aft fuselage area but that's straight Flanker-derivative far more than the 23's odd sinusoidal curves. The 23 didn't have separate stabs, it was more like the F-117 in that way, but this one does just like every other non-delta plane out there.

Well I guess it's in the POV, to me it really does not look much like the Raptor apart from the fact that if they were too different it would be highly strange, even the jet intakes are more YF-23 style than F-22, but anyway - it's not like that's important lol

The interesting part is the vertical (well, off-vertical) stabs look a little small for a plane that size. Compare them to those on any other twin-finned plane and you'll see what I mean.

Yes they are small, maybe that's where the TVC will kick in? That would pretty much be perfect use of it...

I just saw this on Yahoo. I am sure most of the rest of you aviation nerds have seen this already, but for those who aren't nerds like we....

http://news.yahoo.co...749633/17874356

How do you think it stacks up to the Raptor in ACM? Avionics?

~Tax

check here Tax ~> http://forum.combatace.com/topic/52357-sukhoi-t-50-pak-fa-first-flight/page__pid__381586__st__40entry381586

jackpot2.gif

You have to keep in mind that aerodynamics are all over the world the same

I remember hearing the same words from the Soviet government when they showed what their Space Shuttle looked like.

Looks like a compromise between the YF-23 and the Su-27. I would bet that it is a match if not better than the F-22 in terms of flight performance/agility, but the key to beating the F-22 is being just as stealthy while having a comparable radar capability. I have no idea how good the Russians are at making aircraft stealthy. But it sure does look nice.