Sign in to follow this  
DanW

Expansion pack 2 mission editor teaser 2

Maybe two sub-sections in the mission dowload area, one for stock-install missions, and one that requires 3rd-party mods?

It would help if the end-users would rate missions after they download and fly them, either with the current rating system, or in the support topic thread.

A list of dependencies for each mission would be useful. Maybe we could ask TK to have editor generate a txt with objects used by the mission along with the mission file itself?

Know that feeling already ... for that that haven't downloaded it, the rebuilt ASW has a mission pak assosicated with it.

Because my SF2 base install is pretty heavily modded, I had to go back through each one and swap out stock aircraft for the add-ons that it generated. It only takes a few minutes to edit, but that DEFINATELY is a concern.

But, if the uploader has his/her/its head screwed on right, and is concientious about such things, it's worth doing.

OTH, if one WANTS to higlight a specific aircraft, say the Tomcat or Fulcrum, that WILL need to be said in any readme/upload announcments. The exact same would have to be done if a specific terrain is used.

wrench

kevin stein

I understand, of course, that if someone wants to do an F-14 mission, then it will of course require an add-on F-14.

My bigger concern (and this is something I've seen with some mods that are out there) is adding a bunch of custom objects into missions when a stock object would work just as well.

For example, using the stock ZIL-157 ground objects will work just fine for any Armed Recon mission. Please don't make me go hunting back to page 12 of the SF1 ground objects download section to find the ZIL-157 that has a more accurate camo pattern when I can't see that from the air anyway.

What?? When the 3rd part ZIL-157 is HUNDREDS of times more accurate and can do the proper 50km/h over gravel roads and not the ridiculous 75km/h of the stock?!?!

I say good day, sir!

aaahhh gun ranging radar... me I prefer the old fashioned TLAR approach in other words in side of .3nm for western jets or .5km for Soviet jets normally does the job perfectly... but thats just me... like to make things interesting... but saying that I didn't even know that this was there as I have been flying on the Hard settings for years... oh well looks like I better RTFM... :rofl:

Whats this new title coming out end of the year or early next year i keep reading about?

SF3? apparently it includes F14s now with the game and no mod necessary..

Whats this new title coming out end of the year or early next year i keep reading about?

SF3? apparently it includes F14s now with the game and no mod necessary..

SF3? No. You are getting confused with the proposed Expansion Pack 3 which is still some way off. Expansion Pack 2 is due out real soon.

An as yet un-named F-14 Tomcat title is due out at the end of the year - everyone hopes it will be at Christmas time.

Is it unnamed, or is it just SF2: Tomcat? I know TK said it would integrate with the previous SF2 titles, so that name would make sense.

Two more rocket fire (!) pics on facebook ...

.... but I hoped the ex was ready for this week end ...sob.

Paul :heat:

Nice to see the Lightning F.2A now with cannon ports in the right place.

Really looking forward to this!

I look forward to see those unguided rockets a2a by the AI... Then we might have a chance finally to get the F-86D/L working properly :clapping:

Hey this might even give bogeys in Nam the right armament!

One of the first things I will like to try is intercepting soviet bombers over Bering Straits using the Vodoo and the Genie, that will be REAL fun!!

I was just reading my book on the Voodoo this weekend. I'd like to fly some missions with it again now!

I supose you all guys are wondering the same, but will be nice If TK can confirm If the carriers (even in the MOD theatres) will be selectable as takeoff and landings bases. That feature will add so much potential!!

I read a post by TK or someone from thirdwire stating that the mission editor testing is taking longer than expected because they are testing with carriers. Will Look for a Link.

Edit; LINK:

LINK TO POST REGARDING MSN EDITOR AND CARRIERS

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks mate!! Great news, can't wait to take off from a american carrier and pound some bad guys!

And again:

Hmmmm...... Canberras...... :lol: