Sign in to follow this  
serverandenforcer

The worst movie ever

My synopsis.... Unoriginal, frustrating plot and directing, lame @$$ ending. Special FX were average, character development was average, a couple unrealistic scenes that made mw roll my eyes. This movie is not even worth renting on Netflix.

Thanks for the review! Glad I skipped it.

does it make battlefield earth look good?

God, I hated that movie!

so, the consensus is ....

wait 3 months, and it'll be on cable??

damn...and I wanted to see LA get stomped again!!! Thats the best sequence in 2012 .. the destruction of Los Angeles (I can even see where I live fall in the Hellish Pit! In fact, when Our Heros ™ depart SM airport, they fly right over my house (well, where it would have been, had it not been sucked down into the earth....)

wrench

kevin stein

I'll rent it on Netflix only because I tend to rent just new films there. The older ones I want to see I already own.

The amazing thing to me is that film had a $10m budget. They spent more money making each of the recent CoD games than they did on that flick, so for it to have "average" FX is pretty amazing.

Oh, it was directed by the same guys who did AvP: Requiem, so if you saw that you should have some idea of the quality Skyline must have.

I'll rent it on Netflix only because I tend to rent just new films there. The older ones I want to see I already own.

The amazing thing to me is that film had a $10m budget. They spent more money making each of the recent CoD games than they did on that flick, so for it to have "average" FX is pretty amazing.

Oh, it was directed by the same guys who did AvP: Requiem, so if you saw that you should have some idea of the quality Skyline must have.

AVP was far better than this movie. Pretty much, the whole movie is the based on the point of view of the average bystander(just like the new War of the Worlds) that's caught up in the middle of the alien invasion. The only thing that really killed it for me was the ending and some other places that should have obviously been destroyed by certain weapons being used and weren't just for the sake that the main characters wouldn't die. The only thing that I did like, and found to be somewhat realistic in a sci-fi sort of way (plot spoiler here) is that the

aliens did win.

I hope "Monsters" will be better. USA needs a DaiKanju monster bad. Cloverfield doesn't count. That monster was lame and movie sucked.

Falcon

Not AvP1, they did AvP2. AvP1 was a decent enough flick, better than Predators 2.

Not AvP1, they did AvP2. AvP1 was a decent enough flick, better than Predators 2.

AVP2 is better than Skyline... I know what movie you're taling about. The one where the Aliens are running loose in a small suburban town and the Predator is hunting after them. That movie at least had a plot that was somewhat understandable. In Skyline you just don't know why all of this crap is happening. You do know what is happening, have a somewhat good impression on who is involved and when and where this is taking place. However, there are still a lot of questions left unanswered. Another thing that was just stupid is that the characters, who are located on the

Marina

are not afected by a

very large nuclear strike against an alien ship hovering over down town L.A.

. They even fubbed up on the CGI of the F-22... it looked like a hybrid of the F-22 and the Boeing X-32.

I've given up on most films getting aircraft correct. Unless they have a military adviser that they pay attention to, you're going to get crap like Die Hard 4's "F-35B firing its gun from a hover like an Apache". :blink:

Anyway, I saw Skyline described as a SFC Saturday Night movie of the week writ large with the same cast and plot but a bigger budget for effects. The remake they did of War of the Worlds was one of the worst I could have imagined. Actually, no, I couldn't even have imagined it that bad.

Who needs Barry Norman with you lot about ?

Damn, I was actually looking forward to this movie...now my whole weekend plans are in tatters !

Who needs Barry Norman with you lot about ?

Damn, I was actually looking forward to this movie...now my whole weekend plans are in tatters !

You could still go see it. Just dont expect much from it. It's also apparently a ripoff of another movie that hasn't come out yet and the fx guys are getting sued over it.

This movie SUCKS !!!!!!!!!! :stinker: Its like Cloverfield Married Predator and had a baby

I've seen a review, saying that this movie fails even at sucking, being not hilariously bad but simply crappy. :blink:

You guys crack me up. Ya'll just watched Skylane (sp?). I never heard of it.

I just got my Robinson Crusoe on Mars on DVD, great survival sci-fi for the 1960s, well the first half anyways, the 2nd half with the aliens was somewhat okay in concept I think. Oddly, the transition from 1st part (survival) to 2nd part (aliens) is the best and most intense part of the film.

Can't beat Paul Mantee in this one. He was a furniture mover before and after (hence the good build), with only acting classes before he did this movie, but he had intitiative and good directing. Great commentary on the DVD. Go classical and you'll never go back. There will be much less Whaling and Pulling of Teeth. :grin:

You guys crack me up. Ya'll just watched Skylane (sp?). I never heard of it.

It's Skyline... as in the edge of foreground terrain that meets the sky - not to be confused with the horizon, which is where background/distant terrain meets the sky.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Lexx,

Gotta disagree...there is plenty of craptastic in the old films too.

One only has to watch 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' to know that.

FC

Go classical and you'll never go back. There will be much less Whaling and Pulling of Teeth. :grin:

Absolutely! I love the classics; The War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet, Earth vs the Flying Saucers, The original versions of The Thing, and "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (and many more, of course).

Regarding the latter...I had to watch it several times to offset the negative experience of watching the remake.... I mean really.....Keenu Reeves as Klatuu? With his lack of acting ability, they'd have been better off casting him as Gort :lol:

Thanks fellas. At least in the past, there was cornball sci fi, and the real tries. Today, I perceive high budget fails....thinking Hollywood here. The recent sci-fi I love is all non-Hollywood -- mainly Canada and NZ. Babylons~5 I see as USA but not Hollywood, as it seems Joe Michael S....as it seems J.M.S. doesn't seem to fit in Hollywood, so I liked his series.

FC::

...Mystery Science Theater 3000...

I wish they would review LEXX. That would be a riot.

Weird how no one mentions Blake's 7 series among old school. Cardboard sets, but awesome characters. Episode 3 got Brian Blessed as a mad religious leader of a desolate prison planet!

Blake's 7

I said it. :good: I saw some of that, about 13 blakasodes. Pretty good but I never finished watching that series.

Unfortunately MST3K ended its run in 1999. On the plus side, the former cast members have two separate projects going now doing the same thing, albeit without the robots and host segments during the films...just the commentary.

Cinematic Titanic has Joel and mostly the Comedy Central-years cast.

Rifftrax has Mike and the SciFi years cast.

I have tons of DVDs from both groups, although I admit I liked MST3K the most. I just bought Vol 19 of the MST sets, plus I have many of the old eps on homemade DVDs I made from my VHS tapes. It aired for 10 years and they covered well over 150 of the worst films ever, and not just US-made. There are British (Gorgo), Japanese (lots of Gamera and Godzilla), Russo-Finnish, Italian (hercules!), and I believe Australian and South African, too.