Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

May 11 updates out now!

SkateZilla, that begs the question how much of the repeating ocean will there be left (500x500 km map?)

edit:

oh, ok, good old 1000x1000 you say

Edited by Stary

If standard scaling is used then the full map may be 300 by 300 km covering the real area of 300 by 300 miles, enough for Iceland and the sea.

What about in the future then when TW decides to release terrains that are land based. Without an repeating ocean the map will only be 300x300 km???

where's my crystal all-future included-seeing ball...

oh, under the fridge. "Possibly... but user created no, larger" ball says

:dntknw:

sounds like we needs us the 'magic 8-ball'.

also just noticed we're still missing the Mustang drop tanks ... there's the nodes called out, and fueltanktupe= in the data ini, they'e listed in the loadout ini, exist (the parts; bmp, ini) in objectdata001cat, and is listed in the weaponsdata ini.

but a no-show on the bird

using the old (and I do mean old!) ones, with the node commented out, makes them unjettisonable

the WEP is COOL feature!!

Is Tomcat a separate game, or is TK intending to merge it to SF2 series?

My guess is, with the announced changes to the terrain engine, released 3rd party terrains would stay in SF2 and it would be tough (or even impossible) to convert to Tomcat format.

Is Tomcat a separate game, or is TK intending to merge it to SF2 series?

My guess is, with the announced changes to the terrain engine, released 3rd party terrains would stay in SF2 and it would be tough (or even impossible) to convert to Tomcat format.

Pretty sure that I read a post stating that the tomcat game would introduce the new terrain engine while remaining compatible with other SF2 terrains, that was quite a while back though.

Im almost sure that Strike Fighters 2: Iceland will do what SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2Exp1, and SF2Exp2 does... merge with the game base.

Then again i wouldnt be surprised to see StrikeFighters 3 : Iceland Invasion, followed by SF3V, SF3E, SF3I (with the Expansion Pack content already included in the E/I Titles.)

Am I the only one so far who had his engine die due to overheat after keeping P-51D in WEP mode for too long? Engine dies, no visible damage, smoke trail behind the plane. Oops :blink:

Hmmm...an engine that dies non-destructively after being run past limits too long?

If that can be applied to a jet engine...it could solve a problem I've had with the F-84...

FC

Guest Pfunk

Im almost sure that Strike Fighters 2: Iceland will do what SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, SF2Exp1, and SF2Exp2 does... merge with the game base.

Then again i wouldnt be surprised to see StrikeFighters 3 : Iceland Invasion, followed by SF3V, SF3E, SF3I (with the Expansion Pack content already included in the E/I Titles.)

I would be very surprised to see an SF3 at this early a juncture. I'm not sure he's ready to re-engineer all his old terrains in Max as .LOD files. That's a hell of a lot of work.

He's said before that it will merge, but I am trying to figure out how a game can run two separate engines in the same install. Even EA's Medal of Honor installs as two completely games, the singleplayer in the Unreal engine and DX9 and the multiplayer using the Frostbite 2 engine and DX11.

I don't know how he'll able to merge it, but I'm sure he will try.

I'd love to see the existing terrains re-engineered to a greater level of detail, but if he lacks the funds to do some of the even more basic things we want in the sim, then he hasn't got the money to even remotely attempt something that big.

Just a very few things that TK put into SF 2008...

High altitude Oxcart Blue sky (we asked for that and he did it).

Each airplane having its own [AI Data] stuff.

BVR engagement with any weapon, engagement range depending on radar range (needs to be targeted against another flight, even friendly or player flight will do, but be sure that flight is not destroyed -- could be set at map border in the rear. As well, BVR depends on radar azimuth and altitude limits. I tested that a few days back.

Missile loft (and things we might mod with that, like Skybolt maybe...dunno).

Floating balloons (and the things we can hack with that)

etc...I'll think of more after I click POAST REPLY

I haven't looked into my SF2 yet. I just got it, and the world didn't end, yet. I'm almost afraid to peek since I might pass out from overdose of even newer AI stuff, not to mention TKMD.

TK's been busy.

back to patch related issues -anyone else noticed that sun now sort of, searching good word to describe this effect, pulsate when looked at..? Like you'd see distant landscape in desert or very hot day..?

speaking of back on topic i've heard bout the isrealis missing decals anyone else missing decals for the USN? also while adjusting my Phantom mod i had some of my 3rd party and personally rearranged sock decals glowing. however after making an adjust ment to the skin itself the glowing stopped. any input on this?

anyone tried adding the WEP to other planes..? Like stock Spit? Just for testing of course :smile:

speaking of back on topic i've heard bout the isrealis missing decals anyone else missing decals for the USN? also while adjusting my Phantom mod i had some of my 3rd party and personally rearranged sock decals glowing. however after making an adjust ment to the skin itself the glowing stopped. any input on this?

Yes, I’ve got a few missing for the USN Phantoms,Skyhawk & a few others.

Seems to be related to squadron insignia & numbering only though. All the national markings seem to be fine.

May I ask how did you get rid of your glowing decal problem?

SF

anyone tried adding the WEP to other planes..? Like stock Spit? Just for testing of course :smile:

actually, I was thinking Russo's Jug-N!! Mabye Geo's Hellcat and/or the Corsairs (have to check and see if they had it first, off course)

edit: monty's 109s!!! MW50!!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

is it generic WEP only modelled or more specific..? MW50

and is there any new cockpit gauge/light output for engaging WEP? Could use it in my Jug-like pit

WEP seems to be a few other lines into the engine in the data.ini, it has some flight model inputs I don't understand but a quick copy and paste into some WOA aircraft and it worked like a charm. No cockpit light though its throttle position enabled.

WEP seems to be a few other lines into the engine in the data.ini, it has some flight model inputs I don't understand but a quick copy and paste into some WOA aircraft and it worked like a charm. No cockpit light though its throttle position enabled similar to an afterburner. As for the engine failing thats related to "WEPTimeLimit=300.0" increasing this prevents the engine from failing.

Using WEP makes the needle on the manifold pressure indicator go beyond the red mark.

That would make sense, as you're pushing the chamber pressures up.

notice on the Mustang, there's a manifold pressure line, too. Wonder what the differences are between in-lines and radials (R-2800s to be specific!)

Oh, the outrage... :grin: Despite the tree issue (which seems to be more of a non-issue after TK's announcement) I like the patch very much.

As for the WEP: Isn't the "WEPTimeLimit=300.0" (that would be the 5min of available WEP you can read about in most sources) supposed to limit the time/amount of available water/methanol/air/whatever? I'm not sure how that translates into engine failure, although you could argue that the engine is likely to be wrecked after using up all of the available WEP.

As for the WEP: Isn't the "WEPTimeLimit=300.0" (that would be the 5min of available WEP you can read about in most sources) supposed to limit the time/amount of available water/methanol/air/whatever? I'm not sure how that translates into engine failure, although you could argue that the engine is likely to be wrecked after using up all of the available WEP.

When I was having a play around with this feature last night, I got the engine failure someone else mentioned when it was set to 300, I then set it to 1500 and didn't get it, could be a fluke though. I also tried changing the WEP manifold pressure input but all this seemed to do was changed what the cockpit gauge displayed. Its not only the Mustang that now has this feature, the TW Spitfire's have it to.