Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

May 11 updates out now!

...Dude. :blink:

the frame rate just freaking JUMPED :shok:

SidDogg

I like the idea of the fading trees and buildings function, but they fade WAY to close up. I'm trying to find a way to extend the view distance, but can't find the .ini line. Hmmm. I like the idea, but again, objects fade to close for me.

Mess around with the AntiAliasing= setting in your mod's Options.INI...

no matter what value you enter...it seems to reflect unlimited potential...

AntiAliasing=10...

post-2412-0-52804400-1305425599.jpg

post-2412-0-75561700-1305425632.jpg

...#EasterEgg?

SidDogg

somebody explain the "more Brit love" statement above???

more details on the changes would be helpfull....I hate patching; even someting (relatively) esay as SF2. Too many damn instlls...

somebody explain the "more Brit love" statement above???

On a second look, I think TK just added specular maps missing previously.

So, does new fade thing stop trees and smoke from showing through clouds?

Ejection uses a different camera now

Edited by Gr.Viper

Please! I have some big custom installs: Vietnam Gold, NATO fighters, Falklands, Israel independence and Suez, cockpits for MiGs and other AI planes....Tell me I don't have to install the whole thing again after patch! I'm planning to back up the mod folder ad copy-paste after patch. It's correct?

ojcar, for me worked simply leaving the mods folder as they were, and as I have separate executables for these, just copy the newly patched exe (in example StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe) and re-name to the name MOD exe uses (example being StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe -> WW2.exe in case of my WW2 install). All you might have to do is delete stock planes folder again after doing that (if your MOD install doesn't used them before)

edit:

regarding trees and buildings -don't know, haven't tested the clouds vs trees yet.

I think the distance is now shaders-based (TERSOLIDOBJECT.FX for buildings, TERALPHAOBJECT.FX for trees) and independent of DetailMeshSize= setting in Flightengine.ini

But I will be able to tell after TK releases new CAT tools. If so increasing the distance should be possible -if you haven't noticed trees (and only trees) were nicely fading before ONLY during overcast or inclement weather (but not at such close ranges) I was trying to duplicate the effect myself a while back but without luck

Edited by Stary

No DLC/Online manual for me in my game menus and the new fading tree's/buildings etc is stupidly close (a slider in the Graphics menu would have been ace). I'll be reinstalling the main folder to del;ete the patch as it's not worth the reduced graphical "look" of the game for the increase in fps. When the new CAT tools are out and people have modded the view distance I'll give it another go.

[TextureSet003]

Directory=USAFGrey1

Name=USAF Grey MASK-10A

Nation=USAF

Squadron=510TFS

StartDefaultDate=1992 <---------------

Specular=0.400000

Glossiness=0.400000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE <---------------

hmm these entries were previously or it something new?

The StartDefaultDate has been there for a while now, but the randomizer is new. Adds a bit to the immersion, if you ask me. Makes me wonder if I should update all of my skins, though.

Just to know.... is the Z-buffer conflict still present at airfield? What I call "quicksand effect" with structures and parked planes that disappear below the airfied as you climb.

Finally disappeared flare anomalies :clapping:

Finally disappeared flare anomalies :clapping:

those weird polygons flashing between the flares in modded versions (by me)? that's good news.

We will know more after opening the CATs... so hurry up TK with those tools!

those weird polygons flashing between the flares in modded versions (by me)?

Yes, from your mods Przemek

BTW Is it me or A-10 has slightly changed FM?

Is it me or A-10 has slightly changed FM?

You mean the way it flies sideways after losing half of the tail?

Just to know.... is the Z-buffer conflict still present at airfield? What I call "quicksand effect" with structures and parked planes that disappear below the airfied as you climb.

One of the first things I checked, and it's still there..

Am I hallucinating or the belly landing got a dedicated sound sample now? Mind, A-10 still detonates after a short slide, but it's a slide.

I mean it has slower acceleration(?) but is more maneuverable at lower speeds...

Player is no longer awarded Success Mission Rating if he

does not hit the primary target himself and AI wingman destroys

the primary target instead.

I love this feature. Put more pressure on you to get the job done.

Two improvements i noticed:

1- Clouds now don't flip, when you do a loop over the top. (The EnvironmentSystem.ini is listed in the Changelog, we'll see what else is in there, next week)

2- Smoke effects from burning objects don't disappear, once you go away from the scene and come back. They keep burning...

Am I hallucinating or the belly landing got a dedicated sound sample now? Mind, A-10 still detonates after a short slide, but it's a slide.

No you aren't. BUT I get the belly landing sound on a regular touch- down too... Odd if you hit the runway and get a crash sound...:blink:

At least in single mission mode the briefing map no longer shows enemy squadrons. Surprise!

Last 10% of 'stang's throttle are WEP.

so, it's not that bad patch it seems :clapping:

I'm personally enjoying this patch. Don't know what TK did, but my frame rates have remained at a pretty consistent 52-62fps, even with larger numbers of enemy or friendly fighters in the air, to include higher-poly models. Prior to this patch, furballs could cause a pretty steep drop, depending on what planes were in the air, or closing to the fight. Also like the ability to directly make flights attack your target - has been helpful in the aerial environment...will have to try it vs. surface targets.

Hmm, I'm not really liking what I'm reading about points system and AI. In order to get my squadron more experience, I'll often have them attack the primary target, while I provide SEAD for them, or mop up any targets of opportunity. Although not getting promoted at an unrealistic rate is nice.

We'll see...

-S