Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

Brand new DM and FM now ready!

HPW............thanks....but no worries. Happens every week......I'm a freelance cameraman.....plenty of work for the moment...just not Mon-Fri 9-5. Today we're shooting recreations of a swindler's murder in a Greenwich, CT. mansion....the cops like the wife for it but the prosecutors think the ripped off investors got him. A mini-Madoff stabbed in the neck tied to a boiler pipe in the basement....should be nice and gruesome!!!

My wife grew up in Greenwich, CT. She didn't really fit in with the whole "rich folk" mentality but it is generally a pretty nice place other than your random murders. The other famous one being the Martha Moxley murder in which Michael Skakel was found guilty decades later.

Herr Prop-Wasche - help! I need some clarifying!

I can extract the Allied and the German zip files into the Mods folder.

Then I can also activate the German FM.

But when I try to activate also the Allied FM, I receive a warning.

Is there only supposed to be one FM at the time, depending on what side I am flying???

Olham, there must be something wrong with your installation. I've been installing them in any order and don't get any messages. Inside the mods folder, I first have this: HPW_AlliedFMPack_1.0 (or the German one), then inside it the aircraft folder, and inside it all the various aircraft.

Olham:

I too installed all three packages (Ultimate DM, allied FM and German FM) on two difference PC's yesterday with out any conflicting messages either time.

Sounds like there is something wrong with either your install or downloads.

I have installed all three packages into the Mods folder, that is not the problem.

The problem occurs, when I try to move them all to the right side in the JGME.

Here is how it looks, when I first activate the DM, and then also the German FM.

The DM line is getting grey.

At the bottom though, it says, 3 mods are activated.

Does it look the same your end, Hasse Wind and Panama?

Edited by Olham

It looks the same way for mine too, Olham. I think that just means there are certain directories that are both mods are changing so it's warning you of a potential conflict between the two mods. I don't believe any actual conflict happens though. At least it all works for me.

Hellshade

Here is how it looks, when I first activate the DM, and then also the German FM.

The DM line is getting grey.

At the bottom though, it says, 3 mods are activated.

Does it look the same your end, Hasse Wind and Panama?

Olham, mine looks basically the same as yours, but like the other guys i have no trouble getting all three Mods activated on the right side of the JSGME screen.

Not sure whay you should be having problems. What error message do you get? Could that '1917 Active Sector' mod you have installed be causing a conflict?

It's not really an error message - it says, that there is already another "aircraft" folder in the activated mod,

and that it could cause problems to activate the second mod.

This is what I get (Windows 7):

But I have made a testing sortie, and it seems to work.

It was harder to shoot the Nieuports down, and the FM of the Albatros D.V was improved in that way,

that it felt a little more agile to me now.

So I think both mods worked.

Now I also want to activate the "Allied FM".

Edited by Olham

How strange. Everything seems to be like it should. I also use Bletchley's mods like Olham, and I'm not getting any errors. Besides, those mods don't have anything to do with the aircraft folder.

The mods are in an "aircraft" folder, Hasse Wind. Just unzip one to desktop, and check it.

Each of them has it's own "aircraft" folder.

And that caused the warning, it seems.

Well, I guess the mods are working in my case.

The Albatros D.Va felt different enough, although I can't yet put my finger on, what has changed.

And the DM seemed to cause, that the fight went much longer than before, as Hellshade said.

We clashed with S.E.5a from RFC-56, and it was a terrible scrap!

It took longer to destroy an S.E.5 or an Albatros, and that was fun to watch, Herr Prop-Wasche!

But then I must have watched it all too much, and not checked my six enough.

One...

I sent down smouldering -

Two

I modified into a monoplane, but then -

Three

the boys from 56 Sqdn tried something similar with my Albatros.

I just managed to survive a crash landing (thank you, OFF Manager!), but now I'm a PoW.

I have no aircraft folder in my Bletchley mods.

But whatever is/was the problem, good to know that everything seems to work fine. :drinks:

Prop - I enjoy anything that tries to improve the FM and DM of OFF.

The only a/c I tried out so far was the Pup. I tried to stall her but really had a hard time doing so.

I could literally stand it on it's tail vertically, until it gently fell off the vertical and righted itself, without any, to much help from me.

I only bring this up as the readme said that with the Pup, you tried to negate this tendancy.

As to the speeds I can't comment as I don't fly the Pup very much.

Keep up the good work on the FM's ;>)

Regards,

Royce

Edited by cptroyce

In my past experiences with mods and pc gaming.

JSGME = Don't touch with a fifty foot pole.

But then again, those are just "MY" experiences.

Hasse Wind, there is no "aircraft" folder in the "Bletchley mods" - those are mission mods.

The "aircraft" folders are in

1. Allied FM

2. German FM

3. Ultimate DM

Guys, about that "error" problem...is not really an error, it's a warning that two or more mods are merged together.

ie you are putting a mod over the other.

(the first mod's name will then be look as grayed, meaning that can't be deactivated if the superimposed mod isn't deactivated first).

Nothing wrong with that, only if you want, for any reason to deactivate the mods, you have to do it in the exact opposite sequence.

(JSGME will remember and will turn from gray to black the next mod of the merged ones that can be deactivated.) :grin:

:salute:

Edited by elephant

It's not really an error message - it says, that there is already another "aircraft" folder in the activated mod,

and that it could cause problems to activate the second mod.

This is what I get (Windows 7):

Hi Olham. If you look in the DM and the FM mod folders and you will see that each mod has a subset of all the standard OFF aircraft files, but the files within each mod do not overlap so there should be no conflict or file overwriting between the two mods..

It seems JSGME is just warning you that the various aircraft file folders already exist, which is a bit silly. Maybe it is just the 2.2 version of JSGME you are using, giving unnecessary warnings? I am using v2.6.0.157 and seems to work well

Think you nailed it, elephant - that is exactly what I found out too.

So it all seems to worl fine - and it is really a great new DM.

(For the FM, I need to fly more tests to be able to say anything about it).

Sorry to not get back to you sooner, Olham, but I have been offline all day.

I don't know what may be causing your conflict. I have tried all three mods in various combinations, including all three at the same time, and I never have had a warning from JSGME. Perhaps there is a JSGME setting that lets you know if two or more mods are using the same folders, in addition to the same files? Although all three mods use the aircraft folder, none of the files in the aircraft folder in the three mods are the same, so there should not be a problem.

For example, the damage model mod uses the .xdp and .bdp files in the aircraft folder, while the flight model mods use the .cfg and .air files in the aircraft folder, so there should not be a conflict.

Perhaps the order you are activating the mods is making a difference? Try activating the DM first, followed by the German, then the Allied FM mods.

Regarding the Albatros DVa, I may have become confused about "when" the aircraft engineers managed to fix the wing breakage problem. My understanding was that the problem was pretty much fixed by the time the DVa came along. Perhaps it was not fixed until the DVa 200? If the DVa still had the problem, I should probably release an update to increase the odds of it happening to the DVa.

As always, though, thanks for the input.

HPW, I guess the warning came up, because I have previously deleted the "aircraft" folder in "Mods",

together with all older mods. I wanted to start clean, so to say.

Now the first mod created it's own "aircraft" folder.

When I installed the second, the warning came up.

The warning didn't say something bad WOULD happen, but that it MAY happen.

So I think it was just trying to tell me, that there was already a folder called "aircraft",

and that things MIGHT get overwritten.

But as you said - the files are all different, and so I think it now works.

I have 4 mods in the right half, and the bottom line reads: "4 mods activated".

Should be alright now. And I'm looking forward to a great weekend. Thank you, Sir! :good:

Regarding the Albatros DVa, I may have become confused about "when" the aircraft engineers managed to fix the wing breakage problem.

My understanding was that the problem was pretty much fixed by the time the DVa came along. Perhaps it was not fixed until the DVa 200?

If the DVa still had the problem, I should probably release an update to increase the odds of it happening to the DVa.

Herr Prop-Wasche, from what I have read, the wing failure problem was reduced a lot by the stabilizer.

This stabiliser was attached as a field modification already as early as on the Albatros D.III !

I could not find anything about how many Jastas did this, but I know that Jasta 11 did; and I bet, that

this word spread fast.

Here are two pics - one Albatros D.III OAW, and one Albatros D.V (not D.Va !), which do already carry the stabiliser.

I bet one would find many more examples, because even if the factories did not change their productions, it would

be easy to mass-produce such parts and attach them in the field. Everything else would be stupid.

(The D.V was taken from "WingnutWings" and is from Greg vanWyngarden's great collection.)

Edited by Olham

I have all the latests mods downloaded and ready to go and I will be giving them a try when my current campaign pilot's career comes to a close. Thanks again Herr Prop-Wasche for all your time and labour on this. Much appreciated Sir.