Wow!! This one starts to look amazingly cool! Will we get the soviet versions too?

Nope only the US version :hi:

Well I saw a pic with Iraqi markings, thats why I ask.

Well I saw a pic with Iraqi markings, thats why I ask.

Really? I could have sworn that they were McDonald's markings?  As for me, I'm waiting for the KFC textures, and Wrench is supposedly working on the 335th BK (Burger King) skin.  As for Dave, well...... :blink:

• Like 1

Really? I could have sworn that they were McDonald's markings?  As for me, I'm waiting for the KFC textures, and Wrench is supposedly working on the 335th BK (Burger King) skin.  As for Dave, well...... :blink:

I think the most CA people want beer marking !

Dont worry all the major operators will be covered, like Carlsberg, Heineken (that's the red star you see) and Budweiser.

Also, some minor versions might be covered, like the interceptors of the Soviet PVO and the RB variants of the VVS.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

• Like 2

Dont worry all the major operators will be covered, like Carlsberg, Heineken (that's the red star you see) and Budweiser.

Also, some minor versions might be covered, like the interceptors of the Soviet PVO and the RB variants of the VVS.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Great news!! We wil be able to intercept the Valkyries in FastCargo comic.

@ Stratos

Sorry I couldn`t resist

We are optimising the model and will show some nice pics I think this or next week, some ingame pics btw 

I am getting completely destroyed trying to animate the main gear of the MiG-25. I just cant figure out what part should go where in what sequence. Adding to that is 3ds max super sucky animations. I guess I should build a rig for this and animate it thru inverse kinematics but I only ever did that on Maya and it will probably be a long time to make it work.... I really need help on this one.. anything guys, a diagram, a video or whatever. If someone has DCS they could give a look how the AI MiG-25 landing gear deploys?

If anyone could help I would be really grateful!

That is one cool plastic model for sure. Me and Martin are chipping away at this bird, martin is working the fuselage good! I finally got the main gears animated in a satisfactory manner (for now with my currents refs). I am now working the templates, it is an interesting bird to texture because of the differences to other aircraft, with steel skin and welds, not so many rivets but a lot of screws around the access panels et cetera. Remapping this bird was the right decision, now I can cram a lot of detail into the template.. Here is a early WIP to show the approximate detail level, hopefully will be able to add Comrads stencils and so for even more realism.

Very very very gooooooooooooooooooooood!!! :biggrin:

http://www.scalespot.com/gallery/aircraft/mig25pd/mig25pd.htm

Also, welcome to Combat Ace!

templates1.jpg

• Like 1

This Mig is coming up very nice and detailed! Good job.
This video maybe can help to understand how the complex gear move during retraction. From minute 15:00

• Like 2

Awesome! Can't wait to fly this bird trying to get Mach 3.

Here are some progress pics, we are working hard on it and try to deliver the best possible product you can imagine. This plane is a "Box" with wings! 

post-8289-0-91188200-1398079611_thumb.jpg

on this pic the wing roots are not corrected as on the others ;)

post-8289-0-97378600-1398079614_thumb.jpg

post-8289-0-25270200-1398079617_thumb.jpg

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 6

seen mig 25 and they are fekkin huuuuuuuuuuge

2 engines with a bit of skin around em lol

Edited by russouk2004

The importance of Martins modeling contribution to this project can not be overestimated, he has been a huge help fixing the external models different problems! Just compare these shots with my own work a few pages back  :biggrin:

This Mig is coming up very nice and detailed! Good job.

This video maybe can help to understand how the complex gear move during retraction. From minute 15:00

That is a great video! Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I am back in the saddle, working on the cockpit to make all the functions work now. All the experience accumulated while building the F.1 pit with Crusader will be put to good use. I also have Starys Su-7 pit to study some functions.

But I need your help, to type out the russian labels on the lights. The best way would be a PSD file with the texts in correct places but just plain text here on the forums works good too. Also, I don't know what the three big landing gear lights are saying, so a translation for that would be good too! Thanks in advance guys!

lights.jpg

renders26.jpg

• Like 7

I think they are saying...gear up gear down?...lol no idea comrade...did search and found nothing...russian speaker needed...

pits looking good C m8

Edited by russouk2004

Man i was hoping you didn't leave this behind and then you came back! That is awesome! Keep up the good work m8, i'l be waiting :D