Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

Major step (for me):

ingame1.jpg

In-game and actually sits on the runway without blowing up :beach:

Now where did those pilots go?

Prospects for this projects are looking very good indeed! Almost all of the fiddly stuff is done, leaving only things I enjoy like texturing and uvmapping. Some final kinks to be straightened out on the fuselage before that and some minor details that need modeling + cutting out control surfaces and airbrake.

• Like 2

pilots are out of place

so do this

put a point helper were the pilots should be.

export the aircraft againg

open the out file whit notepad

scroll donw and you will find the cordinates at the bottom

if that does not work check the data for typo or missing sistem entrys etc.

btw for the shadow issue cut the fuse in two or three parts and same for wings game screws shadows wend the mesh has too many polys above 2500 +-.

hope ths helps you

Edited by cocas

Very, very nice progress, Centurion-1. Do you plan to add fuel tanks under the wings (like on the 3-view drawing above) as part of the aircraft model?

I am now getting crashes on export, anybody has any clue on what it might mean?

Nevermind, the main fuselage had to many polys. Works again now!

Also, the edit function does not work for me on the new forum software, using Google Chrome on Win7 64bit

meshes whit over 5000 ircc cause exporter to crash that another reason to cut fuse in parts i learned the hard way i you just did too

meshes whit over 5000 ircc cause exporter to crash that another reason to cut fuse in parts i learned the hard way i you just did too

I too learned the hard way .. had to cut my fuselage into 4 pieces (was forced to collapse my mesh after sub division and then cut it..)

regards

More progress:

a37ig2.jpg

a37ig3.jpg

a37ig4.jpg

The textures are ofcourse only placeholders, the wings are not finished yet still some small details to be modeled. I am going away for the weekend so I don't know how much progress there will be the next few days but I will bring my laptop.

Very, very nice progress, Centurion-1. Do you plan to add fuel tanks under the wings (like on the 3-view drawing above) as part of the aircraft model?

Yeah I think so, I haven't looked into how it is set up yet but..

Does anyone know why my glass material is not showing up?? I had the same problem with the old model but forgot how I fixed it!

• Like 2

BTW, don´t forget the shadow bug! :grin:

Shadow bugs are very hard to fix im sure his on it just dint get fix yet i had many trys before on my WIP

BTW, don´t forget the shadow bug! :grin:

Shadow bugs are very hard to fix im sure his on it just dint get fix yet i had many trys before on my WIP

Most of the time you are facing two shadow bugs. The well known "tractor beams" and this one, a mesh just producing no shadow.

The tractor beam issue can be a pain to fix, the single mesh - shadow MIGHT been easy to fix.

The reason for a mesh not rendering a shadow is almost every time a too high polycount on this mesh, so reducing them by cutting the mesh into pieces will solve it. But there´s the possibility the cutting causes those tractor beam shadows.

Best way is to try it! :cool:

Ingame shots of progress:

a37ig5.jpg

a37ig6.jpg

a37ig7.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the A-37B actually loaded with a sidewinder?

Also, were there ever Chaff/Flare dispensers fitted to the aircraft and if so where?

Ingame shots of progress:

a37ig5.jpg

a37ig6.jpg

a37ig7.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the A-37B actually loaded with a sidewinder?

Also, were there ever Chaff/Flare dispensers fitted to the aircraft and if so where?

Oh My!!! she looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!

aaaahhhhh! how beautiful it looks already! :air_kiss:

And now, the much wanted FOD screens, fully animated. Hope I got it right, took a few do-overs. Close ups of the IFR probe are wanted, btw!

a37ig8.jpg

a37ig9.jpg

a37ig10.jpg

Do you happen to have a picture of one of those? I've also noted the strangeness but didn't know what to put there :dunno:

Thanks for the feedback guys, maybe if all goes well this bird will be flying on your computers as well sometimes soon!

Well, the AIM-9 launch rail is designated LAU-7/A, here are a few reference pics:

post-9545-0-32239800-1349462167.jpg

post-9545-0-28981300-1349462180.jpg