Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

that's comming along quite NICE!!!

My brain has turned to mush because of too much work today, I've really beaten myself to get the A-37B done! I think that is is now further along than anything I've made so far, only couple of mish stuff to be modeled and mapped on the main model!

Enjoy:

a37ig11.jpg

a37ig12.jpg

a37ig13.jpg

a37ig14.jpg

Also, Soulfreak, what's your schedule like?

http://s11.postimage.org/6o90c7ikj/a37ig15.jpg

• Like 2

Are you going to d the South Vietnamese version as well? (the one without the air refueling device)

Yes, I will do both a version with the short IFR probe, the long (pictured) as well as the one without. The shadow bug is elusive and I am now considering to abandon the meshsmoothing, and just adding some detail where needed manually. It is not very natural to cut up the fuselage in many pieces just to make shadows work, in the pictures the fuselage is in 4 or 5 pieces and the mid node still does not shadow properly.. Annoying! What do you think?

i have the same prob on my Su-33KUB and i would suggest to ask Ravenclaw for help, cause he is so far the master of ultra high poly models . he gets everything working in this sim ;)

OK, I guess I'm gonna have to speak to him then. In the mean time, I opted to just try the baseline mesh out ingame, and I must say I don't think the difference is that huge. Certainly not worth the hassle in my opinion. If there is an easy way to circumwent it then yeah, sure, I'll use the hi-poly model but knowing the engine and exporter limitations I'm guessing there is no easy work around.

That said, here's the plane as it is now. Still gotta do some small antennas and missile rails but overall I'm rather happy. Now comes the texturing part! Also, what are the "official" colours to use in SF2 south-east asia camo?

a37ig16.jpg

a37ig17.jpg

a37ig18.jpg

http://postimage.org/gallery/189yur3k/

• Like 1

Thx guys!

Soulfreak would you like to do some textures for it? It is nearing completion model-wise and as it seems I might not have as much time for modding in the coming months so maybe you'd like to make some texture work for it?

Sure Mate!

btw, are you planning a T-37 too?

Edited by Soulfreak

Any news about the plane?

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Not dead.

Thanks to Sophocles amazing F-5 instruments and switches I could cobble together a new cockpit in record time. Still not done obviously but the time-result ratio is pretty good I'd say. External model is also pretty far along even tho it needs some small details still.

img00069.JPG

• Like 7

That looks absolutely great Centurion - keep it up!  :biggrin:

Thanks guys, as said it is 95% sophocles work, a monkey could have made this out of his work.. err, well almost. If any one of you guys how good refs could you provide me with some loadouts that would be realistic?

Update:

img00072.JPG

• Like 4

Love the 'NAM stuff guys - and kudos to both Centurion and Sophocles for your joint support of each other.  I know it's probably not the detailed load-out you're looking for, but here's at least a quick rip to point us in the right direction:  "Combat loads included high-explosive bombs, cluster munition dispensers, unguided rocket packs, napalm tanks, and the SUU-11/A Minigun pod. For most missions, the aircraft also carried two additional external fuel tanks on the inner stores pylons."

Also, here's an authentic photo from late Vietnam-era just in case it can help. 

Keep up the great work!

post-13298-0-98603800-1394190109.jpg

Edited by swambast