Jug

Attempting bringing the A-37B into SF2 Vietnam

Was wondering the same thing; if there were any updates...this looks awesome and I hope the work continues!

Cent has been in and out for a while now. 

A question about the real A-37. The variants still flying around got any kind of update program? I mean do they use modern HUDS, NVG and bombing computers or still a classic gunsight and Mk.I eyeball? There are still some of those puppies flying around and I got curious. the same question applies for AIM-9. Any user can mount Sidewinders on the little Cessna?

@Stratos, here our new scheme and mock missiles attached (lacking the launching rails)

post-37878-0-18487400-1443022014_thumb.jpg

post-37878-0-81023300-1443022028.jpg

post-37878-0-07203000-1443022047_thumb.jpg

post-37878-0-76645400-1443022062.jpg

Great, El Salvador can use the AIM-9. any info on those cockpits? Were ever updated?

Still holding out for this one; looks awesome!

man this is an old thread!   an update......

am currently working on wrapping up Centurions work AS IS for release. there will be an OA-37B released first,  then A-37B_76  both with the refuel probes.

only other skin i am planning on working is a Dhimar and South Vietnam skins (if no one else starts the VNAF). 

double checking decal ini work and all else as we speak. 

A-37B regular without the refuel probe will be released when the above mentioned skins are done. by observation vietnam era birds did not have the probe while post nam birds did have them

here is who i have so far for contributors,  if im missing you or what you contributed please set me straight before release.

Centurion-1: original model, template and mapping work
Crusader:Cockpit, data.ini tweaks
Wrench:various ini tweaks
Eole: research and loading screens

Flogger23: Peru and Ecuador skins
Daddyairplanes:USAF skins, final wrap up, template tweaks and decal.ini setup

contact me here prior to release for questions comments or screaming, will get ya into the PMs if need be.

• Like 8

post-9101-0-84644900-1464204630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eole
  • Like 6

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the RVN air force used the "all six positions" for the national insigina, but followed USAF style; upper left, lower right, and both side of fuselage

• Like 1

"correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the RVN air force used the "all six positions" for the national insigina, but followed USAF style; upper left, lower right, and both side of fuselage"

I re checked all my references and finally found the 2 correct national insignia patterns :

Early : both side of fuselage only + fin flash on the rudder,

Later :both side of fuselage +  upper left, lower right Wings + fin flash on the rudder,

Ty for the head up.

post-9101-0-86229600-1464217010_thumb.jpg

post-9101-0-68631900-1464216619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eole
  • Like 7

:biggrin:

pleasure!

Once, one T-37 was taxying very close to me and I can say. It´s sounds prety much weird! The best sound available on our "sounds inventory" that matchs with the AT-37 is the one for Yak-15. :good:

Once, one T-37 was taxying very close to me and I can say. It´s sounds prety much weird! The best sound available on our "sounds inventory" that matchs with the AT-37 is the one for Yak-15. :good:

interior sound.

CL

• Like 2

Awesome! The hangars of our hard disks are waiting for this plane :-)

524th FS 62nd Wing,2nd Air Division Nha Trang AB 1969

post-9101-0-92673600-1464367265_thumb.jpg

post-9101-0-80937500-1464367337_thumb.jpg

post-9101-0-73241200-1464367366_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hope it will be here in two weeks.

• Like 1

The plane looks realy nice, sad is Mats isnt here around anymore

Yes sad, the annoying thing : we don't have the external and cockpit model Max files, so the only thing we can do : make the better with what we have.

I have him at FB, I can PM him, and tell him the fortunate news that we will take over his Mig-25 and this little bird, so if there is any interest, he can send me the file,

So I can PM them to you  :biggrin:

Lets cross the fingers 

• Like 2

Thank you Martin I'm crossing my fingers with you just a wish if ever you got the max files please send them to Wrench, I'm not the person in charge for this project

Edited by Eole

indeed, if we have the max files, we can find someone to make any needed fixes. Hopefully!