FC2 is better terrain and graphics than FC1 , apart from other changes - improvements. FC3 is DCS graphics - terrain , (better than FC2) amongst other numerous game improvements again, and allows you to join a multiplayer theatre of awesome graphics with KA-50, or A-10C, or as ground forces controller or as one of the FC3 flyables - including the reds (which TW has not too)

Terrain is more or less the same let's get clear on that, I have FC2 and yes it's nice polished LockOn but that's it, however the terrain and overall graphics are unreasonably demanding, my terrain benchmark to this day is il2 with amazing details, solid complexity and runs smooth as butter even on ancient machines. LOMAC never had that you always needed top notch state of the art computer to run that game.

So basically it's the same old flyables on a same old terrain, sure nice, polished and updated but content-wise it offers nothing new unless you are an on-line type of player and on top of that modding is almost discouraged instead encouraged.

Mind you I'm not saying LOMAC is a bad product, quite the contrary but I find all this praise waay to much

The terrains of ED standards i believe are worth paying as separates. Now if Nevada is worth 20 usd, will have to see more videos and screens and what actually comes with when its out, to judge.

Maybe they are but like I said they are also much more demanding, I would even say unreasonably demanding so they ask for way more $$$ than what's on the pricetag...

As for Nevada it's a training terrain, for 20$ I think that's too much but I understand the fan-base wanting it no matter what...

TK has correctly moved to a more effective profit wise strategy some time ago, but i think he is overdoing it maybe now .... i am having serious thoughts the past few days about buying from TW again ......

Just being honest

Ok, glad you are honest, so then we wont see you in this thread anymore. Move along.

• Like 1

Say, anyone noticed that at least ground object rendering distance doesn't depend on FOV at all. If Kiev just appeared on the horizon in zoomed in view, it's there in fully zoomed out as well.

Say, anyone noticed that at least ground object rendering distance doesn't depend on FOV at all. If Kiev just appeared on the horizon in zoomed in view, it's there in fully zoomed out as well.

And its reflection is there, as well.....

BTW, TK & company added a new dll file....crusiemissile.dll :idea:

BTW, TK & company added a new dll file....crusiemissile.dll :idea:

Now WW2 mods can have V1, V2, Mistel...

And target drones.

Now WW2 mods can have V1, V2, Mistel...

And target drones.

And, Kamikazes.....

Now if Nevada is worth 20 usd

would you (and only you!) pay me 20 bucks for otherwise free Green Hell 3 HD?

no..?

see, some things should be free, FC2 as much as "nice" it is should have other terrain than Georgia from start

Flew a set of missions, and I have to say I feel I spent my money well. Engaging multiple targets with the AWG-9 is something I've missed for a long time (yes, I still run Fleet Defender thru DOSBox, but having that capability in a modern sim, even if somewhat simplified, is so satisfying). The F-14 does feel a bit sluggish, and the roll rate seems low (you can get a higher roll rate by snap-rolling the aircraft, i.e. rudder opposite stick), but what I like (apart from the carrier ops/F-14) are the possibilities this sim has opened up for current and future mods. One of the biggest aspects IS the multi-target engagement. Current-gen aircraft with AMRAAM and advanced radar can engage multiple targets at once, and the possibility of adding this capability to aircraft like the F-22, F-35, or current 4.5 generation variants of the F/A-18 and F-16 has now been opened. The swing-wing, even if nothing more than visual, has been modeled and could feasibly be applied to mods like the Tornado, Fitter and Aardvark.

There are still bugs, yes, but I like what I see so far.

...and knocking three Badgers out of the air at once was so friggin' awesome!

would you (and only you!) pay me 20 bucks for otherwise free Green Hell 3 HD?

no..?

see, some things should be free, FC2 as much as "nice" it is should have other terrain than Georgia from start

I'd pay for your terrain mods !! :D They are worth it . Especially if you released a NEW theatre. I dont know now how much i would be willing to pay for that, and again i have to see what Nevada is about actually first and then decide and yes more than indeed Lockon should had come with other active terrain options looong time ago .....

And target drones.

Hah, that will be fun in the Range Terrains :D

Range Controller aircraft launching target drones :D Quite awesome, myyes.

Hah, that will be fun in the Range Terrains :D

or do I smell new spy drones for TSF? :D

Having excellent time flying the missions... Gotto love all the new features TK has given us.

Actually I'm glad he didn't release the CAT Utility right away :grin:

It's so exciting to think of all the new mods we're gonna build !

• Like 1

Terrain is more or less the same let's get clear on that, I have FC2 and yes it's nice polished LockOn but that's it, however the terrain and overall graphics are unreasonably demanding, my terrain benchmark to this day is il2 with amazing details, solid complexity and runs smooth as butter even on ancient machines. LOMAC never had that you always needed top notch state of the art computer to run that game.

So basically it's the same old flyables on a same old terrain, sure nice, polished and updated but content-wise it offers nothing new unless you are an on-line type of player and on top of that modding is almost discouraged instead encouraged.

Mind you I'm not saying LOMAC is a bad product, quite the contrary but I find all this praise waay to much

Maybe they are but like I said they are also much more demanding, I would even say unreasonably demanding so they ask for way more $ than what's on the pricetag...

As for Nevada it's a training terrain, for 20$ I think that's too much but I understand the fan-base wanting it no matter what...

FC2 / BS2 terrain Indeed its polished FC1, but still, improved. (eg, gong back to FC1/lockon i could feel the difference and wanted to go back to the FC2 eyecandy) The demanding is even maybe an understatement ... But there are workarounds for that making it possible to achieve a golden medium between looks and performance - just like the terrain detail / horizon distance in NA) The moding situation is eventually changing and from what i heard its planned to change significantly.

Me too, i am not saying SF2 is a bad product. I am not even saying ED is the best. FAR from it. ED pages are full of my remarks on things their product is weak and wrong. And the perfomance issues is indeed of its worst and most important flaws.

You have also a point indeed in the aspect of if you don't own a higher spec rig at least you have the TW option, saving you the huge bucks eaten by hardware. But as i said still there are workarounds for ED performance, while if you are new buyer you need 60 usd to not be stuck with two flyables, and you cant escape an outdated environment. Thank god though ofcourse theres the modding community which raises SF to a gorgeous level. SF and ED stuff are different things , i used the ED example only to state that more or less TW exists in a specific market that has some competition. I am not saying i regret buying it. But saying that contemplating if i will keep on buying (unless he changes smth in his policy) . That if he keeps on like that, maybe there would be financially not much TW left to produce titles / DLC / updates ... That i am sometimes frustrated , seeing this huge potential unexploited and kind of lets say self-sabotaged. Because it does exist either he or we want it or not, in the middle of a market that extends beyond us here, and it has competition issues / pricing in that market. At least in the way i see it ... (And if it wasn't for the wonderful choices provided by the modders i think it would have long lost most of the market merit i has.) And because i absolutely dont want TW to go out of business is another one of the reasons i have been a customer so far.

Edited by squid

squid, ED/DCS are closed products, TW are created as sandboxes with modding in mind

20 bucks you say????.....

.....hmmm.....

maybe the Persian Gulf and Central America terrains should go payware??????....

I sure as f*** could use the money (have to split it with Gepard for PG, as it was his original TFD/HFD I rebuilt). Central America is all mine, though...

....food for thought.....

20 bucks you say????.....

.....hmmm.....

maybe the Persian Gulf and Central America terrains should go payware??????....

I sure as f*** could use the money (have to split it with Gepard for PG, as it was his original TFD/HFD I rebuilt). Central America is all mine, though...

....food for thought.....

Kevin NO NO and NO

I was just giving squid something to think about regarding FC1/FC2, a comparision lets say, to put things into perspective

I'm not and won't go payware :no:

Edited by Stary

Yeap ... that sounds quite amateurishly made ... like the homescreens which look like there has been effort put intentionally to make them as cheap and uggly as possible .... Whats with that? no radio transmission fx plugins available around for TW sound editing software ? ..... I am not saying NA is not worth. (Not 30 usd though) Ofcourse it is. Adds on one side a new potential base with major changes - improvements in various parts of the games core. But they are not yet visible or porjected / promoted as they should. Still keeping the ugly wrapping and something so easy to improve to proper standards : clouds etc : That is all WRONG marketing . It looks more like a big update / patch + throwing in a flyable tomcat and phoenix. For 30 USD i will get later this year Flaming Cliffs 3 which is HEAPS away from NA. - Think that: If you get just NA, for 30 dollars, you only get a flyable tomcat and a corsair and a dull outdated visually terrain . Thats all. Smth like buying Seven-G for 30 USD ...

Paying 30usd for Flaming Cliffs 3 (or even Flaming Cliffs 2) you get galactically more product. You may need to spend maybe 10 usd more to acquire a copy of original Lockon if you don't have one already, then again you need another 30 usd to buy another SF2 title -so to get some decent number of flyables more- and if its Europe you get a joke of a terrain ....

TK has correctly moved to a more effective profit wise strategy some time ago, but i think he is overdoing it maybe now .... i am having serious thoughts the past few days about buying from TW again ......

Just being honest

You have some valid points, but I do think that we as a community are going to do some amazing things with the terrain engine and the new features. Also on the thirdwire forums TK stated that he has already planned new features and that they will be coming in future patches. I hear ya on the clouds its my main pet peeve... we need our wide sky back!!!

Whoa....nice OHP model....we get both an early version, and a later (1982) long-hull!

img00013.JPG

img00014.JPG

And Sid, this Big Boy shows up every time I need it too!

img00015.JPG

Edited by Fubar512

Everyone, I just ran an exparment. I took the latest F-22A and changed the AvionicsDLL from "Avionics70.dll" to "AvionicsDLL=AvionicsF14A.dll" in the F-22A.INI file. I then flew an intercept mission. I set the radar to TWS mode and selected the AIM-120C. I then followed the procedure outlined for F-14 in the manual, no shootlist number apeared on the display, however I ripple fired 4 AMRAAMS anyway. Each of the 4 hit a separate target!

Edited by KJakker
  • Like 1

I have lomac/FC1/2DCS and sure , they are in many ways far superior to SF series , but still i spend 95% of my flightsim time in Strike fighters 2 . Its somewhat fun to master all the systems in lomac/FC1/2DCS but after a while i start thinking how much better a sidewinder would be with a multimegaton warhead and FTL drive or fly some planes from the 40s 50´s 60´s 70´s 80´s 90´s or present i any of the larger conflicts since ww2 or just make som semicrazy whatif plane with some simple ini editing . In my computer lomac/FC1/2DCS cant compete with SF series , even if it does so many thing som much "better".

Edit: Just love SF2NA , thanks TK.

Edited by Klargplutte
  • Like 1

And Sid, this Big Boy shows up every time I need it too!

Hmmm... is that without having to save and edit the mission in mid-campaign?

:dntknw:

SidDogg

Kevin NO NO and NO

I was just giving squid something to think about regarding FC1/FC2, a comparision lets say, to put things into perspective

I'm not and won't go payware :no:

i still owe you 20 though , (just me ok?) lol

ok

here's the bug, I can confirm, after some 5-6 missions you start right in the middle of hell:

post-8911-0-09979800-1331499863.jpg

patch, anyone?

yah, no matter how broke I get, I just can't see that happening. Been too long building stuff for free.

And there's the quality measurement -- paywhere has to be better than ANYTHING produced by The Manufacturer ™ (which, in many casses of terrains, is actually true...as 3rd party modders working for free, we can take the time and make things super-detailed and accurate, as we have no budget constraints)

like you, just trying to smack a little sense into some thick skulls

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hmmm... is that without having to save and edit the mission in mid-campaign?

Here's an idea for you Sidd.

Rename the folder/INI of Iowa to something like GearingFRAM1B. Or any other that randomly show up in carrier groups.

You could get the Iowa whenever the GearingFRAM1B were to be

Well without the CAT extractor this is a shot in the dark really, the new ships probably have certain ini parameters to have them included in there.. :blink:

Edited by PureBlue

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..