+1

I'm so puzzled nolimitsonya gets a reply from TK for every fracking message he writes. Many many other basic questions from old members get ignored or a quick answer and its done.

Then just because a handful (sometimes just one!) complain about a piece of code, TK goes out and changes unbroken stuff to satisfy... so we end up with broken patches....

What a waste of time replying to pages of threads instead of chasing bugs and improving on what we already have..

Wrench, Dave, and myself have discussed this many times before. One crybaby, who's total contribution to the series is equivalent to a gnat's fart in a whirlwind, and who's posts are about as irrelevant as a coat hanger in a nudist colony, often gets TK's attention, and usually to the detriment of 90% of TK's core audience.

• Like 2

Maybe Nolimitsoya is Obama and TK is afraid of being sent to Gitmo if he doesn't do as he says.

Edited by Julhelm
  • Dislike 2

Wrench, Dave, and myself have discussed this many times before. One crybaby, who's total contribution to the series is equivalent to a gnat's fart in a whirlwind, and who's posts are about as irrelevant as a coat hanger in a nudist colony, often gets TK's attention, and usually to the detriment of 90% of TK's core audience.

Another candidate for quote of the day!

F*ckin A bubba....

• Dislike 1

Like I said. Nolimitsoya = POTUS. Occam's razor says there can be no other credible explanation.

And that would mean I just called POTUS a toiletclogging troglodyte. Good times.

• Dislike 1

Okay I am going to state the obvious here -Personally I believe the biggest step we could take right now is to gain a full understanding of the inner workings of the new terrain engine. If TK is unwilling to engage in a dialogue on this issue, a new cat extractor utility must be developed.

• Like 1

I'm starting to honestly believe TK doesn't know how to code his own game to be honest. Maybe he never did in the first place, he's always hired other people to do it for him. I don't know. But the constant excuses make me wonder, because you see all these indie devs out there that code new features in mere days, and TK can't even make simple revisions to the sim on his own.

Well whatever the case - he actually got a sim/game out and has made it a viable business for over 10 years - DCS are also moving to a similar business model - thats more then most others can say.

What other indie devs are we talking about?

Would say its more a case of him not wanting to make changes to the sim - not to speculate on whether its just agenda driven or not.

I wouldn't hold your breath for the DSU-15/B DLC though........... :lol:

Okay I am going to state the obvious here -Personally I believe the biggest step we could take right now is to gain a full understanding of the inner workings of the new terrain engine.

I've spend countless hours trying to, seems the new engine is completely modder-unfriendly :this: there are also the now-locked new shaders that make any terrain Iccelandish basalt graying when you move towards them, even lust pacific greens

Okay I am going to state the obvious here -Personally I believe the biggest step we could take right now is to gain a full understanding of the inner workings of the new terrain engine. If TK is unwilling to engage in a dialogue on this issue, a new cat extractor utility must be developed.

This is what Stary has been asking for - I would also like to see the terrain files opened up myself - I can forgive putting out a rubbish terrain if it can be improved upon (this has always been the compromise) - and nothing to steal if its ancient technology as some have stated.

... if its ancient technology as some have stated.

problem is it's not ancient technology MB, problem is it's very Iceland specific one (read: empty volcanic/icy/steppish) so nogo for lush South America terrain etc. at the moment. Also really really unfriendly -ons has to connect land mesh parts via coordinates in ini file, a thing that could be automated batch process as far as I know, so far I gave up on cracking it, I can contribute more by doing good old tilesets/treemods to older still functional maps. Miss the new water though

so nogo for lush South America terrain etc.

maybe on lod-based. Using your GreenHell works just fine Old School, as I'm using that for Central America. Now, the ObjectFade, and draw distances for the jungle might need some increase (hate that fade...)

(hate that fade...)

me too, tried doing something with then unlocked teralphaobject shader to increase it but it seems hardcoded somewhere else

One crybaby, who's total contribution to the series is equivalent to a gnat's fart in a whirlwind, and who's posts are about as irrelevant as a coat hanger in a nudist colony, often gets TK's attention, and usually to the detriment of 90% of TK's core audience.

I'm sorry to have impacted TK's prioritzing skills. What I think that comes down to though, is picking the low hanging fruit.

You're completely right about the part about my contributions - I simply don't have the time or talent to produce anything of mod value at the moment.

Ok who left the bar door open and let him in here? Looking at Fubar......

Ok who left the bar door open and let him in here? Looking at Fubar......

:lol:

Sneaky bastard. :lol: Well guess what? Your buying the next rounds. Fubar only drinks fish tank water though.

Holy crap, i quit for a day and you dare to set this show up without me. Im only hoping to see the same show with Exp3 as when NA was about to be released lol

DanW, how's locking stuff up preventing people from "stealing your work"? If they want to they'll find a way to unpack the cats and run away with the contents. The only people with their hands tied are legit modders.

Not to mention that sometimes all you need to steal is a screenshot. Or lots and lots of screenshots. Just have a long look at this

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Backgrounds

And, yes, that was released as a commercial title. You can even read the experiences of someone playing it

http://lparchive.org/Limbo-of-the-Lost/

I'm just tired of the same excuses and replies again and again...

would I pay 50$ for TW title? Of course I would given it would stop the budget excuses

Same for me Stary! :good:

Same for me Stary! :good:

Carlo

now that thanks to suddenly-no-longer-mute DanW (thanks buddy, really!) I know that all major handheld systems will receive Angry Fighters Strike Fighters for mobiles app (Android in my case) I think I will buy the droid version -yes, mostly out of curiousity and to show my everlasting support*

*everlasting support does no longer include skinpacks I have no interest in

DanW, how's locking stuff up preventing people from "stealing your work"? If they want to they'll find a way to unpack the cats and run away with the contents. The only people with their hands tied are legit modders.

Not to mention that sometimes all you need to steal is a screenshot. Or lots and lots of screenshots. Just have a long look at this

http://lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Backgrounds

And, yes, that was released as a commercial title. You can even read the experiences of someone playing it

http://lparchive.org/Limbo-of-the-Lost/

Or programs to dump contents of the system's ram to disk files, and Programs to Save all the 3d Info (models and textures) from the Direct3d Pipe as a Scene.

More importantly... when is SF2 getting a Zombie Mode?

It already has it. Didn't you know? You just have to beat the game on "Hardcore" difficulty.

• Like 1