While I haven't bought any DLC (other than the campaign editor) because it doesn't really interest me, it at least seems like the pricing is fair. $3 for a skin pack or new variants of existing aircraft seems fair to me. Yeah, he's selling stuff that someone in the community can do on their own, but he's selling it for less than a lunch at a fast food restaurant. I feel like my time's worth enough that (if I was interested in any of the DLC), I would spend $3 easily instead of trying to hack it together on my own.

Actually, at $3, I've been contemplating getting some stuff I'm not super interested in just because it's so cheap.

A little question : why should I buy for an aircraft I can make in around 30 minutes ???

Ludo

A little answer: You don't need to! A beautiful concept, n'est-ce pas?

it's obviously selling enough for what it cost him to make them or he wouldnt still be doing it.. lol..

Altered that for you. I seriously doubt nearly as many people bought the F-14 skin pack as NA, but if it costs him less than $1000 and he sells it for $3 and 1000 people buy it...hey, that's $2000 profit.

Hello,

The "IIIEL" 3d external model could be an interesting basical mod for a Mirage IIIEA but we don't have the outer IRM rails!

I've bought this DLC for my TW game collection...

Regards, :drinks:

Coupi.

A little answer: You don't need to! A beautiful concept, n'est-ce pas?

Look at the math! $3 for 30 minutes. Unless you make less than $6/hr, that's a great value in savings for your time. Say you make $15/hr, in which case it would cost YOU $7.50 to "do it yourself".

Unless of course you have unlimited free time, in which case your time is worth nothing so yes, it's cheaper to do it yourself.

So that's it exactly. If you have the time yourself or don't want to spend, it's a DIY project. If you'd rather spend what time you have FLYING the sim instead of modding it, then for $3 you get a file you can grab and install in a couple of minutes and be up flying it in under 10.

• Like 2

I think this plane is so obsolete. Instead of releasing that plane, TK should make the Starfighter "officially" flyable for example. Or fix the fps breakdowns in SF2:NA (btw: I just bought it today. :smile:)

I think a Lebanese Mirage is one of the least things we need so far.

the new users dont have the luxury of "not patching" to avoid some of the newly introduced bugs.

The "IIIEL" 3d external model could be an interesting basical mod for a Mirage IIIEA but we don't have the outer IRM rails!

My thoughts exactly!

It can be used to model the first batch of Mirage IIIEAs, which were similarly equipped (that is, no IRM rails, only the centerline Matra 530).

If you'd rather spend what time you have FLYING the sim instead of modding it,

you mean you can actually fly in this series, not just mod it? :lol:

i do agree though, i got the F-4 skinpack just to save myself some time with the ini dancing and making a few of the decals for my own project. now down from two weeks to 13 days 23 1/2 hours........

you mean you can actually fly in this series, not just mod it? :lol:

outrageous concept! :lol:

I hope he made that 1000+ NA skinpacks sales, but I don't think the DLC sells that good, surely it apparently sells enough so to justify new variants though

It looks like a Mirage IIIO (F/A) cockpit, in french (instead of english)

Effectively, the "IIIEL" cockpit is in french with its specific navigation instrument! Good...

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi

TK just posted on Facebook that a DLC Mirage IIIEL has been released. So, if you want a Lebanese Mirage III, go buy it! It includes one skin and costs $2.99

Serious question though: wasn't this already an AI aircraft in WOI/SF2I?

and he actually paid for it to be a "Sponsored" update, so it shows up in my feed 3 or 4 times a day as recent.

lol

Strike Fighters Anthology (All of them SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, Exp1, Exp2, SF2NA, Merged and updated for $59.99) would be a nice way to package things.

I can't say I fly 100% stock: from the moment I complete a new install, I have to edit the ini to turn off sun flare and set antialiasing.

Out of the box, I can fly F-4s/F-8s/F-105s/F-100s/Mirages vs MiGs... so what exactly do I need mods for?

I tend to substitute 600 gal drop tanks for guns pods on F-4 loadout files when I get tired of manually doing so through the in-game loadout screen.

I also tend to make MiG-21s/MiG-23s flyable as time and interest permit.

Sooner or later, I throw a few addon aircraft like Julhelm's Convair, the F-101 Voodoo, and/or some of the Razbam stuff like the F2H-2.

It takes me months to accumulate all of the above minor changes after a new patch/install.

As I don't care too much for modern or hypothetical fights and the crappy stock terrain doesn't affect air combat, I rarely bother to install any other mods.

While I have bought all of the DLC except for the latest Mirage IIIEL, I hardly ever fly any of those.

I like having the option to fly whatever I want whenever I feel like it, but I am not compelled to periodically fly every stock aircraft.

I do enjoy collecting them, and unlike user mods, they stay current with every patch/new release.

My pay is on the order of $35/hour, and I get time-and-a-half for overtime, so if I inadvertently clock out late like I did today and get 1/4 hour of OT, I have $13 of play money I can blow on DLC.

Which means, whether I need it or not, whether I will fly it or not, I will buy the Mirage IIIEL tonight and have lost nothing for doing so while expanding my stock flyable plane set by 1.

As long as a significant number of other Third Wire customers do the same, what does TK have to lose by making every minor variant of every stock model into DLC?

If the changes required to create finished DLC variants truly took only 30 minutes, TK would be cranking these out even faster than he has.

I suspect he budgets a certain amount of time to research the variant as well as time spent creating textures/decals, making minor mods to 3d models, and editing ini files.

I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the releases.

I look forward to seeing what else he digs up and the history behind the real aircraft.

the only DLC I'd be interested in, is already covered via 3rd party to the point that it wouldnt make sense to even bother with it (F-14B/D, F-16x Blk XX)

Edited by SkateZilla

I can't say I fly 100% stock: from the moment I complete a new install, I have to edit the ini to turn off sun flare and set antialiasing.

Out of the box, I can fly F-4s/F-8s/F-105s/F-100s/Mirages vs MiGs... so what exactly do I need mods for?

I tend to substitute 600 gal drop tanks for guns pods on F-4 loadout files when I get tired of manually doing so through the in-game loadout screen.

I also tend to make MiG-21s/MiG-23s flyable as time and interest permit.

Sooner or later, I throw a few addon aircraft like Julhelm's Convair, the F-101 Voodoo, and/or some of the Razbam stuff like the F2H-2.

It takes me months to accumulate all of the above minor changes after a new patch/install.

As I don't care too much for modern or hypothetical fights and the crappy stock terrain doesn't affect air combat, I rarely bother to install any other mods.

While I have bought all of the DLC except for the latest Mirage IIIEL, I hardly ever fly any of those.

I like having the option to fly whatever I want whenever I feel like it, but I am not compelled to periodically fly every stock aircraft.

I do enjoy collecting them, and unlike user mods, they stay current with every patch/new release.

My pay is on the order of $35/hour, and I get time-and-a-half for overtime, so if I inadvertently clock out late like I did today and get 1/4 hour of OT, I have $13 of play money I can blow on DLC.

Which means, whether I need it or not, whether I will fly it or not, I will buy the Mirage IIIEL tonight and have lost nothing for doing so while expanding my stock flyable plane set by 1.

As long as a significant number of other Third Wire customers do the same, what does TK have to lose by making every minor variant of every stock model into DLC?

If the changes required to create finished DLC variants truly took only 30 minutes, TK would be cranking these out even faster than he has.

I suspect he budgets a certain amount of time to research the variant as well as time spent creating textures/decals, making minor mods to 3d models, and editing ini files.

I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the releases.

I look forward to seeing what else he digs up and the history behind the real aircraft.

What's your job again? I wouldnt mind $35/hour...

$9/hr is getting thin, and Contracts are getting few and farther between for 3d stuff, and video contracts are getting so low ball for 5 days of work, i'd be better off working my full time job at $9/hr instead of signing the contract.

Lot of use would like a French IIIE I think, but this would require extended additions : RWR and geometry changes

Judging by the other expansion packs, I feel that the Mirage F1 pack won’t come with just one flyable plane (and some of its variants). I guess making a proper MIIIE (and M5F) cockpit and model shouldn’t take much effort now, so I think it is possible that it would be something like a ‘mini Armée de l'Air pack’ with three flyable Mirage variants. At least this is what I hope for…

BTW, well said, Streakeagle.

Off topic:

Currently, my job title is "SCADA technician" for the Toho Water Authority in Kissimmee, FL.

I am principally paid to solve industrial control problems, but this is not the place to go into details about what that means, what I actually do, or how to get into this field.

On topic:

Now I am heading off to buy the Mirage IIIEL to complete my collection of SF products (much as I have a collection of 1/48 scale model airplanes).

Me too,

I wish the Dutch government would do something about the disability checks

I receive as a vet... Some math and I notice me having an "hour rate" of

about $5.75....

:-(

Me too,

about $5.75....

wanna switch with eastern europeans? Then stop bitching :tongue:

TW is only buying time with DLCs other than the Mirage F1.After all,thats the one everybody wants right?

right... But I wouldn't mind some avionics/environment DLCs too... like many were believing would come with time

Me too,

about $5.75....

not working out the hourly on it but i get 40% disability from the Veterans Administration for my dings and dents. thing is my back is the major issue and reason i filed a claim in the first place. how ever i got 30 percent for PTSD like issues (filed as an afterthought on advise of a VA rep) and 0% for my back because i didn't act like i was in pain. sorry, after 7 years it gets old whining about the pain everyday!

back on topic.... with these other countries planes being released terrains to match would be mighty nice. hell don't even need a campaign, i'm sure we would work that one out fast in the CA house! so long as it's not too locked up.....

right... But I wouldn't mind some avionics/environment DLCs too... like many were believing would come with time

The makers of DCS are planning to release map DLCs.If only Third Wire would do the same.But,TK knows that a whole new SF2 title can be made from a single terrain!