I don't know, I've got room on my HD for both. :grin:

There will supposedly be free stuff for DCS World, too, but it's all rather vague how it will work.

In short, do not expect DCS World to supplant what you can do in SF2 right now anytime this year or even next. It may eventually get there, but I also doubt it will ever be able to cover all the eras as comprehensively. The modern era will certainly be better than SF (as TK cuts off during Reagan's first term!), but while we'll see 70s, 60s, 40s, and possibly even 50s planes in DCS World I don't know that we'll ever see that MANY of them.

I do think everything hinges on EDGE and the availability of new terrain. Build Korea and I'm sure we'll see lots of Koren War stuff enter the pipeline. Without it, we may just see an F-86 and a MiG-15 and that's it.

Nnnnnot to men-en-en th-th-the stutter many of us are getting with planes like the F-4 and Lightning after the last round of patches.

With not a single response from TK at all...

• Like 1

the problem with DCS addons is simple -no consistency, be it Eagle Dynamics (P-51D... still can't get over it!) or modding groups:

group A -let's do F-15 Strike Eagle

group B -good luck, we're working on F-86

group C -Sabre? We do F-117!

etc, with such understandable approach (because why one group should bother what the other is doing?) we really won't have good build of addons (for those wondering: most certainly payware in the 25-30+ $ range) in coming year(s)

then, there's this 800 pounds gorilla in the room no one speaks about, namely other theatres. Maybe TK should consider doing DCS version of ...Iceland? And I'm not so sure if it's my bad joke or brillant idea. Both perhaps :crazy:

then, there's this 800 pounds gorilla in the room no one speaks about

one more thing, we had no SF2 patch in 6 months...

It was the case back in sfp1 days......but now it smells bad....very bad

it seems mobile apps are currently more important for Thirdwire for whatever reason, I'd hesistate to say we won't see any SF2-related development, be it patches or Exp3, until iOS version is up and ready. DLC maybe as these are sometimes very minor updates of already existing planes

I have DCS A-10 on my PC but I have not played it apart from testing and general checking out the A-10 and it there is a lot in there that at present I do not have time to figure out the 10 switches for the Maverick etc... or even arming dropping bombs even though I have just had 6 weeks off work... (Spent it playing Stalker Misery and X3 Albion Prelude)... where as SF2 (Running July 2012 patch I think) I can hop in and fly anything I want... there is a difference there one is Sim-lite one is Sim Medium-Heavy if that makes sense and its good to have Sim-Lite for those days when you do not want to get the manual out...

• Like 1

The planes for FC3 like the A-10A, F-15C, and Su-27 are considerably easier to work than the A-10C, but I agree are still higher level than any of TK's stuff.

As for Mavericks, those and the gun are the EASY weapons in A-10C...you want hard, you try LGBs. :grin:

DCS and FC doesn't excite me at all. Nor has any other Russian-developed sim.

• Like 1

I want Microprose back...

• Like 1

I want Microprose back...

Get Sid Meier back into flight sims. Wait, no, every single pilot will have his face...

I wonder, if future hardcore sims of whatever will include a simulated procedure of reinstalling the OS of the piece of hardware you're controlling - emulated CPU, virtual HDD and everything. And forums will swoon and say "It's so deep and realistic".

Yes, imagine an F-22 sim that features the bug with crossing the int'l date line!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

Anyway, someone does own the MPS name and I just saw it in a game trailer the other day.

Here: http://microprose.com/

Jillian Michaels: FITNESS ADVENTURE!!!

Is that not what you asked for?

Yes, imagine an F-22 sim that features the bug with crossing the int'l date line!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

Bladder management minigame for Black Buck raids!

does that come in a Kate Upton edition? or for the classics, a Shannon Tweed?

I'd like to like DCS, but I really don't. I might pick up FC3 as a last attempt, but the lack of diversity in terrains will probably make it not last long on my HD.

On a sort-of unrelated note, has anyone tried Take on Helicopters? It looks sorta fun, esp since you can merge it with Arma2 now.

Anyway, someone does own the MPS name and I just saw it in a game trailer the other day.

Here: http://microprose.com/

Awwww man!!! That ain't right!!! Not at all!

FC

Btw, have you people seen the different arab Mirage variants available in SFA Israel? Maybe not the most interesting as DLCs, but a nice bonus for Exp3 when (or if) it comes out.

Say...does any version of SF have a MiG-25 as a TW aircraft?

Because the newest update to SFA has just added one.

FC

• Like 1

Not that I'm aware of...

The INI files I think have had it listed for some time, so it seems it has been on TKs To-do list. Damnit if he releases his before mine :aggressive:

Oh well, that's the price you pay for being lazy.. :beach:

ok, we're either screwed or this will be ported to SF2 (I don't think so though)

----

* New aircraft added: MiG-25

edit:

Harold already posted this, sorry!

and no, there never been any TW MiG-25, I think this is true to USAF: Air Dominance too

Edited by Stary