Jug

Misrepresented

Some time ago, Capun informed me that via the CA "grapevine", I was accused of attempting to get add-on models for some nefarious reasons.  I want to clear the air now about that.  I am an enthusiastic flight simulator gamer and use the CA to get additional WoX add-ons to enhance the gaming experience only!  Period.  I am not a re-seller/vendor/thief/etc. and, even if I was, I would not reject a lifetime's ethical standards to obtain, unethically, a flight simulator model.

I have thought about this for some time and take strong exception to any implication otherwise. 

I did get permission to download some of the add-on aircraft from Capun's site and got a bit overenthusiastic.  I broke the site rules for the number of downloads at one sitting and, deservedly so, had my permissions to the site rescinded.  However, I do not see where this is grounds to imply bad intentions in the CA 'grapevine'.

• Like 2

I guess I am so far out of the SF community that I have no idea what you are talking about. It seems almost anyone who downloads anything eventually gets banned from Capun's site. As rarely as I go there, I got a download limit warning from Capun once. Long ago, you made it clear who you are, what you have done in your past, etc. As such, I would never question your character without hardcore evidence to the contrary -- unless your name was zerocinco ;)

I hadn't heard anything of the sort, but by your reputation wouldn't believe you to do anything like that. I fell victim to the whole too many downloads in a day bit, tho compared to any other FREE site, his conditions are ridiculous. Can the NSA start checking DAT out?

I understand what your saying, it is the first I heard of it though. However, I can see how it could have been distorted on their end. About 5-6 years ago sent them an e-mail requesting permission to the downloads section. I explained I was prior service. I was only looking for a few aircraft. Couple weeks go by no response, I resent the e-mail with a polite "Hey what's up guys just wondering if you had received my original e-mail?". I got a fairly nasty type e-mail back, I was like O.K. don't want me to play with you, oh well. they reserve the right to screen whoever they want, but to be accused of something like what your saying by them Jug or to get an e-mail like I did just says it all. Havn't  been back since, I think I've been just fine without them.

Edited by MAKO69

It seems almost anyone who downloads anything eventually gets banned from Capun's site

Pretty much this, I´m afraid.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it Jug - there isn't much on that site of any value that I can see - a lot of the models were made by others and converted by them..

I've seen more than enough now to know what type of people they are - so who cares....they are not worth it.......let them play with their crappy punctured ball.

What is a mystery to me is that anyone still deals with the little c***...

He may have been fairly important, if not instrumental, in the very early days of SF modding (even though he was already a p****), but he has long since stopped being anything else than a source of strife and insanity among the community, it would be in everyone's best interest to shun the little v***** and let him die alone in his so precious toybox (and here I gain a warning and ensure the thread's swift lockup).

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand his need for control and respect that out of other modders, but Capun also has very poor standards, quality control and is globally a complete a****** if you do not lick his b****, he may have even more ego problems than yours truly, which is mind-boggling.

Disclaimer : Evidently, I don't like Capun, but I have an excuse, I never liked him, even before all the craziness.

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 1

DAT has a lot of AC that are not available anywhere else, so too get them (nuff said on that), so I decided to take the direct approach and start making them for all to have and it's been real fun.

Edited by RAVEN
  • Like 2

I also enjoy adding models from multiple sources including Capun's site.  (although time for such silliness has been a bit in short supply of late!!)

I have never had any problem staying within the bounds over there and don't see the need to slam them (us) over here. 

Fear not, shipmate Jug, 'tis not I who would dare to cast aspersions on your's or anyone else's character. 

Capun hides all his toys because he doesn't want anyone to criticize them.  We tried to have him here but when we did the freeware agreement he didn't want to have any part of it. So now you have to kiss his ass to get his crap. But there are rules, if you come over complaining or criticizing about something, you get banned from his site. As Migbuster said using his stuff is like using a punctured ball. There is nothing there of his I want. Even when he has something good, he didn't make it anyway. To ban Jug, an honorable guy is his way to show everyone how big of a dick he think he has. Its his stuff, he can do what he wants but we all know he is a model nazi. So fuck him.

Capun hides all his toys because he doesn't want anyone to criticize them.  We tried to have him here but when we did the freeware agreement he didn't want to have any part of it. So now you have to kiss his ass to get his crap. But there are rules, if you come over complaining or criticizing about something, you get banned from his site. As Migbuster said using his stuff is like using a punctured ball. There is nothing there of his I want. Even when he has something good, he didn't make it anyway. To ban Jug, an honorable guy is his way to show everyone how big of a dick he think he has. Its his stuff, he can do what he wants but we all know he is a model nazi. So fuck him.

Isn't most of his stuff is gen 1, old gen 1. I was holding back when I made my comments. Thank God you came forward and stepped up the game. That guy is a gapping asshole. I wish I had kept that e-mail. 

Edited by MAKO69

I was personally offended when he fled this site in a huff when the whole freeware agreement thing came out.The only explanation is "unsufferable ego".

I was personally offended when he fled this site in a huff when the whole freeware agreement thing came out.The only explanation is "unsufferable ego".

More like crazy hermit.

I've been on a 5 download limit for about a year or so now after going one over the 15 download limit. One did not download properly, did not see it in my download folder and thought I had one more to go. Got an e-mail telling me I was banned for exceeding the limit. I replied with what happened and told him thanks for what I had already downloaded and figured that was the end of it. A bit later I got an e-mail saying I would be unbanned if I agreed to a 5 download a day limit. I figured why not? I think that the last time I visited was in Feb for some Gen2 aircraft that had come out. Mostly was looking for WWII aircraft, but it seems like most of what I want is right here anyway.

A few years ago, before he locked up the downloads I got banded for just looking cause I wasn't a member, I didn't even try to download anything, banded for looking what kind of crap is that?

Some time ago, Capun informed me that via the CA "grapevine", I was accused of attempting to get add-on models for some nefarious reasons.  I want to clear the air now about that.  I am an enthusiastic flight simulator gamer and use the CA to get additional WoX add-ons to enhance the gaming experience only!  Period.  I am not a re-seller/vendor/thief/etc. and, even if I was, I would not reject a lifetime's ethical standards to obtain, unethically, a flight simulator model.

I have thought about this for some time and take strong exception to any implication otherwise. 

I did get permission to download some of the add-on aircraft from Capun's site and got a bit overenthusiastic.  I broke the site rules for the number of downloads at one sitting and, deservedly so, had my permissions to the site rescinded.  However, I do not see where this is grounds to imply bad intentions in the CA 'grapevine'.

Thank you for your service to this country. Please abuse the shit out of us, it's the least we can do. Have fun and remember if you hear EJECT EJECT EJECT it's probably too late.  :blink:

I never really understood what happened between CA and Skunkworks.I have been in the shadows so long I have some of his early work tucked away before the big split happened.When I Got Back into SF1/2 I Took Notice Of All Those Who Would Put Their Work In Public Domain And Then Try To Negate And Pull Back.A Sad Situation But If You Notice Everytime A Price Increase Comes Out For 3DMAX It Is Retroactive For All Early Versions Despite Obsolescence.After Spending 1.5 K On Chess Software Of Which I Am USCF Master I Discovered I Was Only Buying A

License Which Is Much The Norm These Days.Content Creativity Is Stifiled In The West As Compared To Europes Open Source Market.These Young New Prodigys Replete With Cyberskills Will Run Roughshod Over The Next American Generation.Anyways Rules To Live By.You Have The Right To Mod All Content You Keep Local.You Have The Right To Show How You Mod Local Content.Teach Do Not Give!! You Do Not Have The Right To Distribute 3D Object Data In Any Form Unless Licensed Original Creator Or With Permission Of Author!!!

I never had a problem with the whole quantity versus quality thing. Capun's team produced a whole lot of assets that still aren't available any other way. So it was a nice balance: let the pros take their time and produce a few really good planes (think Mirage Factory) while exploiting the less polished but usually still useful material from Capun's Skunk Works. My son has a ton of little die cast metal planes and I used SF mixed with any and all available addons to make most if not all of his toy planes flyable in SF. Could not have done that without Capun's vast library. As an example, the Lockheed Constellation is available from Capun in exactly the same paint/markings as my son's toy and as such my son loved seeing and flying it in SF. Of course, this was also an example of sloppy work as one of the control surface animations was wrong (one of the elevators? been awhile). I still have access and Capun even helped me when I forgot my password. I can remember flying with Capun online beta testing WOE one night along with several other well known old guard SFP1 characters. I have no ill will toward Capun, I just never fully understood his position on several issues. Of course, who am I speak as Column5 banned me from his personal forum for supporting DigitalOverload's right to request proper ejection sequences and the ability to shoot 'chutes on the Third Wire forums?

Capun's private SF mod site reminds me of Gulf Knight's private Jane's USAF mod site. I refused to pay Gulf Knight for access to his forum to download mods that he somehow managed to secure exclusively. At least Capun doesn't have a mandatory annual fee. Of course, if SFP1 had not come along, I might still be playing Jane's USAF and probably would have followed its fanbase to Gulf Knight's forum. Jane's USAF is still the next best sim for Vietnam era air combat with stock flyable F-105D and F-4E. Aside from its flawed AI, flight modeling, and the slow crazy aerial ballet resulting from the mix of the two, Jane's USAF was an impressive survey sim.

I've enjoyed using Capun;s stuff and on occasion have contributed to some of the work there. 

Contrary to some of the posts above, there are some pretty good Gen 2 stuff and some really good WWII work and comprehensive load. 

After the Mirage Factory saw fit to heave me overboard without reason or notice, going so far as to write me out of the credits on those efforts that I had helped on,  I ended up at Capun's site.   I have no resentment against the Mirage Factory for their decision and actions, neither should you all hold a grudge against Capun. 

We are all supposed to be friends here so let's try to do that. 

Edited by Typhoid

Naw I tried.....he doesn't care. As far as the TMF thing goes, had nothing to do with you Andy. It was a site move thing and several people didn't get moved over, then Oli died then that was it. Capun has has many an opportunity to become a member of THE premier SF fan base on the interwebs and has refused for fear of..."Hey man can you fix this on your model?" His frail sensibilities doesn't allow him to take any suggestions or constructive criticism as nothing but an attack on him personally. So if you enjoy mediocre the by all means download from him, if you want quality, need I say more? 

Thanks for the support from all who offered it here.  I am glad that no responses have indicated that my name was being taken in vain here at CA.  This is my favorite web site and all of you my only online contacts.  Your respect means a great deal to me.

Having said that, I agree with Typhoid that it is time to move on from the positive and negative comments about Capun.  He is still a contributing member, in my mind, here on CA and welcome here.  We should all learn to live together focused on what we all come here for, TK's great flight simulator.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed using Capun;s stuff and on occasion have contributed to some of the work there. 

Contrary to some of the posts above, there are some pretty good Gen 2 stuff and some really good WWII work and comprehensive load. 

After the Mirage Factory saw fit to heave me overboard without reason or notice, going so far as to write me out of the credits on those efforts that I had helped on,  I ended up at Capun's site.   I have no resentment against the Mirage Factory for their decision and actions, neither should you all hold a grudge against Capun. 

That guy is no friend of mine, the e-mail letter I received was pretty rude. It was about 4-5 years ago or something, I wish I had kept it. I should have posted it back then.

Naw I tried.....he doesn't care. As far as the TMF thing goes, had nothing to do with you Andy. It was a site move thing and several people didn't get moved over, then Oli died then that was it. Capun has has many an opportunity to become a member of THE premier SF fan base on the interwebs and has refused for fear of..."Hey man can you fix this on your model?" His frail sensibilities doesn't allow him to take any suggestions or constructive criticism as nothing but an attack on him personally. So if you enjoy mediocre the by all means download from him, if you want quality, need I say more? 

Roger that!