MAKO69

Chinese Fighter Pilot movie Eng. dub

Cool, this J-10 its a nice plane, thanks for sharing.

Slik airplane, probably a good match for a F-16 Falcon. The Chinese are really coming on strong. Perhaps some trouble brewing for the U.S. in a few years time, as China wants to assert it's influence to a greater degree in the Far East.  

Slik airplane, probably a good match for a F-16 Falcon. The Chinese are really coming on strong. Perhaps some trouble brewing for the U.S. in a few years time, as China wants to assert it's influence to a greater degree in the Far East.  

Would people quit this. China would never go to war with it's number one consumer. Its Iran, N.Korea, and now Russia who seem to be troublesome kids on the block.

Sorry if my opinion upset you, but it seems credible to ponder why the Chinese would be building up their armed forces if it was not to assert more influence in the Far-East, and have the necessary means to back up its intentions.  :flyer:

• Like 1

Wee Too Low - Pilot.... :lol:

Sorry if my opinion upset you, but it seems credible to ponder why the Chinese would be building up their armed forces if it was not to assert more influence in the Far-East, and have the necessary means to back up its intentions.  :flyer:

China doesn't really care about being a "world power." They don't care a lot about Africa or South America or Europe.

They DO want to be #1 on their block. Japan, Thailand, Russia, India, Australia, Vietnam...they want to be unchallenged in their own sphere. The US is too influential over there for them. They want the trade, they don't want political interference. So while calling Russia a "regional" power was an insult to Putin's ideals, China WANTS to be a regional power. They don't like the US being a power in their region as we aren't located there.

Would China attack the US? Mainland, Alaska, even Hawaii? I don't think so. Would they attack a US base near them if things went south? That I could believe. In South Korea or some other "nearby" location, yes, if they felt we were interfering with their affairs too much.

I also get the feeling they might have that "Pearl Harbor" mentality of striking and inflicting damage, then sitting back and saying "hey, we don't a war, we did what we set out to (teach you a lesson) and we're satisfied if it goes no farther." Depends on whether they pay attention to WWII history or not. They have a curious outlook on history, between ancient and recent, so it's hard to say how they'd think about it.

China doesn't really care about being a "world power." They don't care a lot about Africa or South America or Europe.

They DO want to be #1 on their block. Japan, Thailand, Russia, India, Australia, Vietnam...they want to be unchallenged in their own sphere. The US is too influential over there for them. They want the trade, they don't want political interference. So while calling Russia a "regional" power was an insult to Putin's ideals, China WANTS to be a regional power. They don't like the US being a power in their region as we aren't located there.

Would China attack the US? Mainland, Alaska, even Hawaii? I don't think so. Would they attack a US base near them if things went south? That I could believe. In South Korea or some other "nearby" location, yes, if they felt we were interfering with their affairs too much.

I also get the feeling they might have that "Pearl Harbor" mentality of striking and inflicting damage, then sitting back and saying "hey, we don't a war, we did what we set out to (teach you a lesson) and we're satisfied if it goes no farther." Depends on whether they pay attention to WWII history or not. They have a curious outlook on history, between ancient and recent, so it's hard to say how they'd think about it.

JediMaster, I tend to agree with most of what you have said here. :good:

To sum this up you could say that the Chinese want more influence in their own back yard and less U.S. influence, but I don't think that this will be achieved by purely political means. There will inevitably be some kind of 'difficulties'.  

"HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE............ GONNA RIDE INNTOOOOO THE    DAAANGERRRR ZOOOOONE.."

post-43212-0-94591000-1398354526.jpg

Back on the movie - right out of Top Gun!!!

JediMaster, I tend to agree with most of what you have said here. :good:

To sum this up you could say that the Chinese want more influence in their own back yard and less U.S. influence, but I don't think that this will be achieved by purely political means. There will inevitably be some kind of 'difficulties'.  

I hope you are wrong but fear you are right.

Another thing Pearl Harbor taught us was that while in the West a military response to an economic situation was unthinkable, it was not for Japan. Again, I don't know if the Chinese leadership would think that way or not, and hopefully the example of WWII would point out to them just how WE think, but I can see the possibility of the following sequence of events:

1. China does something the US (or a close ally) doesn't like. What it is, doesn't matter...

2. US responds with economic sanctions of some sort that hurt, possibly talking other nations into joining it

3. China leadership fears internal dissent/strife threatening their power as fallout of sanctions

4. Rather than wait for that, or make amends or whatever to get sanctions lifted, China decides to attack an American interest in the area (base/CBG/whatever) as a misguided attempt to demonstrate power and force the relaxation/removal of sanctions but with no intention to actually get into a shooting war

5. US predictably responds with a shooting war to Chinese leadership's horror and bafflement

This would TOTALLY suck. However, when two sides have such different perspectives, it is not impossible.

Tom Clancy had a pretty good novel with that as the premise

I agree with JediMaster's first post up to the point of a military demonstration of power. I think the Chinese are smart enough to understand that offensive military action, even just for demonstration purposes, is bad for everyone, even the victors. At least I haven't seen anything from their leadership to suggest otherwise. And they've seen the response when the US is attacked. This is probably more likely to keep Putin from getting any aspirations to his east.

See there is still a way to go with the universal translator

See there is still a way to go with the universal translator

The best Universal Translator that could ever be devised would simply be - to teach everyone on the planet the same language.

No need for Interpreters or a even a Universal Translator for that matter  :biggrin:

I have apparently just graduated from New Member to Junior Member - do I get a Certificate to show my mum and a bar of Chocolate or something!  :happy:

Sum Ting Wong? :lol:

They should have put Ho Lee Fak just to make sure she said it right...

I agree with JediMaster's first post up to the point of a military demonstration of power. I think the Chinese are smart enough to understand that offensive military action, even just for demonstration purposes, is bad for everyone, even the victors. At least I haven't seen anything from their leadership to suggest otherwise. And they've seen the response when the US is attacked. This is probably more likely to keep Putin from getting any aspirations to his east.

Even smart people can do stupid things when they're desperate.

China are already a world power..and they don't need aircraft to prove it!...they're a non aggressive people generally

And they have great dimsum.....

China are already a world power..and they don't need aircraft to prove it!...they're a non aggressive people generally

China is still The Empire of the Middle. And militarily speaking, they still don't give a damn about what happens out of their Middle. But their Middle also includes Tibet, Taiwan, or the Spratly Islands. God help us if anyone puts a finger in their Middle.