MigBuster

Cast of Star Wars 7 announced

Can't end up worse than the prequels...

Don´t dare Murphy

Max von Sydow :yikes:  ?!! Chief Judge Fargo suppressing all decayed from Tatooine.

Oh wait, written and directed by J.J. Abrams ? Damn, that's gonna be a piece of crap, I'm not even going to watch this train wreck...

I was just thinking:

In Episode IV (the first film) Luke is a moisture farmer, or at least his uncle, with whom he lives and for whom he works, is. Later, at the bar in Mos Eisley, he tells Han that he's a pretty good pilot. To which Han replies, "This ain't crop dustin', kid."

So if Luke is dusting crops and his crop is moisture.........???

• Like 1

Hey, if i was a conservative i would say those are keynesian microeconomics

I've a very bad feeling about this sort of reboot.

Abrams butchered Star Trek. He'll maul Star wars.

And the worse isn't even the cast of the new films or Disney's acquisition. It's the annoucement that all the Expended Universe is hereby forgotten. They are murdering a whole universe, just like they did with Star Trek, to create piss-poor teen-oriented movies. There are huge piles of crap in the Expended Universe, that's right. But you can't delete Thrawn. You just can't. If there were one thing to save, that would be it. 

They are killing Star Wars. Some things are meant to stay the way they were, what's with the current way of making reboots and stuffs? Did they lose all their imaginations in Hollywood? Come one, there is even a new spiderman movie whereas the last one is like what? A few years old? 

"Luke, these were your new fathers Mouse Ear's."

By the way, and old quote from Lucas himself:

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians [...]."
―George Lucas, 1998.

The saga should have finished with the six chapters that already exists. Sincerelly , if in the seventh film I found a resurrected  Palpatine after 40 years of his original death in the saga fighting agaisnt a 70 years old Han solo.... we have a problem.. And also, in my opinion mister J.J Abrams is a master of the improvisation, and I don't like this , for example LOST , a TV series that was born very welll but that degenerated with a black smoke called John Locke, time traveling without a De Lorean , a guy called jacob that is as old as Caesar Augustus and many other things, The Star Wars fans really wants this? I don't.

I was just thinking:

In Episode IV (the first film) Luke is a moisture farmer, or at least his uncle, with whom he lives and for whom he works, is. Later, at the bar in Mos Eisley, he tells Han that he's a pretty good pilot. To which Han replies, "This ain't crop dustin', kid."

So if Luke is dusting crops and his crop is moisture.........???

Hence crop "DUSTING".

The saga should have finished with the six chapters that already exists. Sincerelly , if in the seventh film I found a resurrected  Palpatine after 40 years of his original death in the saga fighting agaisnt a 70 years old Han solo.... we have a problem.. And also, in my opinion mister J.J Abrams is a master of the improvisation, and I don't like this , for example LOST , a TV series that was born very welll but that degenerated with a black smoke called John Locke, time traveling without a De Lorean , a guy called jacob that is as old as Caesar Augustus and many other things, The Star Wars fans really wants this? I don't.

Have you read any of the books? The character Han is pretty old anyways 70 in the STAR WARS Universe is like 40ish. They do have a higher level of medical and understanding on how human

biology works. Just sayin', I'm sure JediMaster could add a more descriptive analogy.

To JMBalestre:

The saga can end with six episodes for you, if you wish. It most likely will for me. I may catch Episode VII on HBO or Starz or whatever in a few years, so I don't waste any money on it if it turns out I didn't like it. That's what I did with the "new" Star Trek movies (though I did like the revamped McCoy...almost as good as the REAL McCoy).

Unfortunately I bought the Amazing Spiderman on DVD. What a waste. The original cast so perfectly captured the characters both in spirit and physically. As much as I like Sally Field, she just isn't Aunt May. And this new kid playing Spidey...I wonder if he ever read any of the first hundred or so issues. I don't know what Peter Parker is like now, but Toby MacGuire was spot on. And therefore I won't be spending any money on the second installment. Not in theaters, not on DVD/BluRay, and I probably won't spend any time on it when it hits TV.

Back to Star Wars. Episodes I, II, and III totally reversed the focus of IV, V, and VI changing the story from that of a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters taking on an evil Galactic Empire to one of the seduction, fall, and ultimate redemption of Anakin Skywalker. Luke, Leia, and Han are the central characters of IV, V and VI, but when I, II and III are added and the whole thing is viewed in storyline chronology, they become secondary players, catalysts (Luke particularly so) to Anakin breaking the hold of the Dark Side. Not to mention the fact that there's some initial romantic connection between Leia and Luke that gets plain creepy if you know going in that they're brother and sister. And the "Luke. I am your father." scene loses all its shock value to the audience. Nor would Darth Vader seem so menacing if you already saw him as a 10-year-old wearing a helmet three sizes too big or an idealistic young Jedi who only wants things to work like we all do. I'm glad I had my son watch them in the same order I did. And he's said he will show them to his kids that way, too.

MAKO...but that makes mud. Maybe the family has a mud-pie business on the side.

On the plus side to all this, we'll finally get to see if Yoda's prediction was correct. Just how will Luke look when 900 years old he is?

Princess Leia, like so many women before her, will go from a hot bikini to a muu-muu.

I wonder if we'll get to see Han Solo teach his grandkids to fly? "Slow down, dammit!! What are you trying to do? Break my record in the Kessel run?"

I wonder if there'll be a legal battle over the use of the word "Droid"?

*edit*

BTW, no, I haven't read any of the books.

Edited by von Baur

I thought the timeline for this one ( VII ) was 3.5ish? So who will be playing what part.

Hmmm,

I thought the timeline for this one ( VII ) was 3.5ish? So who will be playing what part.

Hmmm,

For one thing, thanx to the animal rights people and in keeping with the backlash against individuals of one ethinc background being played by individuals of another, Chewbacca will be played by Sasquatch and all Ewoks will be played by bear cubs.

The producers are still waiting to see how far robotics have progressed (both in performance reliability and legal representation) before making a final decicion on C-3PO and R2-D2.

*edit*

And, in a special encore appearance, the Ice Monster from Hoth will be played by my first wife.

Edited by von Baur
  • Like 2

Can't end up worse than the prequels...

:

Don´t dare Murphy

Actually, what really happened, as we will see, Greedo shot himself.

The 3 books after ROTJ were awesome, Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command aka the Thrawn Trilogy. They should be movies.

The book between Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ, "Shadows of the Empire" was outstanding as well. All well worth the read. I am not sure how this 7th move will turn out. I liked the prequels as entertainment, I'm not one of those hard core "OMG they ruined the blah blah blah." They were fun to watch.

Kinda fun, but they ruined (for me) Darth Vader. 
He went from a dark middle-aged character to a whinny bratty teen. I really loathe Christensen/Anakin. I even find that Anakin's character is far better in the Clone War animated series than in the film. I kinda like him in the animated series. Simple enough: Christensen isn't there. 

Jar jar Bings is a train wreck too. The rest is quite ok. 

What's awefull, though, is all the current editing in the original trilogy:

- Greedo...

- New songs at Jabba's palace,

- Christensen as a force ghost,

- The "nooooooo" of Darth Vader, ruining one of the most powerful scene of Return of the Jedi. (When Palpatine is force-lightning Luke and the audience sees Vader in his silent dilemma: my son? or my fatherly figure? Now, Vader whinnes like a bratty teen again. )

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

The 3 books after ROTJ were awesome, Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command aka the Thrawn Trilogy. They should be movies.

The book between Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ, "Shadows of the Empire" was outstanding as well. All well worth the read. I am not sure how this 7th move will turn out. I liked the prequels as entertainment, I'm not one of those hard core "OMG they ruined the blah blah blah." They were fun to watch.

Thrawn is in the Top 3 of my favorite StarWars characters. And actually, the others also come from the SW Expanded Universe, which is a vein of ideas. Yet, if they put Yuuzhan Vongs in these sequels, I'm not going to like them, this is one of the very few eras of SW EU I definetely can't stand.

And I am not of those who disliked the prelogy, absolutely not. I even enjoyed Episode III as a sort of space opera Othello (with Palpatine as Iago, one of Shakespeare's strongest characters to me); yet clearly not the SW style, lacking the usual humor and tongue-in-cheek characters.

• Like 1

They're making Ep VII take place 30 yrs after ROTJ, so the actors will have aged realistically. Besides, some people age better than others.

A few years ago I watched a high-70's William Shatner do his classic "Shatner roll" on Ryan Seacrest as if it was nothing.

Thrawn is in the Top 3 of my favorite StarWars characters. And actually, the others also come from the SW Expanded Universe, which is a vein of ideas. Yet, if they put Yuuzhan Vongs in these sequels, I'm not going to like them, this is one of the very few eras of SW EU I definetely can't stand.

And I am not of those who disliked the prelogy, absolutely not. I even enjoyed Episode III as a sort of space opera Othello (with Palpatine as Iago, one of Shakespeare's strongest characters to me); yet clearly not the SW style, lacking the usual humor and tongue-in-cheek characters.

What the prequels lack is a Han Solo.

Obiwan Kennobi doesn't fill the void quite fully. 

I concurr with the Vongs, they are awfull. 

Don't get me wrong, Dave, I enjoyed episodes I, II, and IIII. It was interesting to see Anakin turn from the idealistic padawan into the evil Darth Vader. And I think they provided us all with an idea of how easy it is to go from one to the other. For ANY of us to go from one to the other. And with the strong moral that we must always be on guard against that and must take care to whom we look for advice and guidance. Though extreme circumstances often require extreme actions wrong, even for good reasons, is still wrong and must be avoided.

I do agree with Emp-Palpatine, though, that they lack a strong knight-errant/good-hearted villian/rogue/anti-hero...scoundrel, to use Princess Leia's word. And with Captitaine Vengeur that the humor wasn't, IMO (and we all know what they say about O's) as good as that in episodes IV, V, and VI. I put that down to the expectations. When "Star Wars" (no episode number, just a movie) was being shot the actors were unknowns trying to be noticed, so they had that spirit of adventure which helped them bond as a troupe. And that came through on the screen. For "The Empire Strikes Back" they were reuniting...kind of a, "Hey! Let's get the band back together again" thing and it worked. In "Return of the Jedi" the chemistry was well-established and easy to step back into, for the cast and the audience. The actors involved in I, II, and III had a lot to live up to, and as good actors as they all are it didn't have the click. Could have been the script, could have been the actors (great actors don't always have great chemistry...oftentimes onscreen the whole is considerably less than the sum of its parts), could have been the director, could have been the editting, but most probably it was a combination of the four.

But I maintain, and always will, that seeing TPM, AotC, and RotS first fundamentally changes the impact and even the storyline of the SW-ESB-RotJ trilogy. Not ruins, but changes. Having seen Anakin grow up, how can seeing Darth Vader step onto the consular ship impose the same feeling of fear? Lucas carefully staged revealing the Vader-Luke-Leia relationships to maximize the impact of their discovery. Knowing that relationship beforehand can't help but lessen that impact. And Vader's character itself carries a sympathy that doesn't exist if you haven't seen I, II, and III. For those of us who saw IV-V-VI first, it's easy to relive that, but for those who didn't I don't think it's possible.

**editted for spelling and Grammar**

Edited by von Baur

Well after seeing RotS, then re-watching the original Star Wars, when Vader entered the ship, I knew more then, that he was ruthless. Look at what he did to the younglings or whatever they called. I am not worried about how other will perceive it or its impact on them. I care about my entertainment value. Seeing prequels then watching the originals again made it circle complete for me. I saw the big picture so to speak and enjoyed every minute of it. 

Its like the Star Trek reboot. The new movies are awesome. The series needed this so it doesn't die. They got perfect actors for the parts. The die hard Trekkies are missing out but again fuck them. I don't care what they think. They whine just to whine. Visit a Trekkie forum sometime. None of them have ever seen a woman naked that wasnt on a computer screen. :lol:

Daniel Craig as James Bond is another example. He is THE Bond from the books. I have read just about all of them. Connery is a close 2nd to the books. He is 2nd because he had more gadgets than the Bond in the books. 

I have no idea why I am off on this tangent so forgive me. The new Total Recall. Vastly superior in every way to Arnolds. It stuck to the book. I hate artistic license when they turn a good book into a movie and fuck it up. Yeah the movie might be ok or even good and Arnold's version was great but once you read the book and then hope you see it on screen you get disappointed. Anyone read Less than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis? The movie is totally different. The movie turned all anti drug, the book was dark and disturbing. I do like the movie and its one of my favorites but man had they went by the book....eek....intense would be an understatement. 

WTF Dave what is your point? STFU already. Sorry, have fun with movies and don't worry about what people think. Lets hope they do not fuck this episode 7 up. 

• Like 1

Concur, Dave. They could have a winner with the Thrawn series. Outstanding material and lots of potential plot twists.

And get the casting right for Mara Jade!!!!

But of course, anything can be wrecked by the wrong cook... .....

Edited by Typhoid
  • Like 1