Just had a thought, you're using OpenGL, correct? I'll try to tweek my driver settings in control center and let you know the results. Right now, I'm off to work.

Hello Mue,

The application turns grey, And I get a message "LODViewer has stopped working"

I'am unable to post screenshots, when I try I get this message "You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"    

My specs:

[Version]

BuildDate=Jul 2013

StrikeFighters2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Vietnam=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Europe=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Israel=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp1=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp2=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic=TRUE

StrikeFighters2 Exp3=FALSE

[OnlineNews]

LastUpdateVersion=Jul 2013

LastDLCCount=29

[DLC]

DLCData001=TRUE

DLCData003=TRUE

DLCData004=TRUE

DLCData005=TRUE

DLCData007=TRUE

DLCData010=TRUE

DLCData011=TRUE

DLCData017=TRUE

DLCData018=TRUE

DLCData021=TRUE

DLCData012=TRUE

DLCData015=TRUE

DLCData016=TRUE

DLCData023=TRUE

DLCData024=TRUE

DLCData025=TRUE

DLCData026=TRUE

DLCData014=TRUE

DLCData020=TRUE

DLCData008=TRUE

DLCData028=TRUE

DLCData029=TRUE

I have also a fully merged installation, but no DLC. And it works here besides that lodviewer can still not read the cat files from SF2NA and the expansion packs, but it does not crashes.

I'm curious what cat files do you have in your Objects and Terrains directories. Probably DLC cats are saved there?

What you can try to do is to create a "fake" SF2 installation directory. In the fake directory create the subfolders Objects and Terrains and copy one cat file after the other into those directories. Test the lodviewer after each cat file copy with that fake directory and see with what cat file the program crashes.

As far I know all the SF2 LODs are encrypted/Hidden in the CAT file I just test your tool with SFP1 it work just fine

Happy308, you NEED to clear out your attachments.

You can find them by going into you Profle, and looking for the little tab or folder listing thingy.

iiirc,, it's in the My Content link

• Like 1

As far I know all the SF2 LODs are encrypted/Hidden in the CAT file I just test your tool with SFP1 it work just fine

Even locked SF2 LODs can be loaded! Attached is the TWs A-4B. A-1H and A-1J for example gave an error message though.

Again a big thanks to mue for this tool!

post-89464-0-52378200-1422605284_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good news and another big thanks to Mue your tool is now my favorite and save my time more than I can say

Capturedeacutecran2015-01-30101537.png

Edited by Eole2
  • Like 1

Hello Mue,

I created a fake install folder as you suggested and added the cat files one by one.

The cat file that makes the LODViewer crash is "ObjectData002.CAT"

If I Leave this out of the fake folder the LodViewer runs, but I cannot view stock planes.

I get the error "could not load lod file"  So my guess is that al the airplane lod files are in "ObjectData002.CAT"

According to eventviewer MSVCR120.dll is the faulting module.

That means the lodviewer works correct, ObjectData2.cat content should not be visible unless the install/ file has a date prior 2010. Nothing wrong with that. That is the correct way, no fault there.

Being unable to open a file is not an application crash..

Edited by logan4

What a tool! Fantastic. If someone has an old SFV2 with unlocked cats, could you please tell what´s the name of dorsal antennas and cannons of A-1H Skyraider? I want to make a backdated AD-3 version for Korea, but this version has no Vietnam type of antennas and only two wing cannons. Thanks!

I want to make a backdated AD-3 version for Korea, but this version has no Vietnam type of antennas and only two wing cannons. Thanks!

Guess you haven't downloaded my AD-3. The only thing I didn't do was remove the dorsal antenna. It already has the 2 cannon removed

• Like 1

That means the lodviewer works correct, ObjectData2.cat content should not be visible unless the install/ file has a date prior 2010. Nothing wrong with that. That is the correct way, no fault there.

Being unable to open a file is not an application crash..

You are right it's not an application crash, its a Application error.

Mue, sorry for the misunderstanding. i was under the impression that it could open stock LOD files.

Edited by Happy308

You are right it's not an application crash, its a Application error.

Mue, sorry for the misunderstanding. i was under the impression that it could open stock LOD files.

Yes lodviewer can open the locked objectdata002.cat. For me it works.

I don't know why the application crashes for you.

Maybe your objectdata002.cat is different from mine although we have the same patch level jul2013.

I don't understand the locked cat format fully, but I could it reengineer enough to open my exemplar of objectdata002.cat.

My objectdata002.cat has the following properties:

Size: 355.175.658 Bytes

Checksums/Hashes:

CRC-32: 26deb66a

MD4: fc9ad4a71a0ad5bc33666d364e219b69

MD5: 6b8d2c47c201cf97acb8d798d69d2f9c

SHA-1: 9c35aeaaa7ba9a5ed0a611cf08cd048f47567e02

Can you compare it with your objectdata002.cat please?

Btw: Can anyone else read locked lods with lodviewer?

Edited by mue

Hello Mue, the size is 338 MB (355.165.956 bytes)

How do you view the Checksums/Hashes ?

Yes, I can open them. My objectdata2.cat has the same size as yours (mue) and I don't have the unlocked LODs. So it works. Just see the screenshot in my last post.

Edited by Nyghtfall

A-1H and A-1J for example gave an error message though.

Strange. What error message do you get? I can load both aircraft. Its in ObjectData009.cat. Do you have it?

post-52028-0-41621200-1422654090_thumb.jpg

All of my cat files are pre 2013 and I can't open any of them.

The CATs may be different depending on which SF2 version you have, and if you have any DLCs.

FC

Mue. Could you paste the path to the cat your using and are you opening the files from the main install or the user files?

Hello Mue, the size is 338 MB (355.165.956 bytes)

How do you view the Checksums/Hashes ?

Your file size is different from my file. So you have a different cat file. No need to check the checksums.

Probably your file is a bit different encoded/scrambled than my file. And thats the reason my program crashes on your file.

But I don't understand why your file is different? Because you also have patch level jul2013, right?

@mue: "Could not load LOD-file". I tried to open the A-1H.ini/A-1J.ini from the unpacked cat and from a merged installation, both with the same error-message. Most other stock-planes I tried seem to work though. So this is no big problem for me, if it's just the 2. :)

Mue, in case you have a no DLC install that could be an answer. I have all DLC install for example and I can not open any stock bird.

Probably the DLC addition process do something with it that is not present on a pristine cat file.

The CATs may be different depending on which SF2 version you have, and if you have any DLCs.

FC

Let me be specific...by version, I mean SF2 Vietnam, Europe, Israel, North Atlantic, and the Expansion Packs and DLCs.  You could in theory have all sorts of combinations....which may alter the ObjectData002.CAT file.

FC

All of my cat files are pre 2013 and I can't open any of them.

LODViewer expects patch level jul2013.

Mue. Could you paste the path to the cat your using and are you opening the files from the main install or the user files?

In "Extras->Settings->Strike Fighters 2 Installation Directory" you have to set your sf2 install directory not the mod directory. E.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2.

LODViewer scans for all cat files in the Objects and Terrains directories. Currently cat files from both expansion packs and SF2NA can not be opened. But I'm working on it.

Let me be specific...by version, I mean SF2 Vietnam, Europe, Israel, North Atlantic, and the Expansion Packs and DLCs.  You could in theory have all sorts of combinations....which may alter the ObjectData002.CAT file.

FC

I've made a test already and merged installs don't seems to alter ObjectData002.cat. But I don't have any DLC.