mue....how are you at making a tool that can mix data in an ini file?....Ive been trying to merge 2 versions of a squadronlist.ini...trying not to copy the same entry twice.....any way you could see if it could be done?...if poss...

lod viewer excellent m8

Edited by russouk2004

incredible, as always, a big thanks to you! :drinks:

I finally solved a mystery with your great tool...placing a decal on the inside of the skyhawk flaps.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaah!

noob question, what's the difference between hitbox and bounding box?

edit: self explanation..

bounding box: calculated by lodviewer, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_bounding_box

hitbox: coords read directly from data.ini

Edited by Do335

You have a thankful soul here, Mue, many incomplete projects could see sunlight now thanks to you   :biggrin:  :bowdown2:  :crazy:

post-37878-0-19498500-1425818127_thumb.jpg

post-37878-0-92582000-1425818134_thumb.jpg

Very Nice! mue, the movement controls are much better and precise, that was what i wanted. Thank you. Still works in Win XP also.

Edited by RAVEN

This update is great. I was able to plot out missile and gun muzzle positions with ease. A far cry from the trial and error I had to go through when I last updated the Slava's data file.  

I like the update, but curious, should the ability to spin the model in window be gone? And if so how does one view left side of an item or bottom?

DA, spin is Alt+left click and move is Shift+left click. Direct left click selects the node in window, i suppose tis why to deconflict with view moves..

Edited by Do335

Version 0.4 is ready!

Mue, I update Lodviewer from 0.1 to 0.4 now. Since v0.2(or 0.3) it displays object as black ( in fact it is the scene light problem)

The texture only can be seen when the camera is close enough to model. See my screenshots.

-

post-36141-0-17592900-1426393671_thumb.jpg

-

post-36141-0-33792000-1426393679_thumb.jpg

-

I remenber you said that the light in scene was in progress. So i thought the light problem may still there. But , when i see the v0.4 screenshot from others, i find it may be goes wrong somewhere in my LODviewer.

I always overwrite the old version files when updating. From 0.1 to 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4.

Is there anything i missed ?

Mue, I update Lodviewer from 0.1 to 0.4 now. Since v0.2(or 0.3) it displays object as black ( in fact it is the scene light problem)

The texture only can be seen when the camera is close enough to model. See my screenshots.

I remenber you said that the light in scene was in progress. So i thought the light problem may still there. But , when i see the v0.4 screenshot from others, i find it may be goes wrong somewhere in my LODviewer.

I always overwrite the old version files when updating. From 0.1 to 0.2 to 0.3 to 0.4.

Is there anything i missed ?

You wrote, that LODViewer version 0.1 worked. Is that correct?

With version 0.4 does the black textures happen with all objects?

What are your system specs?

You wrote, that LODViewer version 0.1 worked. Is that correct?

With version 0.4 does the black textures happen with all objects?

What are your system specs?

Yes. v0.1 works fine. If i recall correctly, v0.1 & 0.2 can display the texture fine.

From 0.3 (or hotfix of 0.3, can not sure) ,  it show dark texture as now.

This problem happens to every object.

My system and device info:

Win7 64bit

DisplayCard    HD6950 2G GDDR5

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Not only me, but also my friends, have this problem. Their systems are similar to mine

Edited by Velo

Yes. v0.1 works fine. If i recall correctly, v0.1 & 0.2 can display the texture fine.

From 0.3 (or hotfix of 0.3, can not sure) ,  it show dark texture as now.

Please, can you check at which version exactly the textures went dark/black.

Version 0.1:  http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126169

Update 0.2:  http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126870

Update 0.2.1: http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126894

Update 0.2.2: http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126937

Update 0.3: http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=127098

If you zoom in, does the texture "jumps" from black to the normal color or does the texture color gets smoothly brighter from black to the normal color?

Please, can you check at which version exactly the textures went dark/black.

Version 0.1:  http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126169

Update 0.2:  http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=126870

Hi,mue. Here is my test result:

Version 0.1 & 0.2 is good.

From version 0.2.1 it shows dark scene.(black object)

By zooming in, the texture color gets smoothly brighter from black to the normal color.

Just thought I'd add this Velo, I'm running Win 7 64 with the intel intergraded graphics, DirectX 11 and it shows up real fine, but I also installed the DirectX 9. Don't know if it makes a difference? I have the same problem on my XP Machine, with a Redon HD 4650 1gig card..

Just thought I'd add this Velo, I'm running Win 7 64 with the intel intergraded graphics, DirectX 11 and it shows up real fine, but I also installed the DirectX 9. Don't know if it makes a difference? I have the same problem on my XP Machine, with a Redon HD 4650 1gig card..

Interesting. Does that mean this software need different DX  at the same time?  I `ve got DX9 in my Win7 system already. That makes no change.

Hi,mue. Here is my test result:

Version 0.1 & 0.2 is good.

From version 0.2.1 it shows dark scene.(black object)

By zooming in, the texture color gets smoothly brighter from black to the normal color.

Interesting. Does that mean this software need different DX  at the same time?  I `ve got DX9 in my Win7 system already. That makes no change.

Directx version doesn't matter. LODViewer don't depend on Directx it uses OpenGL.

Regarding your test results: I can not understand why this happens.

I changed the texture generation routine in version 0.2. But some users (e.g. Raven) got black textures with the 0.2 version. So with version 0.2.1 I changed the texture routines back to version 0.1. But for you version 0.1 and 0.2 work and 0.2.1 and later not. But I see no difference regarding texture handling between version 0.1 and 0.2.1.

From version 0.2 and later I compiled the lodviewer with xp support. Maybe thats the reason. Although verson 0.2 works for you.

Anyway, I don't believe the xp support is the cause but here is  version 0.4 without xp support:

LODViewerUpdateV0.4_noXP.zip

Anyway, I don't believe the xp support is the cause but here is  version 0.4 without xp support:

attachicon.gifLODViewerUpdateV0.4_noXP.zip

Thanks for addtional work . But by overwriting the v0.4 with this "v0.4_noXP" patch, it failed to fix it

I also overwrite the v0.2 with this "v0.4_noXP" patch, same result.

You said there s no change of the texture rendering funcation after v0.2, so , what could it be?

Shoud i install something like framework 4.5 or any other data base to make the latest LODviewer works fine ?

Edited by Velo

I've been reviewing some min/max extents and hit boxes with the Lod viewer and it may be worth mentioning the lod viewer is "Case Sensitive" regarding nodes so if you have a missing hit box that may be the reason. It's happened to me a couple of times already. The Lod viewer is proving to be very useful finding typos/mistakes within the data inis. Great tool!

• Like 1

I've been reviewing some min/max extents and hit boxes with the Lod viewer and it may be worth mentioning the lod viewer is "Case Sensitive" regarding nodes so if you have a missing hit box that may be the reason. It's happened to me a couple of times already. The Lod viewer is proving to be very useful finding typos/mistakes within the data inis. Great tool!

Thank you baffmeister... mystery solved.

And for Component meshes, the meshname in the data must be correct to start with or the hitbox is not visualized by the LODviewer

Thanks for addtional work . But by overwriting the v0.4 with this "v0.4_noXP" patch, it failed to fix it

I also overwrite the v0.2 with this "v0.4_noXP" patch, same result.

You said there s no change of the texture rendering funcation after v0.2, so , what could it be?

Shoud i install something like framework 4.5 or any other data base to make the latest LODviewer works fine ?

You can try to change the video card settings (especially the texture filtering settings).

Is the game engine case sensitive? And if not, should I change it in LODViewer?

Mue, I dont think the game is (Case Sensitive) not 100% I've never had a CTD or aircraft not show up because of it, or any other problem because of Capital letters. Or a mismatch like Fuselage / fuselage.