Admin i think that Mue sould get a Modder title right yesterday!

he done more then many off the outher modders around here whit only one tool.

my two cents!

Thank you, but actually, I don't see me as a modder since I haven't created and published any mods yet. I'm more of a tool developer.

Sorry maybe stupid question.

I haven´t downloaded it yet.

But do i need to add all updates after installing the basic tool?

No, you only need the first package (since this contains all needed qt libraries) and the latest update. The "update process" is only copying the two files from the update zip package into the lodviewer directory.

Just tried it out.

And it is great. Thank you Mue!

But maybe could you include a feature that exports the mapping as jpg?

Just tried it out.

And it is great. Thank you Mue!

But maybe could you include a feature that exports the mapping as jpg?

On the bottom list, right-click on a texture filename, click on show all nodes on texture, choose the mesh color and you can save it as jpg (just do it with a plain color file as "skin" if you want a clean file) and you're golden... or have I misunderstood what you wanted ?

As a test I created a blank texttur (4096x4096) Gave it the correct name. Selected show all nodes and Exported as a .jpg.

Result, Large clean UV Map. A skinning we will go!

Nice thing mue, but can I request you make the zoom able to be used without a mouse wheel? 

Also noticed that you can take screenies through FRAPS as well, such as this one:

post-5735-0-72943800-1423106803_thumb.jpg

Well..... I got it to open an SF2 NA terrain lod,  couldn't get the texture or mesh to show though. Maybe this could eventually be of some use to our terrain experts.......way above my head though.

I put the IcelandNA data ini in a folder of the same name & renamed the Mesh001 entry to LOD001 & the lod viewer opened it fine.....I suppose you would have to do this for each part of the terrain to build a complete picture from it.

post-841-0-14678900-1423427749_thumb.jpg

It seems the meshing over textures doesn't work all the time and sometimes only on part of models (the F-86E-10 LOD doesn't display some parts, it's fairly weird, I'll upload a screenshot later on).

Also, I may have missed it, but is there any way to unselect a node once selected ?

Finally, a suggestion, is adding a "hide node" option on right-click in the node list on the table ? It would help when skinning overlapping rails/fuel tanks or when checking if parts you plan to remove don't leave a gaping hole.

so, Ant, what you saying (or showing?) could be considered just the tip of the Iceland???

(pun intended ...ducking and running now!!)

• Like 1

Amazing work mue!!

Quite an accomplishment to decrypt both the protected cat files and the 3D model formats.

I hope you can add support for the older simple .cat formats too. I can tell you how to read them, but then again it should be a piece of cake compared to the current format.

Mue, could you maybe please modify how the mapping is exported?

It would be very nice, if only one texture is exported with all the mapping on it

instead of more.

First of all, Mue, thanks for this software, it really has come handy to maybe all modder and no modders my friend, now I don´t know if this will be feasible, but, is it possible that you can make the lods we are painting, to be updated without the need to reopen the file (it was possible with max), if not, again, many thanks for your support to the community.

Flogger23, if you only want to see changes in the texture, just hit the reload button. Of course, if you made any change to the LOD itself, it's another story I think (haven't tested it though, maybe the whole thing is reloaded not just textures).

mue, you have many asking you to change your baby a million ways. Check one box to modder status......

We are the Modders.

You will be assimilated.

Residence is futile!

It seems the meshing over textures doesn't work all the time and sometimes only on part of models (the F-86E-10 LOD doesn't display some parts, it's fairly weird, I'll upload a screenshot later on).

Also, I may have missed it, but is there any way to unselect a node once selected ?

Finally, a suggestion, is adding a "hide node" option on right-click in the node list on the table ? It would help when skinning overlapping rails/fuel tanks or when checking if parts you plan to remove don't leave a gaping hole.

The uv mapping window only shows meshes those texture uv coordinates lie inside the "normal" interval between 0 and 1. Maybe the model uses texture coordinates that lie outside this interval.

You can deselect a node: 1.) in the node list view with ctrl + left click on the node entry or 2.) in the 3d view with ctrl + left click in an empty area.

A "hide node" option is on my todo list.

Amazing work mue!!

Quite an accomplishment to decrypt both the protected cat files and the 3D model formats.

I hope you can add support for the older simple .cat formats too. I can tell you how to read them, but then again it should be a piece of cake compared to the current format.

Yes I can add support for the older formats.

Before I looked at the cat files myself I searched this forum for some infos about the cat file format and I found your posting that described the old format. It helped me a lot. The new formats are not that different. Although the locked cat format added some obfuscation / scrambling.

Flogger23, if you only want to see changes in the texture, just hit the reload button. Of course, if you made any change to the LOD itself, it's another story I think (haven't tested it though, maybe the whole thing is reloaded not just textures).

The reload button only reloads the textures.

• Like 2

mue, many many thanks for this tool, it has sped up a huge amount of the skinning process.

You must be tired of hearing requests left, right and centre, however would you consider (if it is possible) adding a feature to slide through the LOD animations? Often a lot of meshes in a model are hidden due to internal bays etc,

If this isn't possible, or not on your agenda, then no worries at all, in my opinion this is already one of the best utilities ever developed for the SF series.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on being able to see decals appear for the particular skin being used? Decal placement is just as much a PITA as skinning. Would be a huge help. I've been using the .LOD tool. Cant even express how much I wish I had it sooner. Like 5 years ago sooner :biggrin:

quack74, the viewer makes decals quite a bit easier though, while you don't see them, when you mouse over the model it gives you the coordinates, which in conjunction with having the proper node name, makes the game only useful for resizing and the the last centimeters of adjustements.

This is an outstanding tool! I don't know how many hours I have spent guessing node names i the past etc, so thank you! I have only just started using it and I can access TW stock aircraft lods no problem but is it possible to access stock TW cockpit lods? If so how?

Edited by dtmdragon

This is an outstanding tool! I don't know how many hours I have spent guessing node names i the past etc, so thank you! I have only just started using it and I can access TW stock aircraft lods no problem but is it possible to access stock TW cockpit lods? If so how?

Here's a slight workaround...

1. Find out the .LOD file name reference by extracting your chosen aircraft's cockpit .ini file from the appropriate .CAT file, e.g. you can easily see that for the TW Tomcat, it's called "F-14A_cockpit.LOD"
  2. Create a new fake aircraft folder (most easily done by copying over the folder of the aircraft you want to view the cockpit of) and rename it something obvious, e.g. "F-14A_PIT"
  3. Rename the main aircraft .ini file to "F-14A_PIT"
  4. Change the [LOD00X] references in this new .ini file to "F-14A_cockpit.LOD"
  5. Load up the LOD viewer and open this newly created .ini file...

post-5661-0-89439100-1424979788_thumb.png

• Like 6

ok, dummy me can't find the download link!  And, also dummy me, accidently deleted my original download and folder! (stupid, I know!),

so, can someone point me to it?

thanks!!

I think their in this post? Bob IIRC

Yup Zip on page 1 Original Version