i have 3 pictures of the AERO-7D  if you can find some more that would be great

who did use them , Navy  ???  Air Force ???  and what year did they enter service ???

-

post-15260-0-79423600-1439886272_thumb.jpg

post-15260-0-53951700-1439886282.jpg

post-15260-0-81594500-1439886283.jpg

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1

First to fire 156 rockets from an AERO 7D 19 round 2.75" Mighty Mouse rocket launcher (pictured on F9F-8 Cougar BuNo 141050 with a frangible nose cone) is LCdr. Irving Applebaum (left ). Steven Little (right) is head of the NOTS section that developed the Mighty Mouse launcher, Armitage Field, China Lake, 22 June 1956

post-15260-0-63625700-1439886735.jpg

it looks like the Navy used the Aero 7D from 1956 up to the early 70ies

Edited by ravenclaw_007

i finaly got a manual of a Navy fighter showing some of the weapons used ( NATOPS F-8D&E )

listed in this manual are the AERO-7D and LAU-3A/A

i will make a LAU-3A mod for Navy use only with white colored pods

if anybody has a NAVY weapons delivery manual from A-4 , A-6 , A-7 , F-4 or F-8 please let me know  i urgently need one of this manuals

or if you know where one of this manuals is for sale give me please a hint

• Like 1

Thanks but i´m looking for NAVY Aircraft Weapons Delivery Manuals not for the flight manuals

here are the LAU-3A for the Navy and a update for the previous released LAU-3 for the USAF

i made some minor changes

- StartYear=1957_____________for LAU-3A

- Availability=2 (common)______for all LAU-3

just overwrite the existing pods

LAU-3 update.7z

• Like 2

when I was doing the AD-4NLs for KAW, I found out the first multi-rocket pods were the LAU-49s, developed specificly for them, in 1951. It's a 7 shot pod. I know I just reused/edited the LAU-32 for that one. I don't remember the Aero *** designation

Unfortunately I only have Flight Manuals, so I can't help you with this. But I found Standard Aircraft Characteristics of several Planes. I don't have a clue how accurate they are, but I hope they are of any value for you. I had a look at planes, they are candidates for Aero 7D pods. At around 1970 these pods are listed under "Training Stores", with LAU-3A/A usually listed under "Rocket Launchers" on A-4C. In 1967 they are listed under ordnance on the F-4B without mention of LAU-3 (but LAU-10 are listed). And on the A-4E from 1967 only LAU-3A/A Pods are mentioned, but no Aero 7D (not even as training stores). And, to create more confusion, on A-1H/J from 1967 LAU-3/A and Aero 7D are listed unter Rocket Packs. Interesting is the fact, that in the F-4J file the rocketpod is mentioned as "Aero 7D(LAU-3A)" and "Aero 6A-2 (LAU-32A)".

My guess is that Aero 7D was the original designation and at some time in the 60s they were renamed to LAU-3/A...without a variant-letter....and LAU-3A/A would be the second variant (with the change of the more pointy covers to the round ones), that came later and was then first used on USAF-planes. I only found > that < FlightGlobal issue from 1958 of an USAF-plane using Aero 7D Pods. Maybe this was just some sort of test to adapt the Aero 7D to the USAF? I'm guessing here, but maybe someone has more information.

Planes I found, that are listed for Aero 7D or are mentioned in regards of that pod include: A-1 Skyraider (Navy), A-4 Skyhawk (Navy), A-6 Intruder (Navy and Marines), F-4 Phantom (Marines), F4D/F-6 Skyray (Navy, capable after refit with different Pylons), F-8H Crusader (SAC lists both Aero 7D and LAU-3A/A with the Aero-pod being somewhat heavier, maybe due to the different cones?), F11F (your Picture, although in the SAC pods are listed as "Aero 7A"...maybe a variation?), F9F-8 (your picture, testing of the pod, in the SAC as "Aero 7B").

It seems hard to find good pictures of that pod, but next weekend I can have a look at the Scooter!-Book. I think that there was some picture in.

Edited by Nyghtfall

the LAU-61 and LAU-68 may be next

I'm waiting for these so I can post the next updated A-10 Hawg

as Nygthfall mention above the pointed cover may be for the early version of the LAU-3A , i was thinking to make the AERO_7D with this pointed cover with a StartYear=1954 and Mk4 rockets

this way i dont have to add an other LAU-3 to the game , as for the color i like this one on the FJ-4B , i just would like to know if that AERO_7D was used by the USAF at all

-

post-15260-0-19911500-1439928147_thumb.jpg

here are the 2.75 inch rocket section from the NATOPS F-8D&E manual , it mention the 2.75 inch Mk4 "Mighty Mouse" rockets as well

-

post-15260-0-43288200-1439928269_thumb.jpg

The smoke marker effects work great for FAC! I also noticed that there was no real effect on frame rates  :clapping:

I got the Purple Smoke and WP Effects working. Attached are some additional Yellow and Purple WP smoke rockets with pods set up for them, all effects and TGA files included so they should just drop right in. The naming sequence continues what ravenclaw_007 used, Mk16_Zuni_Mk34mod3, Mk16_Zuni_Mk34mod4, Mk40_Mk67mod4, Mk71_Zuni_Mk34mod3, and Mk71_Zuni_Mk34mod4. Mod 3's are Yellow and Mod 4's are Purple.

Note: The Effects are not the same ones that were included by ravenclaw_007, I will get a matching Purple version of that effect soon.

Yellow & Purple Rockets.7z

I away thought that the AERO pod designation was for pods used by Navy interceptors for Air to Air rockets while the LAU pods were for Air to Ground rocket use. 

just found a few LAU-3 pods that use the wrong rockets , please overwrite them with this one

LAU-3 update2.7z

did anybody else found some problems ???

• Like 1

Great job Volker !  thumbs_up_smiley.gif
You and your models are the best ! thumbs_up_by_weapons_expert_cool-d6sx4o7

did anybody else found some problems ???

Only one small problem: The release mode selector switch on the rear end of all TERs are on CBU mode instead of ROCKET mode.

Edited by HungaroJET

Great job Volker !  thumbs_up_smiley.gif

You and your models are the best ! thumbs_up_by_weapons_expert_cool-d6sx4o7

Only one small problem: The release mode selector switch on the rear end of all TERs are on CBU mode instead of ROCKET mode.

hahaha..... that is a good find i will fix that for the final release

does anybody have a picture from the rear of a LAU-68A or B/A launcher ???

i have this one from an early LAU-68A/A pod but non of the LAU-68A or B/A

post-15260-0-96838000-1440595896_thumb.jpg

this is the rear of a LAU-68D/A and a LAU-131A

post-15260-0-62971400-1440595969_thumb.jpg

post-15260-0-23196300-1440595973.jpg

an this is how the LAU-3A looks like

post-15260-0-68247600-1440596032.jpg

this is a picture showing the early and the next generation of an M157 rocket launcher ( M157A/A and M157A ???? )

post-15260-0-31267400-1440596150_thumb.jpg

i just like to know how the rear of a LAU-68A would look like , i have the same problem with the LAU-32 / LAU-61 / LAU-59

• Like 1

A front view of a loaded 7 x 2.75 in case this could be use full

Tucked in a bit tho.

post-11823-0-95221700-1441737638_thumb.jpg

CL

How cool is the Fury? Shame we don't have one for SF2. :(

Sure we do.

post-11823-0-62568100-1441809646.png

http://combatace.com/files/file/12233-fj-3m-fury-by-zur-and-co-for-sf2/

http://combatace.com/files/file/14053-sf2-naa-fj-3m-fury-ver2/

Its a gas for light attack.

The way cool F4D Sky Ray used mickey mouse also but probably 4 max.

CL

Edited by charlielima

Sorry If I not made myself clesr, but what we miss is late carisnts, the one with the new shape, not the Sabre clones.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to get slant loaded variants of the twin pod setups? As in loaded on the outer and bottom stations of the TER as opposed to in the two top stations?

Dtmdragon's RNZAF Phantom @ http://combatace.com/files/file/15812-f-4-phantom-ii-in-royal-new-zealand-air-force-service-what-if/

Has a "left" and "right" one in its weapon folder. Ok for a plane with 6 or less hardpoints were you can have separate groups for each side, but challenging for one with more.

CRV7_x2_left_Green.zipCRV7_x2_right_Green.zip

CL

Dtmdragon's RNZAF Phantom @ http://combatace.com/files/file/15812-f-4-phantom-ii-in-royal-new-zealand-air-force-service-what-if/

Has a "left" and "right" one in its weapon folder. Ok for a plane with 6 or less hardpoints were you can have separate groups for each side, but challenging for one with more.

CL

this only works with left and right pods not as a single pod for both sides , it is not a real help especially with rocket pods that have a large variety on rockets and with or without nose covers

i could make a set though

Sorry to revive this old thread, but seems like, the weight for your LAU-10 twin pods is wrong. Currently it's the same as the weight for the triple-pods.