Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So in my install of the Vietnam gold mod pack the VNAF B-57s are HORRIBLY broken, the pilots sticking out, broken textures, I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, I have all the update patches for it and everything!

deargodbrokenb57.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ZenKusa said:

So in my install of the Vietnam gold mod pack the VNAF B-57s are HORRIBLY broken, the pilots sticking out, broken textures, I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, I have all the update patches for it and everything!

deargodbrokenb57.jpg

I had the same problem less than a month ago;are old Data.ini,using an Extractor ( I use the TW one) go in the ObjectData009 and extract the B-57B_Data.ini and replace the old one in your modded folder

Here my same problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mod You have installed needs proper fake pilot parts ...  you simply  need to add its fake pilot

So the pilot you see on the plane  top nose we can call "the" fake pilot

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont mess with Vietnam anything  as much to know the specifics but i'd say the decal ini needs replacing with stock as well

if the wing insignia are tga, then it is in fact messed up. more likely (esp. if the insignia is on skin) its just not reading, given the lack of serial number on the tail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, whiteknight06604 said:

you might be using a mod that's designed for a third party or SF1 version of the  b-57 with the stock SF2 version. 

exactly.

was about to say the same thing. SF1 ini 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup, wrong data ini, and missing parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

I had the same problem less than a month ago;are old Data.ini,using an Extractor ( I use the TW one) go in the ObjectData009 and extract the B-57B_Data.ini and replace the old one in your modded folder

Here my same problem

I appreciate it!, but where do I find the ObjectData009? and by extractor, do you mean just pull out the Data.ini from there and override the modded one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a Cat extractor to extract the ini files,I use the TW one. When you launch the extractor,hit the browse button and go on the folder where SF2 is installed for me:

C:/Program(x86)/Thirdwire/StrikeFighter2/Object/ObjectData009

 

Anyway if you need the B-57B_Data this is the file,drag in your B-57B folder and let to overwrite

 

B-57B_DATA.INI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RustyKurnass said:

You need a Cat extractor to extract the ini files,I use the TW one. When you launch the extractor,hit the browse button and go on the folder where SF2 is installed for me:

C:/Program(x86)/Thirdwire/StrikeFighter2/Object/ObjectData009

 

Anyway if you need the B-57B_Data this is the file,drag in your B-57B folder and let to overwrite

 

B-57B_DATA.INI

Thanks a bunch! do you know where to get the cat extractor by the way? the others in the thread say I need the original decal.ini as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sundowner said:

You probably need the updated decals ini as well.

I hate to ask, but how do I do that? I'm still pretty new to all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look at one of a stock decal.ini thats working and see if you can adjust the coordinates of the messed up decal.ini to match the decal locations. it might needs some tweeking here and there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you delete stock skin folders dont they revert to latest and use newer decals too ? like deleting data.ini etc game reverts to stock (latest updated that is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, it should.

but...

back up the skin folder just in case (cover your ass). Which is odd, as the VNAF is a stock skin for B-57B, so it shouldn't even HAVE a seperate skin folder, but pulls all from the cat.

Of course, as stated in the opening post, it's from the VN mod pack (would be nice to know exactly which one, eh?). I know for sure it's several years out of date. So, don't be surprised when there's others that are fucked up.

And, as an extra added bonus, I"d suggest spending some time in the SF1 & SF2 Knowledge Bases; all the "how do I do...." questions are answered there. Like, in the SF1/Wo* "how to use the cat extractor" tutorial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wrench said:

yes, it should.

but...

back up the skin folder just in case (cover your ass). Which is odd, as the VNAF is a stock skin for B-57B, so it shouldn't even HAVE a seperate skin folder, but pulls all from the cat.

Of course, as stated in the opening post, it's from the VN mod pack (would be nice to know exactly which one, eh?). I know for sure it's several years out of date. So, don't be surprised when there's others that are fucked up.

And, as an extra added bonus, I"d suggest spending some time in the SF1 & SF2 Knowledge Bases; all the "how do I do...." questions are answered there. Like, in the SF1/Wo* "how to use the cat extractor" tutorial

Ah sorry about that, Its the Air & Ground War Expansion, I just call it Gold for short.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ther's and error in the Decals.ini, wrong positions, I made a quick correction, worked for me.

Aniway, in the download section you find much better skin,both USAF and VNAF

Try this

DECALS.INI

img00027.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RustyKurnass said:

Ther's and error in the Decals.ini, wrong positions, I made a quick correction, worked for me.

Aniway, in the download section you find much better skin,both USAF and VNAF

Try this

DECALS.INI

img00027.JPG

Thanks so much bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..