I got it to work properly.

img00109.thumb.JPG.7a01194bcc2572befb8a1313ba54f1b2.JPG

Now i must look for houses that looks more  vietnamese.

• Like 1

Hi Mue, In a first time I want to thank for your work; it makes my skinner life much more easy :clapping:

I ordered a brand new PC and it runs on Windows 11 so is your LODVIEWER Windows 11 friendly ?

version 0.11 works fine. Thanks!

img00111.thumb.JPG.998304c1340cb6a13f33ed38dd66028b.JPG

The terrain looks much better with houses, that looks like houses and not like cubes.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

off topic but in pic

love the detail of the painted out tail markings :ok:

• Like 1

Extract from Wikipedia:

Operational history[edit]

The An-26 has a secondary bomber role with underwing bomb racks. The racks are attached to the fuselage in front of and behind the rear landing gear. In the bombing role it was extensively used by the Vietnam People's Air Force during the Cambodian–Vietnamese War and Sudanese Air Force during the Second Sudanese Civil War and the War in Darfur.[7] Russian Forces have also trained with the An-26 as a bomber.[8]

pic-28.jpg

pic-29.jpg

• Like 3

Small correction: not under wing but fuselage bomb pylons on An-26.

• Like 1

Can we copy TODS from one terrain to another? Thinking in adding cars and trucks from Germany CE to other terrains.

On 11/07/2022 at 2:48 PM, Stratos said:

Can we copy TODS from one terrain to another? Thinking in adding cars and trucks from Germany CE to other terrains.

I assume you mean TOD objects:
In the TODEditor you can save a selected object with right mouse button -> Save Object as *.obj or *.3ds files (saving as *.lod file doesn't work (yet)). Afterwards you can load the object with File->Object Manager...->Load Object and place it on a (new) TOD.
But note: the texture coordinates (texture mapping) of the object were not changed. That means the texture of the object must be located on the new texture (atlas) at the same position as on the original texture (atlas). Alternatively the texture mapping of the object (*.obj or *.3ds file) can be changed/adapted with a 3D modeler program, i.e. blender or 3D Max. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your contribution. They have made SF2 more possible possibility!

btw is there any possibility to make LOD exporter compatible with the higher version of blender, or there will be a version compatible with the higher version of 3dsmax? The interaction of the old version has been torturing my willpower repeatedly [sad]

Edited by simonmiller416

You could model in the newer version and export to LOD with 2.79. Maybe it works. I did a quick test some time ago and I didn't see any obvious problem. But it was a quick test only, as I am used to the old UI and didn't have to motivation lately to relearn the new UI.

Does anybody have issues with the TOD Editor "freezing" after editing 3 or 4 TODs ? I cant remember if it's always done that for me or it's something new.

I just have to exit the program & restart it, but it's a bit of a pain when I'm trying to edit 300+ TODs.

I'm using Win 10 Pro.

I've had it do that with Win7 too. might be something about overloading memory?? I got the point I'd just do one or 2 tiles, save and exit, reopen the editor and start working again

On 3.1.2024 at 10:07 PM, Sundowner said:

Does anybody have issues with the TOD Editor "freezing" after editing 3 or 4 TODs ?

I haven't experienced any problems on my system yet.
What graphic card do you have?
Does it always happen after editing 3-4 TODs?
When does the freeze happen: after loading, after saving or while editing?

My graphics card is a Radeon RX580 8Gb .

Last night it was freezing after every third edit, it would actually save the TOD but I could'nt open another, nothing worked.

Strange thing is that I could still exit the TOD editor by pressing the x in the top right of the window.....I did'nt need to close it via task manager.

Then I'd just restart the editor as normal again.

If anyone experience the same problem as Sundowner did (TODEditor freezing after opening/saving some TOD files):
I uploaded a minor update (version 0.1.2) of the TODEditor. It now uses the native Windows file dialog. That should fix the freezing issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I must apologize ... I got the TODEditor confused with the 3W Terrain Editor. THAT's the one that freezes occasionally.

I just started looking at the TODEditor this week, so I was not speaking correctly.

I do have a question ... how DOES one import the solid and alpha objects? Just the stock ones for now, so I can experiment. I read the readme, but it only seems to want to bring in outside objects (I'm dumb at this, so bear with me!!! :) )

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wrench said:

I do have a question ... how DOES one import the solid and alpha objects? Just the stock ones for now, so I can experiment. I read the readme, but it only seems to want to bring in outside objects (I'm dumb at this, so bear with me!!! :) )

Yes, you first have to load objects (*.obj, *.3ds or *.lod) into the TOD editor with File->Object Manager->Load Objects... . Then you can place those object with RMB -> Add or by pressing 'A' onto a TOD.
As a 'workaround' to use 'stock' TOD objects you can load a TOD with 'stock' objects, select an object and save this object with RMP -> Save Object. Then you can later load that object as described above.

• Like 2

Master Mue, could you please  ....

Do exporter for Blender 4 ???

Times are changing. The new Blender has a lot of features that you won't find in the old versions and it doesn't even make sense to compare it with Max 2009.
It is a very modern 3d creator. I do not desire miracles. Let this exporter work like the one for 2.79, but save us from transferring files to older version of Blender ....
Please, we beg ... :bowdown2:.

• Like 3