Hello everyone,

My goal is to fully use RTX 3080Ti in my new gaming laptop as much as possible for SF2, even though it is an old simulation.  I tweaked the settings in the Nvidia panel for Il-2 1946.  I want to do the same thing for SF2.  So to anyone here who has successfully configured Nvidia panel settings for SF2, may I ask for the configuration here?

It can be used here as a reference for us to tweak our Nvidia panel.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers

Edited by Eagle114th
  • Like 2

You just go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and search for SF2, and allow it to use the 3D card. Not much else you can do if that's what you mean.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

You just go into the NVIDIA Control Panel and search for SF2, and allow it to use the 3D card. Not much else you can do if that's what you mean.

Thank you for the reply.  What I was meant to ask is the specific settings (configuration) for Nvidia panel.  For example, triple buffering, AA, CPU Cuba, etc. 

When I tweaked IL-2 1946, I followed this guide as an example:

DSR Factors = Off
Anisotropic filtering = 16x
Antialiasing - FXAA = Off
Antialiasing - Setting = 8x
Antialiasing - Gamma correction = On
Antialiasing - Mode = Override any Application Setting
Antialiasing - Transparency = Multisample
Preferred Refresh rate = Highest Available
CUDA - GPUs = All
Triple buffering = Off (This depends, you might want to set it to "on" if you experience tearing or micro-stutters if using a monitor without G-Sync)
Power management mode = Prefer Maximum Performance
Optimize for compute performance = Off
Maximum pre-rendered frames = 3
Monitor-technology = G-SYNC (only if available)
Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) = Off
OpenGL-rendering GPU = Auto
Shadercache = On
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization = Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias = Clamp
Texture filtering - Quality = Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear Optimization = On
Threaded optimization = Auto
Vertical sync = Fast (try other modes if you aren't satisfied...)
Pre-rendered VR-Frames = 1

I am asking for SF2 version from the community here who have tweaked it to work the best way with SF2.

• Like 1

What kind of results are you getting with those settings? they look pretty good.

How can you fly without Antialiasing ? As to me antialising is most important thing in any game. as to me. I hate the dog sized pixels in old games. If the game crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on forcibly, then I use wrappers. my opinion. this is only thing i change in any case

5 minutes ago, bazillius said:

How can you fly without Antialiasing ? As to me antialising is most important thing in any game. as to me. I hate the dog sized pixels in old games. If the game crashes when anti-aliasing is turned on forcibly, then I use wrappers. my opinion. this is only thing i change in any case

I purposely copied IL-2 1946 Nvidia setting as an example to explain what I was trying to do here.  I am not using the Il-2 1946 Nvidia setting for SF2.  However, I am now working on configuring my own version for SF2.  I agree with you that Antialiasing is a MUST have for SF2.

Cheers

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eagle114th said:

Thank you for the reply.  What I was meant to ask is the specific settings (configuration) for Nvidia panel.  For example, triple buffering, AA, CPU Cuba, etc. 

When I tweaked IL-2 1946, I followed this guide as an example:

I am asking for SF2 version from the community here who have tweaked it to work the best way with SF2.

Oh. I haven't messed with it and left it at the "default" with little antialiasing and the results are good enough to not tweak it at all. I guess the resolution of the screen helps with that as I have no pixelation or whatnot going on.

1 hour ago, bazillius said:

How can you fly without Antialiasing ?

Have you heard of our Lords and Saviours DSR and DLSS ? Not only does it provide better images than any AA mode, but it also comes at a fraction of the cost on most older games (for DSR) and many newer ones (for DLSS when supported).

2 hours ago, Gunrunner said:

Have you heard ......... DSR and DLSS ?

Aha. Now tell me does SF2 support it?

DLSS I don't know, but DSR yes, that's what I run. Just make sure to select the higher resolution in SF2 after making the change in the control panel. Don't worry, even if it's larger than your monitor's resolution the drivers will downscale it automatically to it.

38 minutes ago, Gunrunner said:

DLSS ... DSR

DLSS - is not supported by game. Tu turn it on you need the game with DLSS support

DSR the result is like FXAA. You can' not distinguish them in SF2. In nutshels its similar technologies. Removing the ladder is simply by scaling the resolution.  

As far as I remember, in SF2 anti-aliasing is enough to enable in the game itself. But i am too lazy to check it out

Edited by bazillius

i checked. no. anti-aliasing is not in preferences in the game SF2 but i turned it on in drivers by default and not touch it for many years. i tryed to turn it off and rise DSR and i see not much difference as to me. so i rolled back to default DSR value and turned back antialiese. I think its better performanse. As to me.

Edited by bazillius

I want to clarify that we are now talking about old games. In newer games such as 2019, of course, it is better to use other types of anti-aliasing that the game itself supports. CSAA, MSAA etc. But if you play o;d gamed kinda Il-2 SF-2 turn on antialising and forget. this is only my opinion. you need to chose what is best for your eyes for sure. I just saw anti-aliasing turned off in the settings and was horrified. in IL-2, pixels are the size of a German shepherd.

On 13.4.2022 at 2:48 AM, EricJ said:

i feel so stupid right now , i always wondered why i cant get some airplanes to work with the heavily modded Germany terrain and the Anatolia terrain , now i know it , Thank you for giving me this reminder :drinks:

• Like 1

So, I read some uninformed bullshit that made my head hurt, I'll leave this here because I'm lazy and would end up being rude : 

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

i feel so stupid right now , i always wondered why i cant get some airplanes to work with the heavily modded Germany terrain and the Anatolia terrain , now i know it , Thank you for giving me this reminder :drinks:

No problem man...

I've never used the Nvidia panel for SF/SF2. I'll have to give it a try!!

Neither have I, and I selected 4x for AA so it looks okay, and works fine.

• Like 1

I am happy this post is created, so we community can give it a try!

If anyone dont' mind, can you share your nvidia panel settings with us too?

That way we can exchange the settings and experiment which works the best for us with the Nvidia video card.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 9:10 AM, Gunrunner said:

DLSS I don't know, but DSR yes, that's what I run. Just make sure to select the higher resolution in SF2 after making the change in the control panel. Don't worry, even if it's larger than your monitor's resolution the drivers will downscale it automatically to it.

Are you using DSR in global mode in the Nvidia control panel? I do not have it showing under SF2 program settings in Nvidia control panel. 

Yes, you set up your DSR ratio in the control panel, it then opens higher resolutions in SF2 graphic options, chose these resolutions higher than your monitor native resolution and the driver will automatically use them and rescale to your native resolution.

Let's say I have a 1920x1200 monitor, when I go into the graphic tabs of SF2, the maximum resolution will be shown as 1920x1200, but if I went into the nVidia Control Panel and activated a 4x DSR ratio, the 3840x2400 resolution would also be available, if I select it, the image displayed would still be in 1920x1200 perfectly fitting my monitor but it would be downscaled from 3840x2400 automatically, giving better image quality through finer color rather than spatial resolution.

Edited by Gunrunner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1