i bought a new lap with OS windows 11, i used to play SF2 When I had win8.1

could SF2 been able to be played in WIN11???

i tried to set up SF2 , when launching the game no action happened !!!!!

Try to run the game in a compatibility mode.

I don't run it in compatibility mode but it may help with your laptop. Once you get it working it works fine with Win11.

15 minutes ago, combatace444 said:

Run the game or run the install in compatibility mode?

Install the game  then run compatibility mode

15 hours ago, combatace444 said:

i bought a new lap with OS windows 11, i used to play SF2 When I had win8.1

could SF2 been able to be played in WIN11???

i tried to set up SF2 , when launching the game no action happened !!!!!

I still have the Win 10 installed. Never tried it on Win 11. Game was made fully compatible to Win 7. Win 10 and 11 have the same NT core. It should be working. Strange that you say it doesn't. Try what Eric suggested and then try to run it as admin.

The game worked for me, with 10 and 11 without problems. 

Edited by GKABS

I run it in Windows 11 home 64 okay.

May not be necessary as these are legacy steps from Vista days.

In the shortcut properties (Compatibility tab)

ticked:

Run the program in compatibility mode for windows 7

Disable Full screen optimisations

Run program as administrator.

Core game files are not installed in Program files.

Make sure you dont have an antivirus program trying to stop the exe running also

• Like 1

I Just wanted to thank you all for you posts, finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy it works and i begin hunting :)

thank you all

I'm trying to find the Win11 F.U. slider, and set it to off. :smile: At random, on any terrain and a/c, it's as if my system decides "Ah F**k this guy, and I find myself staring at my desktop. No rhyme, reason, or warning: one minute I'm going along nicely, and then it's "how the he** did I get here?" The game works with or without compatibility mode on.....it's just a random thing. Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?

It's done it a few times, but overall rarely for me. I guess when I alt-tab by myself to switch songs I fulfill it's function to do that, dunno.

• Like 1

if im running anything else more major than Gimp and/or Firefox, mine will sometime crash the game, sometimes the whole system.

again, im running a system where i activated the TPM so i could upgrade from 10 to 11. various bits still seem mad at me for doing so

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 1:26 AM, combatace444 said:

I Just wanted to thank you all for you posts, finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy it works and i begin hunting :)

thank you all

I'm glad things worked out for you sport.

Well, it's not working all that well for me. It ran fine on Win 10, but in 11, I get either kicked to desktop at 30%, or 80%, or it will load normally. I have tried the compatibility tab, as well as the administrator tab, and disabled full screen optimizations. And yet, it's a 50-50 shot the game will load completely. On some maps, no issue. Try & rerun the mission...out you go. I'm a newcomer to Win 11, so what am I not looking at?

I don't know as I rarely have loading issues, other than the game (or mine really) doesn't like Photoreal UK from Sundowner. That's the only map I have problems with, other than the stock Iceland map. It sometimes alt+Tabs on it's own, but that's rare too under Windows 11. I do have it set to Administrator though, and used it to fix another issue that I can't remember why I stated to do it.

Going back to the basics on how to fix a nagging problem: uninstall it and reinstall it. :smile: Maybe something got skewed somehow. We'll see how that goes.

• Like 2