6 minutes ago, bazillius said:

but no one asked me for permission to publish. Let's delete everything? Should we start listing these mods?

if thats the case then go for it

if it has your work and was uncredited, by all means insist on that due credit.

if you dont want your work included (because of non credit or disagreement) request ot have it pulled.

contact the offending modder first, then Erik if they dont agree. but most around here (CA) will adjust if they find that parts were miscredited or used w/o permission

not sure if its a translation thing, a economic thing or personal thing but you still confuse "free" with "no money". the point here has been that the mods are provided for no money to the end user. terms of use are the cost to the end user. terms that get set because of of time  the modder spent.

anything that has exchanged hands in all of humanity has had some cost attached to it if it was done legally (ie not stolen). it might be a very small and seemingly negligible cost but its still there

2 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

simply put, dont make your own money off my work

wow! how many money have you lost? shood i pay?

9 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

I just want people to just enjoy the game. I don't want to do bullshit. There is complete crap going on in the world. Right now there are cruise missiles flying through my city and you have a more important problem. A plastic bucket was stolen. I've been modding games for a long time and recognize models at first sight. If I start listing everything, it will needed to delete half.

Edited by bazillius

2 minutes ago, bazillius said:

wow! how many money have you lost? shood i pay?

lets say 0.33 kopiika per view on any video featuring one of my skins. seems the going rate for a newly monetized account

or better still, just give credit for the parts that arent yours.

which is one of the biggest gripes, and biggest terms of use in the readmes

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

lets say 0.33 kopiika

sorry i will not download your work anymore. i thought yyou are my friend and just gift me your skins. sorry, i will not rober you anymore on such big money as 0.33 kopiika

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bazillius said:

I just want people to just enjoy the game. I don't want to do bullshit. There is complete crap going on in the world.

yeah i know you got it rougher than 99% of the community at the moment.  part of why the argument suprises me abit

there are some that have a big issue with this. not the biggest problem in the world, but it is a major problem in their world

having had a skin and the model done like that with credit to neither, i understand their point of view

i do fail to see why its hard to simply put a sentence in somewhere saying "this person did this part of the project you see"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sorry i will not download your work anymore. i thought yyou are my friend and just gift me your skins. sorry, i will not rober you anymore on such big money as 0.33 kopiika

your choice. although i thought i was saying the equivient of 1/3 of a penny. my misunderstanding of Ukrainian money in a sarcastic comment

6 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

or better still, just give credit for the parts that arent yours.

although note that i offered an alternate price regardless of what i set it in as cash money

3 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

credit

in the topic you started, where the site that everyone wanted to download (STOLE!), Capun was mentioned. So, ALL the planes of the Capun were STOLEN. All. Everyone. I once had a quarrel with a Capun and decided to remake one plane. I found the author. I wrote to him. It was a plane of FS2004. The author of that plane was surprised that I was asking his permission. He told me to do what I wanted, he was not interested in the fate of his plane. He doesn’t know any Capun and no Combatace website. He gave away his plane for nothing and forgot about it.

and you in seriouse want from me 0.33 kopiyca. haha i am realy foxed up alittle :biggrin:

He told me to do what I wanted, he was not interested in the fate of his plane. He doesn’t know any Capun and no Combatace website. He gave away his plane for nothing and forgot about it.

very generous of him. most people at least want to be recognized for what they did

and you in seriouse want from me 0.33 kopiyca. haha i am realy foxed up alittle :biggrin:

nah, a link to the video you made with footage of one of my skins; and mention of who made it in the next video is actually enough.

my shits been tight last couple months too. this month i got 3 pennies to spend :pilotfly:

12 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

1/3 of a penny.

0.33 kopiyca sure this is nothing.

I would be happy to transfer this money to you now. or rather, it is impossible to transfer such a small amount. You can transfer a whole amount, no less than hryvnia. I'm just really surprised by the conversation about that kind of money. This is downright petty. By the way, did somebody steal the site there already? otherwise I’m not following the conversation.

6 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

nah, a link to the video you made with footage of one of my skins; and mention of who made it in the next video is actually enough.

which video? truly i understand nothing. i think we need to stop this useless conversation. See ya. i visited this topick again just cuz i v seen notification.

I also want to quote a license message from the SAS community that makes BAT for the IL-2.  There are writen literaly one string: “Do with this mod whatever fuck you want.” I don’t understand what kind of glory and money people want who initially make modifications for free.

14 minutes ago, bazillius said:

otherwise I’m not following the conversation.

^^^^^^^this part ^^^^^

you said "how much do i owe you". i gave a sarcastic comment in reply

in this case (conversation between you and me) it was never about the money. my point has just been to give the credit where its due. "bazillus made this, daddyairplanes made that, and heres how their old work got improved"

its decent manners, and its basically a condition of use of nearly all the mods (that if you change something and release you will say who made the original and what you changed)

no, no one can afford to send a lawyer after someone that violates those terms.

so instead, we post about it on here.  whether its viewed  "crying about a plastic spoon" or "letting everyone know about a page on Facebook", that perception is on each individual member

Edited by daddyairplanes

12 minutes ago, daddyairplanes said:

sarcastic

Facebook

Today you can no longer understand where people write sarcasm and where they write seriously.
As for Facebook, I want to say that because of censorship, complainers and offended , social networks have become impossible to use. Especially because of the offended and complainants from one country, I will not mention the name. They are professional offended and complainers. One day I wrote on Facebook when asked what I was doing, I wrote that I was listening to “Metallica Kill em All.” Guess what happened? you are banned for 29 days for inciting violence. This all happens because of complainers and offended . I had to stop using Facebook and switch to a national social network.

World rolls to shit and dictature. About freedom we will ask soon ah! what this word mean? do you remember? I am not. the whole world is following the path of global censorship and digital concentration camp.

• Like 2

The freeware licensing for CA is here.

This has not changed much since about 2008.

In the West this is seen as a basic common courtesy and politeness to fellow members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MigBuster said:

The freeware licensing for CA is here.

I am not in the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So BAN Menrva and delete this mod. (in reality i am happy you are using my aircraft and i want it will be shared to everyone in every pack. But rules are rules)

Clipboard01dddddddddddd.jpg

NO ACTION NEEDED IN REAL. As to mee do everything you want. Just curiouse double standarts

Clipboard01vv.jpg

Where is my readme???????????????? I did redme for at least half an hour. I selected a font and searchd it from the Internet A LOT OF TIME!!. I'm proud of my readme for this plane, but it wasn't here. Ther was originaly and pictured. (i am kidding. i nunderstand that my read me not match the conception of the mod. but rules are rules........... rules say tht read me must be. So Please place it.)

This is my plastic scoop and my plastic bucket!

Edited by bazillius

@bazillius You were credited in the Thanks page of the ODS mod, it's not like I'm taking credit for the work done by other modders. Anyway, I had already decided to remove your MiG-29UB from the next version of the mod. I'm not comfortable with featuring the work of someone who condones piracy and the violation of intellectual properties. Not to mention that I seriously doubt you made that 3d model from scratch yourself. Thank you for your understanding.

PS: if you have a beef with me, just say it and insult me in private, I prefer it. This thing has dragged on for too long. When I posted the topic, I simply wanted to advise other respectable modders that their work was being shared without their permission and/or without them knowing. It seems it hurt you in some way (maybe because you like to download stuff from dubious sources) and now you're persecuting me. You want to impose your view on intellectual properties on everyone. You had the right to notify the admins that you didn't want me to include your aircraft in a package, I genuinely didn't notice you were not in the freeware licensing agreement. Just because you don't care about your own works, it doesn't mean others shouldn't care about theirs. But you don't want to understand it, this has been a pointless conversation. From now on, every time I want to post anything, do I need to send you a PM asking for your permission and blessing to do so? It seems so.

Edited by Menrva
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Menrva said:

decided to remove your MiG-29UB from the next version of the mod.

condones piracy and the violation of intellectual properties. Not to mention that I seriously doubt you made that 3d model from scratch yourself. Thank you for your understanding.

If you want, delete it of course.

If you find this model in the source MAX and tell me where I “stole” it, I will gift you my car. I have this model one in the world. i don't "condones piracy" . like I said, I just want people to play and enjoy the game. another user advise me to complain/ i did it as an example

20 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

just want to understand why  All modellers are equal, but some modellers are more equal than others. One modeler can steal, another modeler cannot steal. Readme files are required, but not required for some repackers.  I was shocked when the day after the death of a man, you, a fighter for justice, offered to steal his website. 

"I seriously doubt you made that 3d model from scratch yourself." Well, this was written solely out of resentment. You know that you are wrong and decided to offend me in this way too. It looks pathetic.

yes, and initially your mod was paid. All planes are free, but the modification itself was paid. Have we started to waste time on trifles and count money? I just showed you your own work as an example. Great job, very nice modification. But you don’t have to follow the rules, but for example I must.  Why were there attacks on my mods and not on yours? I'm wondering why this is so. And hysteria started from you not from me.

Edited by bazillius

4 hours ago, Menrva said:

(maybe because you like to download stuff from dubious sources) and now you're persecuting me.

You had the right to notify the admins that you didn't want me to include your aircraft in a package, I genuinely didn't notice you were not in the freeware licensing agreement.

I  persecuting you???? how? you said your opiniuon i said mine. and the hysteria began.

I no longer know what words to explain so that it is clear. I already wrote that you need to be consistent. Or don’t throw a tantrum that they flew over your landscape or don’t steal a dead person’s website.

And I, of course, did not expect such pettiness. Someone will record how they fly on my skin, post it on YouTube and earn a lot of money. Oh-oh-oh! Crime!!!!!!! POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bazillius

4 hours ago, Menrva said:

and now you're persecuting me.

I don’t know what kind of eyes you read with, maybe your glasses are foggy. I specifically wrote NO ACTION NEEDED against your repack. I gave an example of how others pack and repack airplanes without following the rules. Now you somehow read that I am stalking you. On the contrary, I wish you creative success. You are realy strange person. realy.

I seriously doubt you made that 3d model from scratch yourself.

I am waiting for evidence or recognition that your accusations are unfounded and are slander.

@bazillius  decided to remove your MiG-29UB

I seriously doubt you made that 3d model from scratch yourself.

Don't forget to remove the MiG-29SMT from your hard drive. I gave it to you by mistake because I thought you were my friend. Its, too, then it turns out, is “stolen.” From now on, I will send my planes more carefully. Not to everyone whom i like on first sight.

Edited by bazillius

Gentlemen,

It's the holidays and a new year is right around the corner. Nobody needs harsh words though I understand some people are passionate about their views. Let's please consider getting back to where we were before this topic was ever started and let us not ruin some good friendships over any of this. Yes, some have been wronged but our problem isn't with the people here but the ones taking work and sharing it inappropriately. When it comes down to it, we're all limited to regulate proprietary infringement unless you're willing to spend the time and money it takes to police it. I wish you all great holiday blessings and may 2024 bring health, prosperity, and happiness to you and your families.

Kindly,

Erik   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Thanks Erik, Happy New Year to you as well.

Posted (edited)

Guys, no one here has committed an infraction, it is unfortunate that they are distancing themselves just to defend ideas and outside others who have committed an infraction do not care what is happening here... @Menrva, @daddyairplanes, @bazillius, you are valuable, I don't know get angry just for presenting different positions...Bazillius has not promoted anything against CA, I only see that he renounces claiming ownership of his work (he does not want to worry about that) and that is his right. ...the rest of the opinions are subjective and we can agree or not but they are only our opinions... please do not marginalize your joint projects. unity is strength... we also have different nationalities with our ways of speaking and expressing ideas here standardized to english, which does not always faithfully interpret what we want to say in verbal language... so let's not take it literally at all, Happy new year guys, may this year be fruitful here and in your private life and I reiterate my admiration and respect for each of you.

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well said, PeacePuma, well said

• Like 2