Jump to content

Erik

OWNER
  • Posts

    7,246
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    42

Everything posted by Erik

  1. Something I should look into, thank you.
  2. Miscommunication and perception of the facts, simply put. Nobody is out to single out your view points or censor you. Your post was removed (shown above) because someone thought it was a flame or offensive. I can see why and it is easy to do when people forget to stay on topic and refrain from making things personal. No big deal we move on. Unless of course you meant to say that I am a horrible one sided prick. Your post is great. I would have only posted this much of it however and it would have been just as affective. I hope that helps. Being a Moderator is NOT an easy job, it's completely thankless and sometimes we make mistakes or error on the side of caution to prevent an all out flame war. You eluded to tolerance and acceptance implying that "others" have none. I would hope that everyone thinks about that before they post. Unfortunately they don't and unfortunately we all have been there. At ease sir we're all friends here.
  3. Agreed ... Wells Chargo and I called it quits after 35 years of business recently. My most honest answer why is because I was tired of feeding the machine that does absolutely nothing for me that they don't charge me for anyway. My free checking was the last shred of dignity I had with them. I moved to something local and I can't tell you how amazing it is to walk in and have them know who I am. Expletive all those commercial large banks.
  4. What forum are you trying to research? To change your viewing threshold in a forum go to the topic view page. This is the page where all the topics are listed in that specific forum. Scroll down and at the bottom of the topic list you'll see this link: "Click here to show filter options" You can adjust your view settings there. The search tool also will return older posts if you specify it in the advanced section. The forum automatically prunes older posts from view by default to keep things current. The older stuff is still accessible however. Hope that helps.
  5. Erik

    Mobile Skin

    The forum has a new skin for mobile devices. It would be helpful if anyone who access this site or wants to help check the skin functionality can use it and report back. The skin selection tool is in the lower left corner of all the site's windows. Thanks.
  6. The reason it didn't work the first time has to do with the way we store files. The system couldn't understand the accent marks in the file name "OPIsbjörn.rar". It wants to convert everything to English. I hacked your file into place with some database edits but until I get this fixed don't include accents in the files you upload (ie English only). Sorry for the confusion the file is approved and ready to go.
  7. In the reply box find the little icon that looks like multiple images stacked on one another, mousing over it shows "insert media". Paste the URL from Youtube into the box and click "Insert Media". The reply box will show something that looks like this. (Edited so it shows up) [/media] [/media] Sometimes you might copy more than just the URL and video code which might not work but I know the above does and produces something that looks like this:
  8. Hmmmmmmmm tough one. I think this is a left versus right hand not knowing what either is doing permissions issue. I've hacked it up a bit let's see if that works.
  9. A section for ROF in our downloads area was requested and is now open. I hope everyone in the ROF Community enjoys and I hope it gets some use.
  10. Can we give it another try? I changed the settings on the member albums.
  11. What's the exact error message? Check to make sure you're staying logged in to the site. In the upper right hand corner of the site please make sure you're avatar or logged in display name appear. If not you're browser is logging you out due to security settings. Let me know. Erik
  12. All systems back online and working at 100%. Good things, all.
  13. Post Note: Please post all problems in the Bugs section of the forums so I can address them as I get to them. Thank you.
  14. When crap hits the fan around here it normally does so in fine fashion. Because I'm right in the middle of this resolve and the sites are back up barely limping along I'm going to keep this short and to the point. Our servers update software routinely just like your machines do when they grab updates from Microsoft, etc. An update to our port 80 machine (web server) caused a segmentation fault in the software. Fixing it has been an enormous task. Please standby and further downtime or errors may occur while I'm fixing all this. Erik
  15. It was from 2009 and I removed it. Take care.
  16. I don't think it's you ... I think it's a permissions issue. I'll have to dig into this but in the meantime can you create an album as a test and try uploading to it? If the answer is yes then I'll at least have a starting point. Thanks.
  17. As a test can you create a new album and try to upload images there? It may be a permissions issue that I'll have to dig into if you are able to do that. Thank you.
  18. Uploading and downloading from any site especially large files can be difficult. Can you share a ping session and trace route with me? Large files require that your connection to the site be consistently stable. Given that most people's connection to the internet depend on so many variables it's hard to say why, but I'm happy to help where I can. Erik
  19. I don't have a problem seeing your profile either as a guest or logged in. Is this still an issue?
  20. On any image page there is a link located top right called "Share Image". If you click that it will produce a drop down menu with links at the bottom. You can use the direct link by copying it and then selecting the image/photo insert button while posting, that is where you'd put that link from the gallery. Example:
  21. Yeah .... This is a tough one. One of the most expensive things we do around here is physical disk space to house all the content, images, files, backups, etc, etc. That said when the forum was originally set up we put limits on the amount of content users could upload. This was done merely for scaling purposes. Imagine 10,000 users all using 3MB of space and you can see quickly that we'd need to amass machines filled with nothing but physical disk space just to store member content. Now the problem has been outlined let's look at the solutions. 1. Put images in the gallery where there are no restrictions on file space, then link those images into your posts. 2. Remove some of the non-used or older upload content associated with your account by viewing this link. http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments 3. Upgrade your account to a subscription account which will raise the limits on your storage space. 4. As your member status upgrades through the ranks (NEW, VALUED, JUNIOR, etc) so will your storage space. We did take into account that the members who have been here longer and have more posts need more storage space. That's all I have for now. Hopefully one of those will work for you. Thanks. Erik
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..