-
Posts
13,466 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
64
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Store
Everything posted by Flanker562
-
Thanks, I like having a personal skin on some planes that I do like to fly a lot, kinda shows a personal involvement with it I suppose. I was considering a "Line" version for that magical day when the AI actually was useful. I tend to put it off since that day hasn't come yet. I'm working on getting aligned better versus the moving carrier. It's only been a few days but the good thing is that I'm practicing every day or so to keep working on getting a good rhythm down so it looks better for shots.
-
Yeah but I guess I assumed it was just amariani showing off topic.
-
Coming in for a heavy landing. I usually fly around an hour or so to empty the tanks as I have issues with sink rate in this configuration (at least with two tanks onboard). But since I needed a new desktop pic I decided to use this.
-
Uh... think you posted in the wrong topic...
-
anybody near the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Flanker562 replied to ravenclaw_007's topic in General Discussion
Yeah, I don't use nukes so it doesn't bother me that much that it's not around (I think I used one just to claim that I did use one in-game) so there's that. It's only too bad as a lot of weapons need to be updated but so little time. If I had some 3D modeling skills I would at least do some JDAMs and the like. -
anybody near the Hawthorne Ordnance Museum
Flanker562 replied to ravenclaw_007's topic in General Discussion
He already did some nuke bombs already, maybe it's in there already. And no I don't live close to the area, I'm on the east coast. Edit: I don't have any B57s either, so he has to make them (or somebody anyway) -
I forgot to mention that the video has a Block III cockpit. Unfortunately, we don't have Brain32 to show us a real one, so Coupi did the above. There's not going to be not much external difference with Block III since the Navy didn't go with conformal fuel tanks, but I hope to use a slot for an IRST drop tank. It won't be that functional but would function like a drop tank, which it is. I mean I can see about adding an IRST slot but that's in the future when we get to it. Most of the hold up is just Fastcargo is busy like hell so he has little time to work on it, so it'll be two weeks when I will talk about it.
-
No problem!
-
Uploaded a fixed version with the correct drop tank texture, awaiting approval.
-
Here's a sound showoff for the In-cockpit sound I'm introducing for the Super Hornets/Growler. And a fix for the drop tank texture for the VFA-211 Line jet. Apparently I uploaded the wrong and was using the wrong texture on the drop tanks: VFA-211 Line.7z
-
First shot: The SoCal "Mach Loop" mountain that @pappychksix designated and enjoying the challenge of trapping on a moving carrier. It's something I actually look forward to and have yet to land straight in like real Navy pilots, but I'll get there.
-
Yeah that's for your plane, open the RWR.lst in your plane's cockpit or wherever it is and add that line above and you'll see the "10" in the airplane in-game.
-
[F-16A] Getting AIM-7M Sparrows to Not be Displayed as Python 4s?
Flanker562 replied to Arrow's topic in General Discussion
They say F-16.net would be a good resource but you can see there for any more information that you may want to look at for the Falcon. -
Been practicing a moving carrier now, as I was used to the stock carrier not moving once I launched.
-
The _Data.ini has this line: RadarFamilyName=SA-10A So in your RWR file (you should be able to select it with Notepad or something) and you should put this in your RWR.lst file: SA-10A=RWR_SA-10.tga
-
Sorry, go to Objects/Groundobject and add that to the SA-10_RDR vehicle. What you're showing me are the missiles, not the vehicle itself.
-
-
Some more trapping in the Lighting II. I mean it's modeled pretty nice with my tweaks, so it's not that bad, just another USN plane to think of flying more, who knows.
-
Yeah and apparently I misspelled it too. RadarFamilyName=SA-10 Add that line to the [DetectSystem] part of the SA-10s _data.ini, and that should fix it.
-
When I still was young my Dad would take me to Lowry AFB and look at some of the USAF stuff. Never saw any USN stuff of course, other than in pictures, but that looked cool what you did there.
-
It's only too bad we don't have the original 3D model of the cockpit, as this could use some work. Still, not a bad plane to fly. Needs some tweaking and updating but I had an okay time with it. simonmiller416 did a good external skin though.
-
[F-16A] Getting AIM-7M Sparrows to Not be Displayed as Python 4s?
Flanker562 replied to Arrow's topic in General Discussion
I guess so, but isn't the Shafrir an IR missile? Or is it a SARH? Edit: It's an IR missile -
[F-16A] Getting AIM-7M Sparrows to Not be Displayed as Python 4s?
Flanker562 replied to Arrow's topic in General Discussion
I think the L-39 is DDS as well, but it's been a minute since I've flown the plane so I don't know for sure. -
[F-16A] Getting AIM-7M Sparrows to Not be Displayed as Python 4s?
Flanker562 replied to Arrow's topic in General Discussion
More than likely a .tga file rather than DDS, which if I'm not mistaken isn't very common with SF2. I think one plane uses it but most of the files are just .jpg and so on.
