Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

P4 DEVELOPMENT SCREENSHOTS

Classic one Olham....And Hasse Wind as the test pilot just fits perfectly! :good::rofl:

That was a good one Olham. At least there was a good reason for crashing into a tree. I've actually managed it twice with no obscured view!

Anyone can do it without the blanket, Wayfarer - but to hit the tree flying blindfolded, is not so easy surely!

OK for that effort Olham here's some pics of the Phase 4 FE2b - note this is using an older Phase 3 skin - these are however currently being improved for Phase 4 by Sandbagger - so if we can show it wearing some of those soon we will.

post-7478-0-02597800-1314911868.jpg

post-7478-0-52024100-1314911869.jpg

post-7478-0-07445900-1314911871.jpg

post-7478-0-01654700-1314911873.jpg

post-7478-0-50933500-1314911874.jpg

post-7478-0-43799700-1314911897.jpg

Haha, that's great! Though I actually did above joke as an entertaining attempt of defense

of your tactics. I absolutely trust in you devs, that you have your reasons for working so

secretly on what shall become the next generation of the best WW1 flight sim ever.

Damn, it looks so neat - as if you could put your hand on the wing and touch it!

This beautiful model should lure some more people into it's seats.

No idea what you want to improve, but I trust in Sandbagger there.

Edited by Olham

Thanks for the coaxing Olham. Great pics Pol. My faith in OBD is well placed I'm sure. Waiting is not so hard when you know that those responsible are so dedicated, talented and hard working. More pics are welcome anytime and may God speed.

A shout out to everyone on the OBD team. The skinners, historians, modelers, programmers and anyone one else sharing their precious time and talents. You are all the best there is. Thank you!

A shout out to everyone on the OBD team. The skinners, historians, modelers, programmers and anyone one else sharing their precious time and talents. You are all the best there is. Thank you!

Here, here to that! :salute:

Thanks Olham I know what you mean they just seem more real now with all the parts coming together, I'm sure once Sandbagger has applied his skills it will look more real too.

We appreciate the comments guys.

Good work, Olham. It's their duty to be as secretive as they can, and our duty to pry it out of them!

I still say we have the BEST clouds in any sim I have ever tried. Can't compare them to CLOD because I haven't tried it yet and won't be for some time.

CloD clouds come straight from the previous version...

Modded old IL-2 Clouds look way better, IMO...

I agree that OFF skies look gorgeous! :ok:

Well, he did give some more. I knew I was lucky! :grin:

Looks great. The Fee is an enjoyable crate already in P3, and I'm sure things will only get better in P4. :good:

Good work, Olham. It's their duty to be as secretive as they can, and our duty to pry it out of them!

Yeah, I guess that's what they call job sharing? :cool:

:lol:

Thanks for understanding guys but rest assured we are working flat out on this - and no that does not mean lying down!

WM

I am sure you are all working 'flat out' on P4 and the results will be fantastic. But I've got to be honest. For some reason, this has felt like the longest two weeks of my life. I sometimes wonder if it will ever end. :blink:

Nice scoop Olham. You're a natural for reporting in the field.

Hellshade

I am sure you are all working 'flat out' on P4 and the results will be fantastic. But I've got to be honest.

For some reason, this has felt like the longest two weeks of my life. I sometimes wonder if it will ever end.

Sounds to me like flying in late 1918. :grin:

Nice scoop Olham. You're a natural for reporting in the field.

Thank you, Hellshade!

Haha, that's great! Though I actually did above joke as an entertaining attempt of defense

of your tactics. I absolutely trust in you devs, that you have your reasons for working so

secretly on what shall become the next generation of the best WW1 flight sim ever.

Damn, it looks so neat - as if you could put your hand on the wing and touch it!

This beautiful model should lure some more people into it's seats.

No idea what you want to improve, but I trust in Sandbagger there.

The last version of the FE2b was by OVS and has served us all well. We decided to update the FE2b inline with Phase 4 improvements. The enhanced skins will have more wing structural detail as well as detailing such as nacelle stitching/screws/bolts, wing joints, weathering, tyre manufacturer text etc. We hope this will bring the FE2b right up to the standard required for the Phase 4 release. The master texture file is close to completion so Pol may be posting some previews soon.

Thanks for the pics.

They surely look nice.

Keep working OBD, and give us the best WWI immersive combat sim.

Edited by Von Paulus

Thanks guys, scenery really does help the immersion. Nothing out there like Winder's scenery to be honest.

Indeed, the scenery is amazing. I was looking at one of the pics. posted recently that showed a rather large town/small city that receded into the haze, and it suddenly struck me how much work must go into building a city. (even assuming the use of modular parts) I know that as you fly a campaign mission you experience the weather on that certain day in, let us say, 1916, and the trench lines change according to date, but what about towns and cities? Do the Devs work from historical maps of the era?

FE2b few more details added and wearing the great new texture/skin by Sandbagger

post-7478-0-29639100-1315270210.jpg

post-7478-0-73498400-1315283236.jpg

Wow. Very nicely done Sandbagger. That skin is really just amazing. And against that incredible scenery...just fabulous.

Hellshade

Couple more great close ups Sandbagger snapped (note model was slightly updated since, and terrain is not P4 so has been smoked ;) )

post-7478-0-23319600-1315283370.jpg

post-7478-0-47356900-1315283405.jpg

post-7478-0-50360000-1315283406.jpg

post-7478-0-49401800-1315283579.jpg

Wow!.... OBD are so good at taking an aeroplane I don't particularly like the look of...and making it into an aeroplane I can't wait to sit in and have a go with! :drinks:

• Like 1

Wow!

..... and can you imagine actually standing up to fire that rear facing machine gun? I mean really doing it, in the air with the wind and aircraft swinging about. I'm getting vertigo just thinking about it.