I really really like this series of aircraft. The more I read about it the more I like it. Igot me a book about it from the USAF Museum. It was a damn good fighter and it made a good accounting for itself in the Vietnam War. I think I am going to paint a few units up. Anyone else like it besides me?

Not just the D model.....

The F-100 was the first Thunderbird I ever saw. (Which dates me.....)

I also had a plastic F-100 toy when I was young that I played with constantly. Wish I still had it.......

I liked the F-100 since I read "Rolling Thunder". It was always my favorite plane on SF because of the four guns.

is there an F-100F twin-seater out there?

is there an F-100F twin-seater out there?

YAP has one and I can not recommend it enough. They have 2 versions the -15 and -20. Its worth the small price to get it.

In 1973-74 I was in my last year of high school, with several friends at the Connecticut ANG (with Huns at the time). I used to hang around the base every weekend, knew some of the maintenance guys, got to sit in the airplanes and took tons of photos. Sat with the mobile unit, watched the last chance checks. Lots of great memories. (Boy have things changed since those days).

I was hanging around the life support shop one Saturday when a civilian, who had done some favor for the group C.O. I think, was given a back seat ride in an F model. I was there when they suited him up, and was there an hour later when they got back from the flight. Never will forget the smiles and look of absolute joy on his face from the experience. They did a loop with a 4-G pull-out they said.

Never did join the Guard, but still miss the sound of those afterburning J57s from those days. The Hun will remain one of my all time favorites.

Mike Druzolowski

How does YAP work? I looked at it but do you have to buy the initial target list, then buy missions latter? and where are the planes? do the ground objects get added to your folder and then you can use them in other missions or YAP-only?

How does YAP work? I looked at it but do you have to buy the initial target list, then buy missions latter? and where are the planes? do the ground objects get added to your folder and then you can use them in other missions or YAP-only?

> I looked at it but do you have to buy the initial target list, then buy missions latter?

Yes. I think that some ground objects are included in the mission sets.

> and where are the planes?

Included in the mission sets, so you have to buy the ones with the planes you want.

> do the ground objects get added to your folder and then you can use them in other missions or YAP-only?

You can use them in other missions. However YAP uses get-arounds like invisible targets to do its own missions and these can end up in a random mission, so it's a bit hit and miss. Just make sure not to take any screenshots :biggrin:

Love the Hun too!!

Edited by crl848

ah, thanks...so how do you know which missions have the planes that you want?

ah, thanks...so how do you know which missions have the planes that you want?

Just check their website and you will see the planes in their previews.

USAFMTL,I'd love to see some more huns.I saw an airshow years ago(1970's) and the CT ANG F-100s went over head.It was the loadest thing I had ever herd up until that time.I was about 7-8 at the time and I thought they were the coolest thing in the world.I got to see one up close for the first time last year at the New England Air Museum and I felt like a kid again.everyone was huddled around the F-14 and there I was just staring at the F-100 like some crazed stalker.

F-100-2.jpg

F-100-1.jpg

Well I just got done doing unit for entire 8th TFW and the 27th TFW. Nothing big, just used Sundowner high res skins and added the unit marking. Lining up the markings on the was a bitch...So its 7 sep skins total. I will upload them later today. I am going to use them for a small campaign I am making using the Madascasgar terrain. It will be F-100's vs Mig-19's.

Well I just got done doing unit for entire 8th TFW and the 27th TFW. Nothing big, just used Sundowner high res skins and added the unit marking. Lining up the markings on the was a bitch...So its 7 sep skins total. I will upload them later today. I am going to use them for a small campaign I am making using the Madascasgar terrain. It will be F-100's vs Mig-19's.

sounds very cool.I'll be looking forward to it.

I like them too, a real workhorse. Royal Danish Air Force used them to 1980 or 82 only to be replaced by F-16. I can still remember both the F-100's and F-104's roaring over my childhood home in very low altitude. :clapping::good: Hopefully I will never forget the sight and sweet noise.

To bad the F-100A and F-100C isnt availble, I know there is an A in the game, but its actually an D model.

But one thing is certain a F-100 without droptanks is only a F-99½ IMO and they have to be natural metal to be really nice.

I really really like this series of aircraft. The more I read about it the more I like it. Igot me a book about it from the USAF Museum. It was a damn good fighter and it made a good accounting for itself in the Vietnam War. I think I am going to paint a few units up. Anyone else like it besides me?

For many of the same reasons I like the Thud, I really like the Hun. Besides it's performance and history, it just plain looks cool. There were some really ugly looking birds produced back then, but the F-100 just has a great, simple, powerful look to it.

I would say that goes for the entire century series

I know there is an A in the game, but its actually an D model.

The ROCAF received A model's that were brought up to D standards, ie D tail, engines. MJ and I made mod of the D, to A standards, that was brought to D specs. We removed the refuel probe and did other ini tweaks. So its an A model.

I would give an R&R in Bangkok for the smell of a C model.

You know at first glance I thought the F-100 was ugly. After one campaign in WOE that all changed. In my un patched default WOE install it has the most flight time.

Remember the F 100C's of 32 TFS Soesterberg/ Camp New Amsterdam , the Skyblazers Demo Team and low and very fast passes in full AB at airshows, all back in the 50's...... Had a few models of it.

Later on every now and then an appearance of a RDAF example at airshows in the 60's, all fond memories of a Cold War childhood that somehow felt safe and secure.

Great and impressive plane

Aju,

Derk :smile:

I cannot recommend YAP enough. Real missions from real pilots who flew them and they all make the hair on my neck stand up. Small price to pay for some priceless aircraft. Setup is a piece of cake and is well documented. The YAP staff, small, but vigorous, is always ready to help out. I have loved taking the Thud on some real live missions and the Misty FAC Hun up north. I don't believe that any of those guys have anything less that a set of bell clappers swinging. Cannot endorse the product enough. A really fun expansion of WoV.

If you remember, the Hun had a hard-lighting afterburner and really sounded like an explosion when it was engaged (F-102 and F-8 as well). Be nice to model that, because speed, thunder, and whiplash is what we're talking about here, right?

We removed the refuel probe and did other ini tweaks.

How did you manage to remove the refuelling probe? I thought it was built into the 3d model?

How did you manage to remove the refuelling probe? I thought it was built into the 3d model?

Ini edits and a little hacking.

Ini edits and a little hacking.

But I am not done yet, I want to high res the skins for the ROCAF.

Never heard of the F-100 till I bought strike fighters - like a lot of the early jets I guess - but it does look good and takes a while to get used to flying in these sims - especially when you have just been used to modern jets!

I think the Thirdwire F-100D model looks great which is a bonus - and the missions in YAP for the F-100F are just amazing - challenging and scary!!