Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

This confuses me, aren't all games available to download on th third wire website? presumably WOI wil;l be availlabe there too on it's release

yes they are, but when i bought WOE TW hat no Store... ;)

Here is a MiG-21bis Fishbed-L with stock textures:

mig21bisrz6.th.jpg

Outstanding !!!

Finaly - WOI is here :yes:

Amazing !!!

BTW Streakeagle - this BiS looks like it uses MiG-21MF.lod or you uploaded wrong pic? (if so in next patch then?)I don't wanna to sound negative or something - on contrary - just - modder's sharp eye and "MiG expert" person :smile:

Anyway - amazing work TK and Team, thank you for this game

Edited by starfighter2

Outstanding !!!

Finaly - WOI is here :yes:

Amazing !!!

BTW Streakeagle - this BiS looks like it uses MiG-21MF.lod or you uploaded wrong pic? (if so in next patch then?)I don't wanna to sound negative or something - on contrary - just - modder's sharp eye and "MiG expert" person :smile:

Anyway - amazing work TK and Team, thank you for this game

Your eye doesn't lie... this is a screenshot from the final release version and that is what you will see when you see a bis.

But the texture is nice compared to original SFP1 MiG textures.

any hint on the multi player?

I have been unable to get online with any other beta testers, but having created hosts and done solo testing, I see no changes in multiplayer gameplay.

However, the "Updating Network List" process is remarkably faster than previous releases.

I don't know if the speed is intentional due to a code change or accidental due to being broken.

When I get a chance, I will try multiplayer on LAN, but last night when the gold release came out, I didn't have a 2nd PC available.

streakeagle::

Does this statement -- especially the low level radar performance -- apply to Player plane only, or to both Player and AI aircraft?

I'm thinking that AI aircraft sharing low level radar restrictions might allow the Player to use new tactics.

While I can't say for certain, it is my impressions from beta testing that the changes to radar ecm/eccm are universally applied to AI and player.

I can say for sure, AI flys low and behind hills while approaching targets and MiG-21s do maneuver to break F-15 locks.

It is hard (almost impossible) to get a Sparrow kill against a target that is aware of your presence and able to counter your shot.

The best way to get a Sparrow kill is to get in relatively close while the target is head on or tail on so that the time of flight is too short for the MiG to turn his beam to you.

Does this mean that, at last, we'll get a decent AI?

Edited by Emp_Palpatine

:clapping: This is gonna be great; love the ground targets! :good:

From what SE is saying looks like we will. Is squad mates AI any better?

Does WOI have a similar graphic engine as all the other ThirdWire sims? Would the add-on aircraft/terrain/ weapons/effects created for WOE/WOV/SFP1 work in WOI?

Edited by Tomcat_ace

about compatibilite between WOI and Other game in Patch (083006) :

- Plane (yes.. if the FM is good enough ... the new shadow render could be add (no more .shd file to do)

- terrain look work.. .ini must be updated to have planes on the ground.

- Weapons ... not yet, as FE2 it use a new Weaponeditor... we must wait .. and update the WP.. i think old bunyard WP must be rebuild from zero.

- ground objets... must work... not tested yet.

good update.

Not really important but before anyone else asks - can you turn the engine off :biggrin:

Wonder if TK will still be supporting the original Strike Fighters with the next service packs.

No, the fact that the engine is always on is part of the Strike Fighters mythos now. It would not be the same game if it was changed. ;)

In the past TK has always patched the other sims up to the latest standard. I don't see why that would not hold true here. :clapping:

Depends on what your expectations are. Alll I can tell you is that the AI is better than before.

Does WOI have a similar graphic engine as all the other ThirdWire sims? Would the add-on aircraft/terrain/ weapons/effects created for WOE/WOV/SFP1 work in WOI?

The engine is the same, but enhanced. Most mods will work, some will have to be updated (especially weapons).

No, the fact that the engine is always on is part of the Strike Fighters mythos now. It will never be changed.

In the past TK has always patched the other sims up to the latest standard. I don't see why that would not hold true here. :clapping:

That means no general "eye-candy" right ?!? :blink:

No ejection and canopy animations, engine shutdows and supersonic boom effects ?!

Jeezzz...now im really sad. :sorry:

Will still buy it thought. :cool:

No ejection and canopy animations, engine shutdows and supersonic boom effects ?!

Wow, there really is no pleasing some people :blink:

These Games don't break the bank, Hell I'd buy 2 copies and give someone else the other just so someone won't miss out.

Canopy animation should be possible using the animation keys. Notice in the screenshots that the parked aircraft have their canopies open.

after seeing these improvements, specifically parked aircraft like in First Eagles - I have a question - Is this game based on the FE engine or the WoE etc engine? Will there be a patch to bring the other games up to this standard, or will it be a FE based game engine?

after seeing these improvements, specifically parked aircraft like in First Eagles - I have a question - Is this game based on the FE engine or the WoE etc engine? Will there be a patch to bring the other games up to this standard, or will it be a FE based game engine?

This is a tough question to answer, because no one but TK knows exactly how the various games' code is realted. I would say that FE and WOI are both branches from the WOE code, but I do not think that WOI is based on FE--I think it is a development of WOE with some FE features added.

Depends on what your expectations are. Alll I can tell you is that the AI is better than before.

My expectations are: no more sitting ducks bombers formations, decent wingmen who follow orders and are smart enough to engage ground targets... Hope it will be in!

How much more resource intensive is this going to be? I will still get it but I am a LONG, LONG way from updating my 2.6 Ghz - 2Gb RAM - Gforce 6800GT 256M system.

I assume we will have the usual controls for graphics quality, etc.

Does look very nice, though....

Expect FE with a slight reduction in speed I'd think.

The question I've not seen asked: will integration with WOE/WOV require manual work? Or put another way, will there not be an option to merge them into WOI on install?

How much more resource intensive is this going to be? I will still get it but I am a LONG, LONG way from updating my 2.6 Ghz - 2Gb RAM - Gforce 6800GT 256M system.

I assume we will have the usual controls for graphics quality, etc.

Does look very nice, though....

If you max out the graphics options, there is a noticeable impact on performance compared to the older games.

Expect FE with a slight reduction in speed I'd think.

The question I've not seen asked: will integration with WOE/WOV require manual work? Or put another way, will there not be an option to merge them into WOI on install?

I don't think there is an auto-merge option with this one. Manual merge should still be possible.