Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

I've just seen it is a 246mb download, so not too bad.

I think OTC and NATO Fighters were about that size :dntknw:

Bloody hell! I thought it was still weeks/months away!!

I might need to tweak my PC a bit to really enjoy it though.

I don't have enough money :blush: Ah well I want to know what the pros and cons are first.

I don't have enough money :blush: Ah well I want to know what the pros and cons are first.

Totally with you on that one... I'm gonna hold out and see how things go for a while.

Good news so far:

I've tested a few freeware aircraft...no strangeness so far:

gallery_12105_43_689149.jpg

gallery_12105_43_51724.jpg

Will test other stuff later...was hard to fight with 3 month old asleep on my shoulder...

Definitely a performance hit though close to airfields...shadows and parked aircraft I'd imagine...

FastCargo

PS Hey, wait! Clouds on the horizon? Is that new for a stock install...been so long since I had a stock install I don't remember...

Hmmm... WOI is out. That means that new weapon editor and a possible patch for FE:EP are getting closer. :yes: Hope, TK will fix damage.

Definitely a performance hit though close to airfields...shadows and parked aircraft I'd imagine...

FastCargo

PS Hey, wait! Clouds on the horizon? Is that new for a stock install...been so long since I had a stock install I don't remember...

the hit on the fps, comes from shadows more than the parked aircrafts themselves. i fly with the shadows disabled because of my rig (p4 3.4ghz, 1gig ram and a x1950xt) and it runs fairly well over populated airfileds.

but i wish to get a core 2 duo and a 8800gt :wink:

just did my part to fill TK's pockets and downloaded my file. Guess I'll be "off the net" for a little while......

:biggrin:

I've done my part to fill TK's pockets and downloaded my file. Guess I'll be "off the net" for a little while.....

:biggrin:

And SFP1/WOV and WOE!

TK is always good with nice surprises

Wings Over Israel is available at Third wire site!!!!!!!!!!!!

:good::biggrin: :yes:

Go Get it!

This is unacceptable from TK! He released WOI when I'm dead broke and can't afford it. It looks even better than expected and I have to wait :no2:

Anyone on the F-22 team test if thrust vectored pitch control works properly now? It looks like so many little nuances have been corrected.

And SFP1/WOV and WOE!

TK is always good with nice surprises

Those have been availible for a long time.

Those have been availible for a long time.

I meant patches Re: GR.Viper

Wow, can't wait. I'm going to have to until at least May, though. My computer that could decently run this sort of stuff died last summer. My wife's laptop will sorta run the older games, but I am hoping the stars will align in May.

All that to say:

Please keep the after action reports, screen shots, observations, and other comments of note coming so the rest of us can drool in the mean time!

Enjoy your flying! :good:

Just DL'd it...time to test her out!

WAHOOOO!!!! IT"S HERE! IT"S HERE!!

I think I'm gonna nix SFP1 and replace it with WOI, 'cause this HD ain't big enough for the two of them...

Oh well. It'll be worth it!

I REALLY hope my comp can run this, even if I have to bump resolution down to 800 by 600 and put everything on "low". Maybe i'll try to find a 20MB external drive. Or for that matter, a new computer.

Hallo pilots :biggrin:

WOI on screenshots looks great :good: Thanx to TK an everybody who works on this project. I can not buy game now... I need four mounths to finish my school :haha:

So, is here anybody who can post new arab planes screenshots, please? Especially Mig-23BN and Su-7BMK, if it is possible of course.

Thanx

can't wait to get my hands on this, but I'm dead broke (had to buy a new chain and sproket for my dirtbike). Anybody know if this is gonna come out on a disk for those of us with "high speed light" (DSL) internet and no credit card?

Well, thus far I've flown two missions, one with the stock F-16, the next with my beloved F-14A. Gotta say I love some of the new effects and features.

img00001.jpg

Only one problem I noticed with the Tomcat's pit: missing instruments, namely the G meter, clock, some engine dials and yaw-rate thingy that I don't know the name of...none of which I actually ever look at in combat.

img00002.jpg

I'll have to figure that one out, but otherwise everything's running smooth...now, back to flying!

Edited by Caesar

hey..... :blink:

will you ba able to start campaign missions from tarmacs or revetments? :dntknw:

I gotta say the fact that TK modeled in the limitations of doppler radar astounds me. I was flying a four-ship against six or eight (I don't remember) MiG-17's. They beamed my AWG-9 on more than one occasion, making my sparrows go stupid on more than one occasion. That got frustrating, but added another hint of realism and another challange and I really enjoy it. Aside from some new radio comms I noticed, I'm really looking forward to further flights to see what else is in store for us with this latest addition to the TW series.

:victory: