Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

Can anybody of you nice guys that have downloaded WOI tell me if it installs itself while downloading, or if it comes as one installable file (like a patch). I prefered purchasing a Box with CD/dvd with it and some instructions but I'm not expecting to get it real soon

Thanks in advance

It is an exe you install yourself. I am doubting TK is going to make a boxed copy.

I am doubting TK is going to make a boxed copy.

I'd be inclined to agree with ya...as broadband becomes more and more prevelant, there's no reason to. Not like CDs aren't a dime a dozen...make multiple backups if you're paranoid about losing it.

And for him...it's great. All the money (except for minor hosting fees and Paypal account), goes to his company.

FastCargo

The hosting fees for something like his store might not be minor. ;)

Just bought it online from TW.

Tried it out and it looks and feels great.

It's the best title in the TW series so far.

The NETZ feels great and looks great also.

Good work TW.

Is it so different?! and what about those new avionics?! Should i buy it?!

No, definately not. :haha:

Dave, the .ini files are the xxx_airfield.ini from the terrain's .cat file. You can probably pull the ones out of WOI's, and drop them into your Germany terrain.

When running a campaign, it's suppose to only use aircraft out that are stationed at the base.

i try and got them on woe airfield, but i did it in a stupid maneer :blush:

parking1.jpg

parking.jpg

in fact i just copy theses lines

ParkingChance=60

ParkingMaxSpan=18.0

Parking[01].Heading=180

Parking[01].Offset=333,-122

Parking[02].Heading=180

Parking[02].Offset=375,-122

Parking[03].Heading=180

Parking[03].Offset=396,-122

Parking[04].Heading=180

Parking[04].Offset=459,-122

Parking[05].Heading=0

Parking[05].Offset=354,-173

Parking[06].Heading=0

Parking[06].Offset=375,-173

Parking[07].Heading=0

Parking[07].Offset=417,-173

Parking[08].Heading=0

Parking[08].Offset=480,-173

Parking[09].Heading=180

Parking[09].Offset=375,-197

Parking[10].Heading=180

Parking[10].Offset=396,-197

Parking[11].Heading=180

Parking[11].Offset=417,-197

Parking[12].Heading=180

Parking[12].Offset=480,-197

Parking[13].Heading=0

Parking[13].Offset=333,-248

Parking[14].Heading=0

Parking[14].Offset=354,-248

Parking[15].Heading=0

Parking[15].Offset=417,-248

Parking[16].Heading=0

Parking[16].Offset=459,-248

Parking[17].Heading=180

Parking[17].Offset=333,-272

Parking[18].Heading=180

Parking[18].Offset=375,-272

Parking[19].Heading=180

Parking[19].Offset=438,-272

Parking[20].Heading=180

Parking[20].Offset=480,-272

LargeParkingChance=15

LargeParkingMaxSpan=48.0

LargeParking[01].Heading=217

LargeParking[01].Offset=353,368

LargeParking[02].Heading=217

LargeParking[02].Offset=395,337

LargeParking[03].Heading=217

LargeParking[03].Offset=436,305

LargeParking[04].Heading=270

LargeParking[04].Offset=530,277

LargeParking[05].Heading=270

LargeParking[05].Offset=530,225

LargeParking[06].Heading=270

LargeParking[06].Offset=530,173

LargeParking[07].Heading=0

LargeParking[07].Offset=436,25

LargeParking[08].Heading=0

LargeParking[08].Offset=384,25

LargeParking[09].Heading=0

LargeParking[09].Offset=332,25

LargeParking[10].Heading=180

LargeParking[10].Offset=436,125

LargeParking[11].Heading=180

LargeParking[11].Offset=384,125

LargeParking[12].Heading=180

LargeParking[12].Offset=332,125

LargeParking[13].Heading=0

LargeParking[13].Offset=436,175

LargeParking[14].Heading=0

LargeParking[14].Offset=384,175

LargeParking[15].Heading=0

LargeParking[15].Offset=332,175

from the DESERT_AIRFIELD1.ini in each GERMAN_AIRBASE.ini, so guess it just need some adjustements to get things right :blush:

Now that we finally have a proper F-16 and F-22 perhaps that Strike Commander mod idea is workable.

The hosting fees for something like his store might not be minor. ;)

Well, I don't know, I have a store and the fees were pretty cheap. Maybe bandwidth based?

FastCargo

Now that we finally have a proper F-16 and F-22 perhaps that Strike Commander mod idea is workable.

Heck ya! You already have the paint scheme! :)

FastCargo

Well, I don't know, I have a store and the fees were pretty cheap. Maybe bandwidth based?

FastCargo

Could be, I was jsut speculating. Don't know for sure. :dntknw:

Now that we finally have a proper F-16......

We have had those for along time..... :ok:

Yeah well, now we have avionics to go with it as well as the new awesome autoshadowing.

Yeah well, now we have avionics to go with it as well as the new awesome autoshadowing.

I did find a problem with that. Some 3rd party aircraft don't have shadows at all. So all you see is underwing stores and the pilots shadows. Not sure why. I ended up turning my shadows off for FPS sake anyway.,

Purchased downloaded and enjoying and with the current dollar exchange rate exceptionally cheap in the UK. Only one comment is it possible to change the intro music as that is going to continue to drive me crazy?

lazboy

Edited by lazboy

I did find a problem with that. Some 3rd party aircraft don't have shadows at all. So all you see is underwing stores and the pilots shadows. Not sure why. I ended up turning my shadows off for FPS sake anyway.,

It may have something to do with the old shadow being enabled in the INI. Try removing the line with the .shd file.

It may have something to do with the old shadow being enabled in the INI. Try removing the line with the .shd file.

Ah good idea, I will try that tonight when I get off duty.

Purchased downloaded and enjoying and with the current dollar exchange rate exceptionally cheap in the UK. Only one comment is it possible to change the intro music as that is going to continue to drive me crazy?

lazboy

See my post at Combatace.com

Mindbender

Well I am glad I bought WOI, it looks great and runs not too shoody on my pc. Don't know if thats a full scale map but there seems to be plenty of room for carrier ops!

Not a moan but I couldn't lock a Maverick onto those parked planes maybe they are still seen as an aircraft not a ground object, now wheres those cluster bombs! :biggrin:

Not a moan but I couldn't lock a Maverick onto those parked planes maybe they are still seen as an aircraft not a ground object, now wheres those cluster bombs! :biggrin:

You are correct they are still seen as aircraft targets. But cluster bombs work so well. :biggrin:

lazboy

This might interest you.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=1730

I'm in the middle of downloading WOI as I type but this should be compatible. I'll be checking soon enough!

Strike Fighters Israel Music Pack Readme

This music pack is intended, as the name suggests, for an Israel or Mid East installation. I hope this pack provides appropriate menu music for your enhanced enjoyment of this great game.

Installation:

If you want to keep the original music you need to backup the following files from your Strike Fighters/Menu folder:

MainScreen.wav

SingleMissionScreen.wav

HangarRadio1.wav

DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilled.wav

OptionsScreen.wav

All you need to do then is to extract the files in this pack to the Menu folder, load up the game and enjoy the music.

Track Listing:

MainScreen.wav - 'The Road to Jerusalem' from 'Cast A Giant Shadow'

SingleMissionScreen.wav - 'Israeli Air Force 50th Anniversary Theme'

HangarRadio1.wav- 'The Raid' from 'Raid On Entebbe'

DebriefSuccess.wav - 'Yerushalayim Shel Zahav - Jerusalem of Gold' by Naomi Shemer. This version is from 'Schindler's List' and performed by The Ramat Gan Chamber Choir, Tel Aviv, Israel

DebriefFail.wav - 'Im In Alu - If The Doors Are Locked' by Ofra Haza

DebriefKilled.wav - 'Chom Yuli-Ogust - July August Heat' by Shlomo Artzi

OptionsScreen.wav - 'Janes IAF Theme'

I've included a document with translations of the songs in the debrief screens, as well as some biographical details of the artists/composers which can serve as a starting point if you want to get into this in more detail.

As a resource for the campaign gurus I've also included .wavs of the national anthems for Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon. Maybe someone can use these and release some Arab/Israeli campaigns?

Finally, I've included two bonus tracks that you can rename to use as music for any of the screens:

1) Shir Hapalmach is an instrumental of the song of the Palmach - the forerunner of the IDF

2) Another version of 'Yerushalayim Shel Zahav - Jerusalem of Gold,' performed this time by the Dor L?Dor Singers and it is probably a bit closer to Naomi Shemer's vision of how the song should be performed.

All of the above music tracks are free downloads from various record company websites in various formats and have been converted to the correct format for use in game by me.

There are therefore no file sharing issues in respect of this music pack.

Enjoy.

Allen

Nope, I'm getting this problem and the aircraft has no .shd file or an ini entry for one.

Actually, what works is just get rid of the actual .shd file reference line. The [shadow] entry itself still has to be in there. These 2 lines:

ShadowLOD=

ShadowType=

Comment them out and you're good to go. Your entry should look like this:

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

//ShadowLOD=

//ShadowType=

ShadowCastDist=10000

MaxVisibleDistance=800

FastCargo

Got my copy today! I am waiting on the download now. So, I am hoping there is good compatibility with the sim? I see I am now going to need to "re-button" map my joystick! How is it as far as realism, still in the lite category, or have we got a viable flightsim now? What would be nice is to see a global terrain, that would so blow my skirt up!

Good hunting those towlies!

Just checked the GUNDATA.DAT & INI files - they're the same format as for WoE so we can re-use them.

That makes transporting the AAA over a bit easier.

Just copied the 37mmM38 into WoI and got a lot more flak over the target :yes: