Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Israel [Official Thread]

So... after reading all the latest posts... I understand that AI got really angry and after bashing on the head in First Eagles now knows how to use guns, right? Never played any of the Wings over "insert name" but might give this one a try then... :blink:

Performance note...for nVidia users.

I played with some different profile settings tonight, and found one that stood out as an easy performance tweak. If you happen to have "Multithreaded Optimization" set to ON by default, or turned ON in a custom WOI profile, you will probably see a nice FPS improvement if you set it to AUTO. This goes for the other games in the series as well, since none of them are multithreaded anyway.

whee is that option?, i couldn't find it in ntune... edit nvrmind, found it, it was already set to auto.. dunno why My nVidia Drivers keep setting to Multiple display optimization when i dont run Multi Displays...

Edited by Digital-Overload

All this is fine but....

WHAT??? no 'Hava Nageela' ??!!!

LOL. :biggrin:

Actually I thought it was a bit cheesy at the time, but I may re-do the pack now WOI is here and include Hava Nagila, maybe even include Lauren Rose's new version too...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wgdHjWPuCrI

Ah sorry, yeah, it is Threaded Optimization not Multithreaded Optimization.

Wrench it is in the nVidia control panel under 3D Settings / Manage 3D Settings.

Would be nice if we could get a new voice pack.

Would be nice if we could get a new voice pack.

Maybe the Israeli pilots and controllers are talking redneck to confuse the enemy?

No, it's just the Americans that came over to help out are all in the ATC seats. :wink:

I only got a few minutes in last night (plenty more coming tonight) but I like what I'm seeing here. Of course it's easy to say "this is what SFP1 should've been", but the fact is that other than the general structure the game is very much changed from what we had back in '02.

Ok guys, I read about the fixes to get this up and running on vistas but I have got to wonder

why this game is not set up for vistas and directx10 since it's debut is over a year after vistas

became the new standard os?

Most avid gamers who are building new systems are going vistas, and running 8800gt or gtx in SLI

I just built one on vistas 64 with 8 gigs of ram ( I also run an audio /video studio with this computer) so I was pretty disapointed that vistas was not supported on this brand new game.

Oh well, I will get over it and I will make the nessecary adjustments; I will probably download it this weekend. Just curious... has anyone tried WOI in SLI yet?

Perhaps this was an early release and a directx 10/vistas version will be available down the road.

Perhaps this was an early release and a directx 10/vistas version will be available down the road.

TK has already said that he intends to release Vista versions of his games in the near future.

I can't get gun kills easily any more on hard AI! They seem to slither around when I line then up...like they are using their rudders for slipping and skidding just out of the line of fire!

new weaponeditor to be available today, look out for it on TW website and here at CA!

:ninja:

just ordered it - but I'm at WORK! (I'm feeling sick - cough cough... I should go home...)

Definately, you don't want anyone else to get sick because of you. :good:

Performance note...for nVidia users.

I played with some different profile settings tonight, and found one that stood out as an easy performance tweak. If you happen to have "Threaded Optimization" set to ON by default, or turned ON in a custom WOI profile, you will probably see a nice FPS improvement if you set it to AUTO. This goes for the other games in the series as well, since none of them are multithreaded anyway.

THANKS!!!!

just ordered it - but I'm at WORK! (I'm feeling sick - cough cough... I should go home...)

I think you got a fever too. I think you need to go home before you get anyone sick. :biggrin:

LOL. :biggrin:

Actually I thought it was a bit cheesy at the time, but I may re-do the pack now WOI is here and include Hava Nagila, maybe even include Lauren Rose's new version too...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wgdHjWPuCrI

Yeah...Sure... I think either Harry Belafonte's or Andre Rieu's versions of Hava Nageela are also quite suitable...

Hey.. & thanks for considering it...

Cheers!

Edited by Tomcat_ace

but I may re-do the pack now WOI is here and include Hava Nagila

HAVA NAGILA????????!!!!!!! :blink:

You've got to be kidding.

We in Israel don't even remember how this song is going. :rofl:

Ain't you got something a little more updated? :wink:

Naaa, you do what you feel like . I'm only joking. :biggrin:

Maybe the Dredel song?

TK, TK, TK

Your sims are all I play

TK, TK, TK

I fly them every day!

Guess WHAT? I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more WOI!!

Maybe the Dredel song?

TK, TK, TK

Your sims are all I play

TK, TK, TK

I fly them every day!

It would be funny except its true. :dntknw:

new weaponeditor to be available today, look out for it on TW website and here at CA!

:ninja:

Oh yea!!!! Hopefully we won't have to rebuild ALL the weapons...

FastCargo

Oh yea!!!! Hopefully we won't have to rebuild ALL the weapons...

FastCargo

No kidding!!! I've got too many installs, with too many 'nationalized' weapons to keep track off!!!

Maybe I'll have to learn that merge function.....

I'tll be nice to be able to add by War of Independece birds, and their required weapons (S-199, Mustang, Spits for both sides...) plus the "What If" IDF birds... :rofl:

This also may point to the immenent (sp?) arrival of the patchs for the others in the series as well..

Wrench

kevin stein