A few weeks ago I showed in the general discussion board my Harrier II, so I guess it's time for a little update on the project.

The external model is 95% complete, I will probably add a few details and change some others, but most of it it's done. I finished UVmapping and started laying down the base skin.

The FM is in progress, it probably needs some more tweaking but right now I'm quite satisfied with it.

My major concern now is the cockpit, I haven't found any good reference material (except for a few grainy pics) and if I won't find anything better I will revert to my original idea and ask permission to the f-18's team to use their pit.

post-15328-1205485942_thumb.jpgpost-15328-1205486030_thumb.jpgpost-15328-1205485839_thumb.jpgpost-15328-1205486081_thumb.jpg

Let me check with my teammates the Mirage Factory and get back to you ASAP. I am sure they wont mind.

Let me check with my teammates the Mirage Factory and get back to you ASAP. I am sure they wont mind.

you can use it.

:yes:

A few weeks ago I showed in the general discussion board my Harrier II, so I guess it's time for a little update on the project.

The external model is 95% complete, I will probably add a few details and change some others, but most of it it's done. I finished UVmapping and started laying down the base skin.

The FM is in progress, it probably needs some more tweaking but right now I'm quite satisfied with it.

My major concern now is the cockpit, I haven't found any good reference material (except for a few grainy pics) and if I won't find anything better I will revert to my original idea and ask permission to the f-18's team to use their pit.

Really nice work. Look forward to the release.

GOGOGO!!!

Waiting for 1° Grupaer to spread their wings! XD

Wonderful work, Bobrock!

Keep it up!

EVVAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You going to offer PSD templates for this?

Really excellent work! We need this kind of quality.

Excellent! Looks real good :good:

Really nice work. Look forward to the release.

I Second That.... :yes:

I third that! I love the Harrier GR.1 but the AV-8B is my favourite Harrier varient.

BEAUTIFUL!

We've needed a big-wing Harrier for a long while - thanks for putting in all the effort on this!

SB

Edited by sugarblues

Thank you guys for your words, it's a long and hard work and seeing it's appreciated really helps :smile:

@bpao: thanks for your permission :good:

@ EricJ: I will release the plane with at least 2 skin sets (most probably 3) and at the same time I will release the templates.

GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB GO BOB

Rumors are that this summer one of my collegues at work is an ex AB-8B+ pilot from the Italian Navy: he doesn't know yet but he has already volunterred for informations and flight tests

Edited by Canadair

i'm ready to fly........................

i'll download it the same day you release it.

poi con la garibaldi ci sfiziamo!

@bpao: thanks for your permission :good:

@ EricJ: I will release the plane with at least 2 skin sets (most probably 3) and at the same time I will release the templates.

:good: Nice!

Droolicious! Now I'll be able to be "Ahneld Governator" - "You're fired!!" :biggrin:

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Very nice work!

Just keeps getting better and better...

Time to update the thread. I finished laying down rivets and panel lines and the skin template is taking shape

gallery_15328_141_25713.jpg

gallery_15328_141_42237.jpg

gallery_15328_141_13538.jpg

I also took a final decision on the cockpit, I'm still missing some info but all the main gauges will be in place. I'm slowly learning the complex art of cockpit modelling and this is one of the first in game shots of the wip.

gallery_15328_141_50838.jpg