Gunrunner

Your first combat flight sim...

well my first was Fighter Bomber (from Activision) for my Amiga.

If I remember it right, it must have been in 1990...

Combat Flight Simulator 1, with infinite ammo :smile::wheelchair:

Top Gun on nintendo if nyone recalls from the late 80's I guess

Any of you guys remember (War Birds III) was a fantastic WWII flight sim with tons of different flyable aircraft as well as driveable ground vehicles.

German, Japanese, American, British and Italian fighters with German and American ground vehicles. Was tons of fun to fly

I sure remember Warbirds. I flew WBIII for a bit, I even used to play WB2 before that.

IL2 1946

Very first was some Battle of Britain game in 2000

But that sucked...

IL2 is awesome

Mine was F-19 the C64 and then it was Microswipe Flight Simulator version 1 where you could fly a Sopwith Camel and have a blast in WW1 and then it was onto F-18 on the Amiga a few years later....

Edited by PACMAN

IL2 1946

Very first was some Battle of Britain game in 2000

But that sucked...

IL2 is awesome

Battle of Britain? I know the LucasFilm Games one... (Their finest Hour)

That was great - but I'm not sure wich one was my first combat sim - F-15II or TfH-BoB :blink:

Battle of Britain? I know the LucasFilm Games one... (Their finest Hour)

That was great - but I'm not sure wich one was my first combat sim - F-15II or TfH-BoB :blink:

"Their Finest Hour" and the sequel "Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe" are gems.

Very good campaign model as well if you ask me.

My very first... I think that was F15 strike eagle for the ZX Spectrum. Not exactly very advanced, it was far from capable of any 3D rendering and everything was represented by 2D sprites. Even the runway. I remember it being quite difficult to land. The first one I got serious with was F19 Stealth Fighter for the Atari ST. I also remember playing Fighter Bomber a bunch.

i cant rembmer if it was the Aces over Europe/Pacific series, or Strike Commander. either way, im pissed that i got the Aces games to work on win xp but not strike commander. i loved that game. the story line was great.

• Like 1

i cant rembmer if it was the Aces over Europe/Pacific series, or Strike Commander. either way, im pissed that i got the Aces games to work on win xp but not strike commander. i loved that game. the story line was great.

Eh have you tried DosBox? They say Strike Commander is supported (unless it's not the same game). http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?letter=S

First ever played was F18 on an AMIGA (in the Gulf - it was a cracked copy acquired @ Saudi Sams). First played on a PC that I owned was Falcon, EGA graphics. First Helicopter Sim was LHX.

First ever played was F18 on an AMIGA (in the Gulf - it was a cracked copy acquired @ Saudi Sams). First played on a PC that I owned was Falcon, EGA graphics. First Helicopter Sim was LHX.

My first combat sim was Red Baron 3d

Megafortress

Then a couple years later with a new computer Aces of the Pacific then Aces over Europe, then US Navy Fighters, US Marine Fighters, Advanced Tactical Fighters, NATO Fighters, but I never had Fighters Anthology.

CFS1 then IL2, Lock on and finally Wings over Europe.

Mine was Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer followed by "his" Air Combat. After that, way to many. I still play Air Combat at times.

My first combat flight sim wasn't even a computer game, it was a strategic level board game from Avalon Hill called Luftwaffe (each counter represented 150 aircraft), which led me to the the much more tactically oriented Air Force/Dauntless WWII air combat game. Within 2 or 3 years, I collected nearly every air combat simulation game (board and/or miniatures) I could find ranging from WWI to the near future. But my first computer game was Digital Integration's Fighter Pilot, which was an F-15 sim for the Timex-Sinclair 2068, quickly followed by their Tomahawk game (an AH-64 simulator). Both used dual Atari style joysticks almost like a modern HOTAS setup.

I bought a PC to play X-Wing (greatest game ever) and soon wanted to try a 'real' flight sim.

I bought some 'Combat thru the Ages' thing, I think it was from Microprose. You had a ww1, a ww2, a jet. It was a survey sim, obviously. Not very good at all, at least I wasn't any good at it. I wish I could remember what it was called. This would have been 91, 92.

Anyone remember this?

I moved onto Red Baron (YEAH!), Falcon 3.0 (YEAH!) and AOE (very disappointing).

F-15 Strike Eagle...on the Commodore 64 :) and it used every last byte of that 64K memory. Targets were triangles on the ground and Migs were triangles with a line sticking out the front. We've come a long way.

Air Warrior II. From WW1 up to the Sabre and MiG 15. Jane's USAF after that.

Hou doe,

Derk :smile:

Well I can't pick one since I got several at one time from a store going OOB (what a score that day :biggrin: ) but I do believe it was in the 1990-1992 time frame, so here they are.