Gunrunner

Your first combat flight sim...

Heroes of the 357th was lame. F-15SE 1 was old even THEN. Never played any Falcon before 3.0, but I played a lot of 3 and 4.

Had all the others there and played a LOT of them. B-17 had the longest missions of any flight sim I've ever played.

Heroes of the 357th was lame. F-15SE 1 was old even THEN. Never played any Falcon before 3.0, but I played a lot of 3 and 4.

Had all the others there and played a LOT of them. B-17 had the longest missions of any flight sim I've ever played.

Agreed Jedi as I don't remember playing Hero's of the 357th much or F-15. Now all the rest on the other hand saw lots of playtime. I still remember the day I got these, paid $20.00 for the whole lot. But if I could only pick one it would probably be Tornado with RB and B-17 in a tie for second place.

I own the three dynamics ones here: A10, Red Baron and AOTP. All are great, and I'm still missing AOTP and its great add-on.

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat for me here, too.

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat for me here, too.

Same here. Loved using the F-4 in this game. As said in one of the other posts, we've come a long way in our flight sims.

I still have the manual to Tornado. It rocks!

I am so old my first flight sim was using Airfix kits and re fighting the Battle of Britain with them!!

I then had a board game Blue Max

For computer I had Dawn Patrol then CFS1 and grew from there!

As a kid with plastic models I could only dream of ever actually flying and dogfighting in a Spitfire or Camel. The virtual world was and to be honest still is a wonder!

Im so old, I remember tellin orville itll never catch on,,,boy was i wrong,,,

I still have the manual to Tornado. It rocks!

I reaquired the game a several years back Jedi (complete w/manual, 5 or 6 3.5 floppies etc) but couldn't get it to run on my xp system so I just put it away, a few years later I found out about DOSbox then realized I can't remember where or what I did with the game :doh: . Thats one game I wish someone would redo with all of todays advancements in PC hardware... it would so rock!

There are a ton of old sims I wish would get 21st century updates, but alas and alack and anon and whatever, I don't think it will happen.

Besides, when it does we're just as likely to get an EE2 as a BoB2 or F4:AF.

First couple of military P.C flight sims:

A-10 Cuba (still got that installed)

Combat Flight Sim 1

F-22 Raptor (a copy of a friend's copy so it never really worked)

For Playstation:

Air Combat

Ace Combat 3

I must admit, after playing Command & Conquer Red Alert around 1999, I kind of ignored flight sims in favour of R.T.S until about 5 years ago.

First couple of military P.C flight sims:

A-10 Cuba (still got that installed)

Combat Flight Sim 1

F-22 Raptor (a copy of a friend's copy so it never really worked)

For Playstation:

Air Combat

Ace Combat 3

I must admit, after playing Command & Conquer Red Alert around 1999, I kind of ignored flight sims in favour of R.T.S until about 5 years ago.

Yes I had that bug too, mine was Shogun Total War, but alas unplayable now due to my OS. Recently did an interview with Vladimir Zayarniy

from Graviteam (SFK42) for another forum. They have a RTS coming out called FRONT ROADS: Kharkov 1943, looks to be pretty good, might even get me to try RTS again, sorry for going way OT with that one guys.

There are a ton of old sims I wish would get 21st century updates, but alas and alack and anon and whatever, I don't think it will happen.

Besides, when it does we're just as likely to get an EE2 as a BoB2 or F4:AF.

You talking about BoB2 when it was first released or now Jedi? I have BoB2 and have stayed current with the updates it's almost a totally different sim now then from when it's first release. Just seen a guy goes by the handle of Aces 2 who almost ready to release a huge multiskin pack for the luftwaffe bombers, looks very impressive and historically detailed. I seen the 2.10 update is coming and is suppose to improve the terrain quite a bit. Dang-it went OT again :doh: sorry guys.

NovaLogic F-22, then Janes USAF. I still have USAF and beening thinking of installing it again. They had some great missions in there and training.

As a kid with plastic models I could only dream of ever actually flying and dogfighting in a Spitfire or Camel. The virtual world was and to be honest still is a wonder!

Well said.

a dream come true! :smile:

My first sorta sim was Wings for the Amiga. Prior to that I had Blue Max for Commodore. I can't call that one a sim tho. Enjoyed Wings a lot. I even have copy for Nintendo Advance. Damm small screen... Currently in heaven with OFF:BH&H.

First combat sim owned: MiG Alley... but not really played.

Then, I think (ordered by purchase date), CFS1, Rage's Eurofighter Typhoon, Enemy Engaged Comanche vs. Hokum, CFS 2, EEAH (for merging with EECH), Crimson Skies (if this one can be counted as sim), CFS 3, LOMAC, SFP1, IL2, WoV, Pacific Fighters, WoE, EE2 and EE2 Desert Operations. And I'm pretty sure that I forgot one or two sims...

Greets,

Uhu

Mine was LucasFilm Games/Lawrence Holland's "Their Finest Hour : The Battle of Britain" (it was indeed, one of the first four games I owned, the other three being SimCity, M1 Tank Platoon and Zak McKracken), which I played, at first, in 1989 on a ridiculous 8088 with a CGA (4 colors, black, white, cyan and the dreaded magenta) display.

Can't believe the time I spent playing at the time, anyway, that started a long, very long serie of simulators over the years.

Same here, "Their Finest Hour" had to be one of the best sims of it's time. You could man the various realistic looking gunner positions (a first, contrary to one add I saw about a more recent flight sim) and the bombsights were farily accurate once you figured them out. I had a 2.86 computer and played on a CGA monitor as well so I know your pain when PINK Spitfires and Hurricanes came out to engage the black ME-109's. As a kid I could kill as many as 8 or 10 bandits on "full real" settings per mission. I spent hours playing that sim and didn't get rid of it until "Aces of the Pacific" when I was 12 or 13.

Stretch

F-19 Stealth Fighter.

Engine starts - peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Brain is about to explode of that horrable beeper sound!

Jetfighter III

Janes ATF

Jetfighter IV

CFS 1-2-3

Su-27

Falcon 4

SFP1

Lomac

WOE

FS98-FS2000-FS9

Can't belive I missed this thread.

First combat flight sim was F-15E Strike Eagle followed by Jet 2.0 and Stealth Mission.

Later on I got Gunship,F-19 Stealth Fighter and Super Huey. I also had on that used a Hughes 500 airframe for various missions but I forgot the name. And these were on my C64.

Now do I feel old.

Hmmm....if memory serves, first one was the tiny WWI map in the very first MS flight sim, where you could fly over the mountains and into a ghostly world of unknown, and if you stayed on a true course, a mirror landscape would emerge, sometimes populated with enemies, sometimes just ghost fields. Next combat sim would have been Microprose's F15 and then Mig Alley...damn those SAM sites. After wobbling about in the aircraft in DICEs Battlefield 1942, discovered IL2 and was mesmerized by how cool it was (and still is, imho).

drinks.gif

Edited by Baldric

Mt first was F16 Combat Pilot on the Amiga 500. Truly the greatest combat sim ever.

One of my all time favourites though was Flight of The Intruder on the Amiga.

4075.jpg

fintruder.jpg

I have kept all my Flight combat sims and even built retro pc's to play the older ones. I also have an Amiga 500, a Commodore 64 and a an Atari ST. I need these to play my flight sims.

Here are a few pics of my sims:

DSCF2221.jpg

DSCF2220.jpg

DSCF2219.jpg

DSCF2218.jpg

DSCF2216.jpg

Just remembered one of my all time favourites, Pacific Air War by Microprose. Boy that was great.

pc_game_cheats.jpguntitled.jpg