Sign in to follow this  
markkyle66

How to make the game better

Strange - the thing I miss most after years of playing EAW is floating down in your parachute after bailing out. That really added to the immersiveness for me :)

And yes Dave, I know, TK's said 'not a snowballs chance in hell of that one'. But I can dream.

As for coffe cup holders they have those in the EH101 helicopter, soon to be used as the US Presidential helicopter. I think the seats are heated as well. There might be silver service in US Presidential service although they don't get that in Brit use in Afghanistan.

Nice helicopter the EH101. I worked on the avionics for that one on testing the autopilot modes. Works a treat :)

A good Su-25 is also a great great plus to the game.

I do admit that to make the game more sophisticated means putting in extra time and effort. But I think the community yearns to see something which can group things up and get them all fit in well. On top of my head, I can think of a GCI link feature which brings all the Russian SAM linked up for covering up a larger gepgraphical area for Early Warning. This feature if operable and implementable should make the game more immersive than ever before.

On top of my head, I can think of a GCI link feature which brings all the Russian SAM linked up for covering up a larger gepgraphical area for Early Warning. This feature if operable and implementable should make the game more immersive than ever before.

SAMs/AAA already have that feature.

FastCargo

I would like to be able to order my flight to hit specific targets it does not have to be the primary target, but, at least be able to try and clear the way to the primary for me and wingie. Just a thought :biggrin:

I'll be more then happy if it could be possible. I understand that it is a project choice to have the player more focused on the primary target. IMHO I believe that it should be a user choice, not a developer choice. At least would be an option to change this.

There should be some hidden command in the code, whereby you get shot down then the game uninstalls itself! Then you have to go through the whole shebang of reinstalling, modding etc.

Cruel ? Yes.

Exciting ? You betcha !

I think folks would fly with a little more due care if such a thing were real. :biggrin:

Old wishes.

Configure your flight instead of the individual planes in the loadout. Starting up at the flightline. Bailing out with a chute, indeed.....

Maybe airfields with dispersals with trees around it (like the road bases) and (indeed) a recon capability.......

And maybe, strange as it may sound, one or two vehicles to drive around on the ground in some of the nice landscapes we have in the mean time. Had that possibility in my very first sim (Airwarrior II) and it was great fun driving around (for instance) Pearl Harbour, Paris, London and Berlin. Even included a T34/85 with a working gun (blew up the Reichstag, Eiffel Tower and Tower Bridge)

Just the same, like the game very much as it is :smile: with all the great add-ons and possiblities for

mods !!

Aju,

Derk

I want only one thing, the ability to lock ground targets using the air to ground radar.

6. a new avionics dll that supports both modern air to air functions and terrain mapping ( i am dreaming SAR radars )

Already have that with WOI, just waiting on patches for the rest of the series.

The simplest way to make the series better would be for TK to have a bigger budget. His complexity level is right in a sweet spot, you can get realism without a Phd in switchology.

I saw a psuedo-review of WOI by Andy Mahood in PCGamer's sim column. He did not do WOI or the series justice whatsoever, no mention of the mods for the series. He complained about the graphics, particularly the terrain, but in a little currently playing box, he has Falcon 4 listed. Now forgive me if it's my eyes, but all the screens I've ever seen of F4 are vastly inferior to the graphics of the SF games. LOMAC has much nicer terrain, but SF could probably be as detailed, it's just a question of time and effort in building a terrain. Effects are the best I've seen so far. Just compare F4 or LOMAC's afterburner effect to the SF games. Even stock wins, with the 3rd party AB effects it's not even a contest.

Personally, criticing a game's graphics is a non-issue. What really matters is gameplay.

Well personally, graphics is a big part of gameplay especially in a flight simulator. If one is to simulate flight as realistic as possible it would be funny as hell if with all the fancy electronics and system modelling and high fidelity FM, you would be thrown over what looks more like hangover gone bad than a place on Earth...

Well personally, graphics is a big part of gameplay especially in a flight simulator. If one is to simulate flight as realistic as possible it would be funny as hell if with all the fancy electronics and system modelling and high fidelity FM, you would be thrown over what looks more like hangover gone bad than a place on Earth...

Naw not for me. In a flight sim if there's a mountain in front of me, it really doesn't matter if that mountain is higly detailed with bird nests in the trees, or if it's just a green triangle.

What counts is that in the pilot's brain, he must navigate around the obstacle.

Well it's just a matter of taste I guess, because for me the only thing that navigates around green triangle is Pacman, pilots are the ones that navigate around mountains, sure it's hard to see birds nest at speeds involved, but I don't think they only see a green triangle either :flyer:

Personally, criticing a game's graphics is a non-issue. What really matters is gameplay.

yeah, i agree.......

what ifs:

faster formating AI, closer faster

pitch yaw roll thrust control

outside atmosphere operations...

nah just dreaming...

I thought it would be cool if in the next series your "charatcer" which is period correct walks out to the flight line and climbs up the ladder and gets situated in the cockpit while doing a very limited start-up procedure in the sweltering heat with field ops going on .... and you taxi out to the hold short line and wait for clearance with your wingman. (this could be a scripted scene for all I care, but if it was an in game thing it would be awesome!) some of the coolest places you'll ever see in the various militaries (for me anyways) are the flight-lines ... especially at places like Udorn, Korat, etc. or NAS Cecil Field where I grew up, I remember watching guys in F/A18's spooling up their turbofans with their helmets on the windscreen going through preflight checks and signaling when ready to roll out... always cool stuff! I also thought it would be cool to customize your pilots gear. For example in WOV you could pick various tiger-stripe flight suits, duck-hunt camo, or just green flight suits for your pilot... suit up walk out and fire her up :biggrin: Anyways the flight-line experience would add alot to the game I think :]

;

As a 14 year flight line weenie, I tend to agree.

Stepping, spoolin' and taxiing out would rock, as I always take off and land as it is, with a taxi to the ramp, and with patch 1 in WoI, shut down.

:good:

Edited by Spectre_USA

How about being able to pick which mission to fly within the package? meaning the package consists of CAP, SEAD and strike. each would have it's own primary target and would have it's own leave times CAP and SEAD flights would leave before the strikers to clear the way for the bombers. I know that this is present in the series but to be able to pick which group to participate in would be nice. :good::ok::biggrin:

AWACS.

and sack Red Crown

I agree. I only talk to Red Crown twice per mission. Once going into theater and once again checking out. Otherwise we're talking to a ground based Command & Control agency, and/or AWACS. Our Comm2 is tanker common where we often b*tch to each other about said C&C agency/AWACS. It's sometimes nice having 3 radios, plus SATCOM.

Adding normal radio chatter would help out the immersion quite a bit. I've tried replacing some sounds with some mil radio chatter, but it always started over whenever you swapped between inside and outside views. If we could get that to continuously play, problem solved.

Storm

Missed communication? :wink:

Brain32::

GreyCap::

Naw not for me. In a flight sim if there's a mountain in front of me, it really doesn't matter if that mountain is higly detailed with bird nests in the trees, or if it's just a green triangle.

Brain is correct. GreyCap is correct.

How? An example may be better than my attempts at bloaviating.

In the ground shooter games, you can see mountains and clouds maybe 30 miles away.

In the ship combat sims, you can see mountains and clouds maybe 30 miles away.

In the combat flight The Sims, you can see mountains and clouds maybe....30 miles away

What is needed is modelling the Earth in full detail AS SEEN FROM HIGH ABOVE -- which means the detail seen from aircraft replace the detail seen from the ground -- less but more at the same time. Also, the same attention paid to cloud types and behavior as the ground combat sim developers give buildings, trees, gullies, streams, etc... These have never been done before by a stock published sim that I know of. Since I avoid most combat flight The Sims like a plague, I'm not entirely sure though.