I'm stuck at work...can't play yet...PICS PLEASE!!! ;)

okay

post-22093-1222631903_thumb.jpg

The pit is awesome. :notworthy:

running into a bug. I added the gun to the gundata.ini yet is not showing up, I know to open the file in the gun editor and save to fix that, but the gun editor quits the second I hit open or import. Those things have always been sketchy, but otherwise the plane is great!

OMG this plane IS GODLY........only problem is i can't get the gun to work...i tried want was on the dl page for the gun editor....well thats ok cuz i've never been able to get that to work for me

running into a bug. I added the gun to the gundata.ini yet is not showing up, I know to open the file in the gun editor and save to fix that, but the gun editor quits the second I hit open or import.

Are you running Vista by any chance?

Move or rather install the entire game with all its files into the Users section instead into Program Files....it solves so many problems.

running into a bug. I added the gun to the gundata.ini yet is not showing up, I know to open the file in the gun editor and save to fix that, but the gun editor quits the second I hit open or import. Those things have always been sketchy, but otherwise the plane is great!

Take the gun editor and put it into your windows/system folder and make a short cut to it on your desktop. All will be well.

The read-me shoudl probably read 18,500#'s of fuel... not gallons :)

Can't wait to try this after supper!

Took her up a few times. So far:

Absolutely FANTASTIC cockpit! All-glass, and I've never seen so much info projected onto a HUD before. The plane does get kind of dicey at low speeds; the roll authority gets real low and eventually somehow seems to reverse (usually after I get below .5M): when I put in aft-left or aft-right inputs I start getting yaw and roll in the opposite direction of my inputs, but I only noticed this at low airspeeds.

For a Beta, it's lookin' good. Great job so far!

Took her up a few times. So far:

Absolutely FANTASTIC cockpit! All-glass, and I've never seen so much info projected onto a HUD before. The plane does get kind of dicey at low speeds; the roll authority gets real low and eventually somehow seems to reverse (usually after I get below .5M): when I put in aft-left or aft-right inputs I start getting yaw and roll in the opposite direction of my inputs, but I only noticed this at low airspeeds.

For a Beta, it's lookin' good. Great job so far!

You'll want to fly in Medium difficulty in WOE/WOV to counteract this odd phenomena.

This is happening in Sept Patched WoI. I'll check it out on Medium to see if that corrects it.

EDIT: Just flew it on Medium and do not get a reverse-control problem.

Edited by Caesar

Take the gun editor and put it into your windows/system folder and make a short cut to it on your desktop. All will be well.

I heartily recommend that everybody flies the F-35 on Normal Flight model, you'll find it floats like a dove on landing once the flaps are down, and turns are a lot nicer. You'll also have no problems with the odd dutch-roll/reversal phenomena. Think of it as "turning your Fly By Wire on"

:clapping: What an excellent plane ! Good work, keep on showing your talent and skill !! Everybody is eager to see more masterpieces!!!

Well I flew 2hrs yesterday on hard settings with it, even entered a gunfight(with no gun as I was too impatient to fly the thing so I ditched gun adding lol) against MiG-29S and WON! (manouver kill).

Then again I've been flying Oleg's FW190's for years so anything that does not have a natural tendency to violently crash into ground is supermanouverable for me :D

The only thing I noticed playing on hard is the plane being somewhat reluctant to go over Mach1 (alt was about 8000ft), but I have no knowledge about projected F-35A performance, so that might be normal?

I love you KLAVS your aircraft is very very very very very very very very FANTASTIC Thank YOU !!!!!

I love you KLAVS your aircraft is very very very very very very very very FANTASTIC Thank YOU !!!!!

Well I flew 2hrs yesterday on hard settings with it, even entered a gunfight(with no gun as I was too impatient to fly the thing so I ditched gun adding lol) against MiG-29S and WON! (manouver kill).

Then again I've been flying Oleg's FW190's for years so anything that does not have a natural tendency to violently crash into ground is supermanouverable for me :D

The only thing I noticed playing on hard is the plane being somewhat reluctant to go over Mach1 (alt was about 8000ft), but I have no knowledge about projected F-35A performance, so that might be normal?

I've taylored the FM to be most accurate at Normal Difficulty, hard mode has weird things going on with it. Next time you're in a dogfight, try using the rudders while manuvering in the vertical, most people tend to ignore the rudders in this sim, but they can really kick you over in a dogfight and make all the difference.

I've taylored the FM to be most accurate at Normal Difficulty, hard mode has weird things going on with it. Next time you're in a dogfight, try using the rudders while manuvering in the vertical, most people tend to ignore the rudders in this sim, but they can really kick you over in a dogfight and make all the difference.

Especially in the vertical and low energy-think its the immeleman.

Especially in the vertical and low energy-think its the immeleman.

I love dong that to my enemies, they chase me up, I roll, and shoot their...err.."faces" up :biggrin:

Hi Klavs,

Skelator here. What a fun aircraft to fly! I am having a blast flying her in the hard mode. The view at 77K is fantastic (with the new patch). You can see the stars and the curvature of the Earth! I haven't rudder flown a bird since the F-14. Thanks for the A2A tip. I'd forgotten about it.

Excellent work.

Keep the 3 'A's in the green and 'Check 6'

Skel

What I like to know is how were you guys able to get IFF to work. In every single scenario, friendly contacts (other than the F-35... which doesn't show up on radar at all) appear as solid blue dots with a direction indicator stem. Hostile contacts pop up as red and then immediately become open white triangles with the direction indicator stem. This is a huge step forward in radar avionics.

Aren't the bay doors opening too fast?

Edited by pablitoVPT

be quick or you'll be spotted :ok:

What I like to know is how were you guys able to get IFF to work. In every single scenario, friendly contacts (other than the F-35... which doesn't show up on radar at all) appear as solid blue dots with a direction indicator stem. Hostile contacts pop up as red and then immediately become open white triangles with the direction indicator stem. This is a huge step forward in radar avionics.

Just a function of looking at the radar sprites, TW doesn't really have neutral aircraft, so it's easy enough to classify non friendlys as hostile.

You'll notice that the radar only has TWS mode, but it was a pretty big pain to get it accurate enough to pick up on targets right away.

Try a solo night intrusion mission on heavy air defense and aircraft activity, and use your radar to guide yourself around the hostile air cover to deliver your ordinance. Talk about pucker factor with 12+ Flankers prowling around with the smell of blood in the water. Like being a Nighthawk except you can actually fight your way out of the situation.

And if your doors open too fast for your taste, change the .ini! They open just as fast or slow as the F-22.

Edited by Klavs81

Don't know, have to ask JSF_Aggie about that.

Having said that, doors that 'snap open' aren't really anything new. I remember seeing video of the old B-36 comparing the older original doors with newer 'rapid opening' doors. The newer doors were as long as some fighters and yet would SLAM open within a second...pretty amazing to watch.

Actually, now that I think about it, the F-117 doors weren't slow either...I have really old video of bomb drops, and I remember the F-117 doors taking about a second from opening start to fully deployed.

FastCargo

Hi, guys. realize this is a beta bird but having crash to desktop with version 1.6 in SFP 4.1 or the original strike fighters. Beta 1.5 was working with this but when i put 1.6 it crashes to desktop. Did like readme says. Anyone else have this? thx.

Hi, guys. realize this is a beta bird but having crash to desktop with version 1.6 in SFP 4.1 or the original strike fighters. Beta 1.5 was working with this but when i put 1.6 it crashes to desktop. Did like readme says. Anyone else have this? thx.

No there isn't, we forgot some parameters in the 1.5 version and added it to the 1.6, therefore it is no longer compatible until SF gets patched.